Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: GSG 1911-22

Feedback Score

Alaska Man, I've got 13 of those Ruger MKs. I love 'em. And they're actually too big for my little buddy. I guess we'll go to the next fun show and let him fondle the SR-22 and see what he thinks.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Olcoot
    Thanks for the report on yours, makes me feel better knowing at least one person has put thousands of rounds through one of these and it still works.

The Ruger SR22 is kind of a copy of the Walther 22 (to me it is), I only got to hold one of the Ruger's but fire two or three of the Walthers and I think they are decent pistols, if you have small hands check both of these out.

I have a Ruger MKII with a 5 1/2 Heavy barrel that shoots like a rifle. I wish ruger made a 45 type 22 I buy it.
    The closest they got right now is the MKII & MKIII 22/45, it feel close to how a 1911 feels in your hand. Even the mag release, slide release and safety are close to the same locations as a 1911. If you get one with the 5" to 6" bull barrel it's about the same weight too.

o.d. What's the problem with the Mosquito?
    OD & Hunter I've seen a lot of these at the range I go to, and only one ran well with only two brands of ammo, all but that one had feeding issues. And only that one guy kept his, everyone else sold or traded them in for something else.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

I purchased 2 of the Mosquito's as Christmas presents for myself and my wife a few years back and they were both terrible. They would only function some what reliably with CCI mini Mags and even then would seldom run a full mag with some type of issue. The triggers were also awful. I purchased them because they were Sig's but would not recommend one to anyone else.
    Tony

Visit my new blog and photography website
    Tony's Mad As Hell Blog
    www.photographicendeavors.com

NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_02 View Post
    o.d. What's the problem with the Mosquito?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post

OD & Hunter I've seen a lot of these at the range I go to, and only one ran well with only two brands of ammo, all but that one had feeding issues. And only that one guy kept his, everyone else sold or traded them in for something else.
    As far as i can tell it seems like on mine the extractor has been wearing out and is now out of spec as it won't hardly hold onto the rim of the cartridge anymore.

I called Sig a couple of years back to see if they would send/sell me a new extractor but they just told me to send the gun back and wouldn't provide any single parts. Since the gun was out of warranty and they wouldn't quote me a price on the work until they looked at it i declined because it seemed foolish to throw money at a $250 pistol that i honestly pretty much had gotten my money out of, I ran it hard for thousands or rounds before it started messing up.

Disposable gun IMO.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Feedback Score

Thanks Tommo I'm checking them out right now
    Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows that as a government grows, LIBERTY DECREASES."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score

Well aim had them at a good price I should have jumped on it ghezzzz there gone already
    Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows that as a government grows, LIBERTY DECREASES."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score

OK I went to the sportsman's warehouse today and bought two SIG 1911-22
    with sequential serial numbers $299.00 each that was the cheapest I could find them and I had three Sportsman's warehouse gift cards!!!
    Here is one picture with My Springfield 45 No the bad news no one has .22 ammo right now this is getting frustrating. I think the finish is really nice
    only comes with one magazine though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GSG 1911-22-45-1911-22.jpg  

Last edited by Akfite; 03-01-2013 at 08:12 PM. Reason: picture posted upside down

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score

My GSG 1911/22 has been outstanding. Downside is the single mag and the billboard of text on the side of the gun. The SIG has a bit nicer set of cosmetics but still a lot of text. Another downside is that these are imported via New York.

Their competitor is the Walther-built Colt-marked 1911/22s from Umarex of Arkansas. Mags are harder to find, but cosmetics are awesome.

Knowing what I know now, I'd get the Umarex "Colt" as it is cosmetically nicer and is not sold via New York.
    What if Tim McVeigh fired the shot heard round the world but none of us listened?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Glad you found one, well two, now the search for ammo starts
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.