Gunco Forums banner

New "America's Navy" TV Ad??

1K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  2ndAmendican 
#1 · (Edited)
Anyone seen it?? I saw it for the first time last night, and I almost puked I was so mad. To the uninitiated it sounded vaguely "patriotic" but it had an interesting part where one "squid" says something to the effect of "I took an oath to follow all orders from my superiors". Oh, so you did, did you?? What about an oath to protect the Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic??? It's one of those things when you hear it, you can see how the commercial is slanted to the Left, but that line was the icing on the cake. I know there was something in my oath when I joined the Corps about following all lawful orders, but it was the way this line was worded. It really bothered me, especially on the heels of the whole "firing commanders who refuse to give the order to fire on American citizens" thing.

#5 ·
That will probably be the next commercial.....

#6 ·
Anyone seen it?? I saw it for the first time last night, and I almost poked I was so mad. To the uninitiated it sounded vaguely "patriotic" but it had an interesting part where one "squid" says something to the effect of "I took an oath to follow all orders from my superiors". Oh, so you did, did you?? What about an oath to protect the Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic??? It's one of those things when you hear it, you can see how the commercial is slanted to the Left, but that line was the icing on the cake. I know there was something in my oath when I joined the Corps about following all lawful orders, but it was the way this line was worded. It really bothered me, especially on the heels of the whole "firing commanders who refuse to give the order to fire on American citizens" thing.
As I have said before, If you were enlisted your oath is to the Constitution and are bound to follow LAWFUL ORDERS under the Constituion and the UCMJ.

If you are a Commisioned Officer or Warrant Officer you are bound to only follow and repeat orders which do not violate the Constituion and/or the UCMJ.

I haven't seen the new seaman commercial (here's where I would normally make a joke about a submarine going to sea with 100 sailors and returning to port with 50 couples, but out of respect for seamen everywhere I will not) but if that's what was said it is only partially true.

#9 ·
I saw another commercial last night, and it was a much longer version, that did actually say something about the Constitution just prior to the one saying something about following all orders from my superiors. I swear the one I saw the other night was a shortened version, and did NOT contain the line about taking an oath to protect the Constitution.

It really bothers me that the Obama administration is destroying the greatest military in the world, and turning them into Obama's Gestapo.

#12 · (Edited)
Is it the one that has the sailor's creed?
I am a United States Sailor,
I will support and defend the Constitution of The United States of America, and I will obey the orders of those appointed over me.
I represent the fighting spirit of the navy and
those that have gone before me to defend freedom and democracy around the world.
I proudly serve my country's navy combat fighting team with honor, courage, and commitment.
I am committed to excellence and fair treatment of all.
Is it that one? I think it is cheesy that the Navy's slogan is A global force for good. Can you say One one world order? It would be crap for some programming channel not to play the entire commercial, and a dis-service to the WW2 navy vets who laid down their lives to defeat the Japanese and preserve our nation.

You do not cut in half the Sailor's Creed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.