Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: GSG 1911-22

Feedback Score

Smile GSG 1911-22

GSG 1911-22 does anyone own one off these and if so how good are they?
    I'm looking for one to buy for my sons birthday any online places that have them at a good price?

THANKS FOR ANY REPLYS
    Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows that as a government grows, LIBERTY DECREASES."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Can't help with the where to find one part, haven't kept an eye on them.

The couple of "down sides" I can think of;
    Mags are expensive at $30-35 a piece, but they are well made, and you shouldn't really need more then two.
    You need to remove a screw to take the slide off.
    Early models had a diecast barrel bushing, they are known to fail, but they did fix it with a steel piece and will replace it if you happen to get one with the lower quality part.

Other then that they a well made and are the same size as real 1911.
    I got mine late last summer and ran about 500 rounds through it without any problems, a couple others I know got them too (shooting their's made me buy mine) and haven't had any problems, one guy used his hard for a while without any issues.

So I'd say yes buy one
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Thanks Coils everything you said is what I've heard and researched just have to find the best place to get one I can find Sig 1911-22 and as I understand it they are the same gun just marked SIG so I may go that route.
    Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows that as a government grows, LIBERTY DECREASES."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Your welcome
    I never looked at the Sig but heard the same thing, and it makes sense, one company makes it and another pays them to put their name on it.
    Now don't get the Sig Mosquito, (just saying it because Sig is mentioned) I don't think I've seen one of those work right yet
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

I have a walther .22 it functions great but the accuracy sucks I really expected more from it but maybe I haven't found the right brand of ammo it will work with best. I was looking at the little Ruger 22 pistol also it looks a lot like the Walther but I'v watched severl video of guys shooting it and it seem to have outstanding accuracy. I have a Ruger MKII with a 5 1/2 Heavy barrel that shoots like a rifle. I wish ruger made a 45 type 22 I buy it.

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score

I have had one for 2 years last month with about 15K rounds through it, and not a single issue so far, it runs really well on the bulk pack 36gr ammo. Very accurate and load of fun to shoot. I would recommend it to anyone, many of the parts can be swapped for 1911 aftermarket ones as a direct replacement .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GSG 1911-22-dscn2759_cr-4.jpg  

Last edited by Olcoot; 02-25-2013 at 07:38 PM. Reason: link
    Tony

Visit my new blog and photography website
    Tony's Mad As Hell Blog
    www.photographicendeavors.com

NRA Life Member

Feedback Score

I think it looks better than my springfield 45

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Now don't get the Sig Mosquito, (just saying it because Sig is mentioned) I don't think I've seen one of those work right yet
    +1 on the mosquito. Mine worked good for the first 5K rounds or so but now it won't run a whole mag without 3-5 failures to extract. Bout to throw it in the trash and get a kimber .22 coversion for the 1911 or one of these GSG 1911's.

Feedback Score

o.d. What's the problem with the Mosquito? I got one for my younger grandson. He's run about 1500 rounds through it with no problem. I had to get the Mosquito as he's got small hands, even for a 9 year old. His older brother however is 11 and shoots a HiPower with no problem.
    If the Mosquito goes down, what other .22 auto will fit his hands that doesn't look like a toy
    Hunter

Feedback Score

Hey hunter I have the Walther 22 it runs ok and the grip is smallish I'v put about 500 rounds thru mine the accuracy isn't what I think it should be but
    that could be me..lol I have heard good things about the ruger sr 22
    and you can't go wrong with a ruger MKI II III IMO

Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.