Thread: Looks Like We're Going to Bomb Guam Again - With Toxic Mice!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Looks Like We're Going to Bomb Guam Again - With Toxic Mice!

ANDERSEN AIR FORCE BASE, Guam (AP) -- Dead mice laced with painkillers are about to rain down on Guam's jungle canopy. They are scientists' prescription for a headache that has caused the tiny U.S. territory misery for more than 60 years: the brown tree snake.

Most of Guam's native bird species are extinct because of the snake, which reached the island's thick jungles by hitching rides from the South Pacific on U.S. military ships shortly after World War II. There may be 2 million of the reptiles on Guam now, decimating wildlife, biting residents and even knocking out electricity by slithering onto power lines.

More than 3,000 miles away, environmental officials in Hawaii have long feared a similar invasion which in their case likely would be a "snakes on a plane" scenario. That would cost the state many vulnerable species and billions of dollars, but the risk will fall if Guam's air-drop strategy succeeds.

US gov't to air-drop toxic mice on Guam snakes - Yahoo! News
    Karl

I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

HMMM WHAT ELSE EATS THOSE MICE?????? INTERESTING IDEA AT LEAST THERE DEAD MICE .

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile Incredible..

My Bro just told me about that one.. Yeah what biggun said..What else eats those mice?
    Imagine doing that here in the States.. PETA, Friends of the wolfs, Humane Society, Cat lovers, Friends of friends of cat lovers.. Oh my God that is funny..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

I'd like to see total dollars spent on this program. Ten years to figure out how to drop a dead mouse from a helocopter?? Worried about insects eating it?
    I bet nine and a half years were spent trying to keep the enviros happy & bottom feeder scientists employed.

Just put a bounty on them

And what's Hawaii worried about? No more wombats there??
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.