Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: BREAKING Colorado Approves “High Cap” Mag Ban Bill

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by o.d. ak View Post
    You still have to go through the NICS verification though correct ?
    Yes. I believe that is so, but nobody knows whether or not I buy anything, and I don't have to wait forever to get checked before I get my gun, If I get one. And three weeks ago it took just over the lunch hour to get it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Don View Post
    Yes. I believe that is so, but nobody knows whether or not I buy anything, and I don't have to wait forever to get checked before I get my gun, If I get one. And three weeks ago it took just over the lunch hour to get it.
    I guess i am confused then. You have state run background checks in addition to the NICS check ?

All we have here in MO is the NICS check, and it was the same in VT where i lived before. You walk in, fill out 4473, they call NICS call center, you get a yes, no or "hold" and then done.

Takes me all of 30mins from start to finish if i don't have to wait in line.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Colorado House Passes Gun Control Laws Will Magpul Move?

The bills again are:

• House Bill 1229 requiring background checks for all gun transactions;

• House Bill 1226 banning concealed weapons on campuses;

• House Bill 1228 instituting a fee for gun buyers to cover the cost of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation to perform background checks; and

• House Bill 1224 limiting magazines to 15 rounds.

Read more: Colorado House passes ban on concealed weapons on campus, slew of other gun bills - The Denver Post

Black Blade: looks like Magpul will be moving out of Colorado. Sent message they are welcome to move north to Wyoming.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

I guess i am confused then. You have state run background checks in addition to the NICS check ?

All we have here in MO is the NICS check, and it was the same in VT where i lived before. You walk in, fill out 4473, they call NICS call center, you get a yes, no or "hold" and then done.

My guy just does the deal & says he'll call me if there is a problem.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

It still has to pass the senate.
    Magpul is ready to move.
    From their Facebook page :

We're hearing some rumors that the Gov and the Dem caucus think we are bluffing. Just to clarify for them, then...we're not a political company. We dont play political games. We've made our position very clear, very publicly. We would not survive lying to our customer base, nor would we ever consider it. If you pass this, we will leave, and you will own it. We've already got plans in place to get PMAG manufacturing moved rapidly, and the rest of the company will follow. We will make sure to at least have a small remain-behind operation through the 2014 elections so that we can remind folks why we are gone.

Nuthin pisses Coloradians off more then more jobs being lost due to piss poor politics...
    Political suicide here.
    Keep the change-I just want my Country back!!!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

o.d.. Vermont was one of the first states said they would refuse to charge for a background check..
    Here in Florida, we pay $5.00 for the check, even if you have a carry permit.
    Was standing next to a SWAT Officer at a fun show, he was getting a background check at purchase and paying $5. In full uniform with his carry..
    I said you got to be kidding me. He said no, what the hell can we do, rules are rules..
    Now some states used to only do state checks, some called FBI H.Q. in D.C.. Not sure if they all call D.C. now??
    Florida calls D.C.. Even in gun friendly Florida.. If you have an outstanding speeding ticket in Nome Alaska, you aint gitten the gun, till you pay up..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

Write for your rights while there is still time both the ruger and S&W sites have easy to use one button forms to send all your reps a standard letter...
    God so loved the world He gave his only Son...
    ...Believe in Him and have everlasting life.
    John 3:16

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default zteknik

Good for those Colorado companies. God Bless them..
    Has Nappy Head taken a peek at the economy lately? Does he even have a clue, as to how much taxes they are taking in with this panic boom buying?
    He wants to end this buying and cut off its taxes..
    Nappy you idiot. It is the only American product bringing taxes in for Nancy to ride her jet and you to go golfing..
    Every other product we buy is made in China.. Better think about what you are doing, or the whole damn country will be on food stamps..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.