Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: gasoline prices GOING UP!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Big Don View Post
    What burns me up is the media came out three weeks ago and said the oil companies were cutting back on production. The law of supply and demand then kicks in. Don't ask me to back this up; I could have three weeks ago when I saw it.
    That's true for right now. Many refineries shut down around this time for annual cleaning. Prices always have a jump around this time of year, but it has never been this bad. But the slowing in production is true around this time of year.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

their going to charge MORE for SUMMER gasoline -- now summer gas HAS MORE WATER?

what happen the oil cos water bill go up? LOL $4 a gallon wouldn't be so bad is it was straight clean 100LL

but this shit is 1/4 WATER and the rest is trail mix--

Feedback Score

Just got gas this morning. Seems to be down a little to $3.309/gal.

Feedback Score

Elections are over...
    God so loved the world He gave his only Son...
    ...Believe in Him and have everlasting life.
    John 3:16

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    their going to charge MORE for SUMMER gasoline -- now summer gas HAS MORE WATER?

what happen the oil cos water bill go up? LOL $4 a gallon wouldn't be so bad is it was straight clean 100LL

but this shit is 1/4 WATER and the rest is trail mix--
    Winter gas has oxidizers in it. This makes it more expensive. BUT, then the stupids leave the winter gas in the tanks until the end of june to use it up and it vaporlocks the cars Boy do I sell a lot of transmittion fluid around this time.

Feedback Score

Was supervisor in ethanol plant for years, would have a planned shutdown once a year for one-two days but no more than that. The shut down excuse is bogus

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

It's not all the "evil oil companies",,, it's the evil government adding so many tax's to it. I don't know, but some that seem to be in the know say that 1/3 or more of the cost per gallon,,is tax's.

Consider yourself lucky Big Don,, it just broke 4.00 per gallon most places here in VT, and still going up.

Feedback Score

Harwood's question: "Could the high prices actually help us?" obama: “I think that I would have preferred a gradual adjustment. The fact that, eh, this is such a shock to American pocketbooks is not a good thing. Uh, but if we take some steps right now to, uh, help people make the adjustment, f-first of all, by putting more money into their pockets, but also by encouraging the market to adapt to these new circumstances more quickly, particularly US automakers.” John Hardwood: Could the gas prices help us? "Well, yeah. A gradual adjustment would be better. I'd prefer it go up a little slower, but the fact that it's going up is fine. And if gets high enough, then people -- carmakers, too -- uh, will be more be more inclined, uh, uh, uh, to use alternative fuel." (You're supposed to suffer! It's supposed to get you on mass transit. It's supposed to have you be more accepting of alternative energy. See, alternative energy right now doesn't make any economic sense. There isn't any to speak of. But Obama still loves it because (in his alternative universe) windmills and solar are the answer to everything. Rising gas prices, that's the plan. Economic suffering is the plan. Old Chester's got too many cars: Two. He doesn't deserve them. He's not entitled to that many cars. It doesn't matter if he works hard and got the money to pay for them himself.) 10th of 2008 on CNBC's Your Money, Your Vote. Chief Washington Correspondent John Harwood is interviewing Obama.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Like a lot of things in our world nowadays. Keep bumping the price up until it becomes "normal" for people. 10 years ago (In southern Oregon) I was looking at a low of $0.99/Gal and a high side of $1.05/Gal. This past year in Oceanside, CA, on base (Pendleton) the highest I paid was $4.79 for a gallon of regular unleaded. It went down to about $3.50 over the election, and has been climbing slowly and steadily. yesterday it was at $4.23. has risen 4-5 cents every day this month almost. Now the insane price of $3.50/Gal seems like a bargain. Same with firearms and ammunition. Keep raising the price during scares, and lower it a little when its over, then raise it during the next scare, and lower it a little.

Cheaper than Dirt sent me an email telling me to "Spend my Tax Refund NOW!" at their store. Yea, or I could just go fill my tank to 3/4. WTF.

Feedback Score

We have just quit driving all we can. Much less eating out. I do as much as I can in one trip to town which is about 25 miles away. Grass will get much higher this summer. More online shopping like Amazon.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.