Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Might move to Colorado

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default Might move to Colorado

I was elated to discover I might have an opportunity to leave VA and move to CO in the upcoming months. The move would be a good business move for me in that it would put me into a better team.

So here I am all happy and starting to look into the state of the CO gun laws. It seems like this is the worst time ever to move!

Can I as someone who isn't yet a resident write the CO senators to voice my concerns? Is that even doable or will the letters get trashed?

I for one do not intend to adhere to laws that are in blatant disregard of the 2nd Amendment. However I would like to live without fear of repricussion of doing so.

Maybe I'll stay here in Va after all...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

just dye you hair orange first then you'll fit in with the rest of the public--

Feedback Score

Depending where you are relocating to in Colorado makes a difference. I lived in Denver for fours years a long time ago, and as far as I am concerned I never left anything there when I moved to Nebraska. The Western side of the mountains if a little better(more conservative), and Cheyenne, Wyoming is only 120 miles north of Denver. If you are young enough to ski, the skiing is great in that state. My knees can attest to that.

Feedback Score

I hear California is hurting for taxpayers... errr... I mean hard working employees.

Definitely a bad time to move to CO which sucks because I love it there and before all this I was thinking it would be a good place to head once my military stint is over.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

The account will be in Co. Springs

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

for a small fee I can store those nasty assault weapon "CLIPS" you have anything over 15 rounds is or will be verboten
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hcpookie View Post
    The account will be in Co. Springs

I am stationed here in Colorado Springs. The El Paso County Sheriff has publicly stated that he will not enforce any gun control laws that go contrary to the 2nd amendment. Also, they don't call it conservative Colorado Springs for nothing!

The thing about the pending legislation that passed the CO House on Friday is that it is all feel-good and unenforceable. If you already own mags greater than 15 rounds, they are grandfathered. So, there is no way of knowing when or where you purchased mags if you are out of state.

PM me if you want to know anything about the Springs and I'll get you my contact information.

Feedback Score

good luck and may you be happy there.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Yea pook,I moved to the Springs from NY.
    Like Smorgas said,the sherrif here is pro2a and not enforce the bs.
    Other counties here as well have made a solid stance against the gun grabbers.

As a soon to be resident,you can voice your oppinion stating the fact that your moving to the state and starting a busness here would soley depend on how the vote turns out .If against the 2a you will find another state to gladly take your buisness and prosper from your tax dollars.

Colorado AR-15 Shooters Club Discussion Forums
    This is the local Co.board that can fill you in on all the laws and such.
    Plus it's a great site like here with all different firearm interests.

Tell em I sent ya
    Keep the change-I just want my Country back!!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks for that info - makes me feel more assured of the situation. I'm definitely going to be vocal as soon as I know the contract is going to happen. I'll be talking with my future manager this weekend to hash out the details. Don't think I'll get any relo funding to help move, meaning the move costs will all be on me. Family in OK is already volunteering to keep those Evil Magazines in storage for me LOL

The issue for me, other than the gun issue, is going to be finances and how quickly I can sell my house. Not a perfect time to sell but if it gets me into a better long-term job position then it will be an investment.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.