Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New "America's Navy" TV Ad??

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Default New "America's Navy" TV Ad??

Anyone seen it?? I saw it for the first time last night, and I almost puked I was so mad. To the uninitiated it sounded vaguely "patriotic" but it had an interesting part where one "squid" says something to the effect of "I took an oath to follow all orders from my superiors". Oh, so you did, did you?? What about an oath to protect the Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic??? It's one of those things when you hear it, you can see how the commercial is slanted to the Left, but that line was the icing on the cake. I know there was something in my oath when I joined the Corps about following all lawful orders, but it was the way this line was worded. It really bothered me, especially on the heels of the whole "firing commanders who refuse to give the order to fire on American citizens" thing.
    Last edited by 2ndAmendican; 02-19-2013 at 12:20 PM. Reason: spelling
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

hmmmmmmm

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

I thought you were going to say there were a couple guys making out on deck.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score

See the world...

Go Navy!
    God so loved the world He gave his only Son...
    ...Believe in Him and have everlasting life.
    John 3:16

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrock View Post
    I thought you were going to say there were a couple guys making out on deck.
    That will probably be the next commercial.....
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    Anyone seen it?? I saw it for the first time last night, and I almost poked I was so mad. To the uninitiated it sounded vaguely "patriotic" but it had an interesting part where one "squid" says something to the effect of "I took an oath to follow all orders from my superiors". Oh, so you did, did you?? What about an oath to protect the Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic??? It's one of those things when you hear it, you can see how the commercial is slanted to the Left, but that line was the icing on the cake. I know there was something in my oath when I joined the Corps about following all lawful orders, but it was the way this line was worded. It really bothered me, especially on the heels of the whole "firing commanders who refuse to give the order to fire on American citizens" thing.
    As I have said before, If you were enlisted your oath is to the Constitution and are bound to follow LAWFUL ORDERS under the Constituion and the UCMJ.

If you are a Commisioned Officer or Warrant Officer you are bound to only follow and repeat orders which do not violate the Constituion and/or the UCMJ.

I haven't seen the new seaman commercial (here's where I would normally make a joke about a submarine going to sea with 100 sailors and returning to port with 50 couples, but out of respect for seamen everywhere I will not) but if that's what was said it is only partially true.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

2nd a, it struck me the same exact way. the way the emphasis on that line bugged me also.

Gainesville, Ga Prototype Services's Avatar
    Feedback Score

That line caught my attention too.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

I saw another commercial last night, and it was a much longer version, that did actually say something about the Constitution just prior to the one saying something about following all orders from my superiors. I swear the one I saw the other night was a shortened version, and did NOT contain the line about taking an oath to protect the Constitution.

It really bothers me that the Obama administration is destroying the greatest military in the world, and turning them into Obama's Gestapo.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

this is a cause of worry---

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.