Gunco Forums banner

ARKANSAS: CC holders addresses published

2K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  dcholl 
#1 ·
Hours before the law exempting Arkansas concealed carry license holder's names and zip codes from the state freedom of information act was signed into law Friday, an editor of the "Arkansas Business" magazine published a link to an Arkansas State Police produced spreadsheet listing them on her publication's website.

Arkansas Business has since taken the link down after ferocious responses from second amendment patriots in Arkansas, however, she has asked people to email her to receive a copy now.

Our World In 2013 (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) | Arkansas Business News | ArkansasBusiness.com

#4 ·
HMMMMMM IN A WAY ITS A GOOD THING AN SHOULD BE EXACTLY WHY NATIONWIDE GUN REGISTRATION SHOULD NOT BE PASSED . HTIS NEED TO BE USED ASS AMMO TO STOP LAWS FROM PASSING .

SOONER OR LATER THERE GOING TO PUBLISH THE WRONG PERSONS HOME ADRESS AN A NEWSPAPER OR MAGAZINE IS GOING TO GO UP IN FLAMES OR SOME ONE IS GOING TO END UPO DEAD.

HOW LONG BEFORE A CRIMINAL USES ONE OF THESE LISTS TO FIND HIS VICTEM OR EX WIFE OR WHO EVER IS TRYING TO HIDE FORM BAD PEOPLE?????

ALSO WHY ARE THE POLICE RELEASING THIS INFO????

WHO CARES IF SHE TOOK IT DOWN SHE KNEW WHEN SHE DID IT THERE WAS GOING TO BE OUT CRY .

NOW SHE WILL PUBLISHTHE DEATH THREATS AN SELL MORE OF THE RAG .

HOPE SOMBODY WILL PUBLISH HER ADRESS . HER BUSSINESS ADRESS HER FAMIALYS ADRERSS . WERE SHE HANGS OUT ADRESS WHO WERE FRINEDS ARE ADRESS JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN DONT MEAN YOU SHOULD .

THESE PEOPLE ARE RISKING PEOPLES LIVES. IF SHE IS STILL PROVIDING THIS INFO BY EMAIL HOW IS THAT NOT NOW A CRIME AFTER ITS BEEN OUT LAWED ??????

#5 ·
MY REPLY TO HER EMAIL ADRESS LISTED

ARE YOU INSANE ????

HOW ARE YOU PROTECTING ANYONE??? HAS IT OCCURRED TO YOU THAT MANY OF YOUR LISTED LEGAL AN BACK GROUND CHECKED GUN OWNERS CARRY BECAUSE THERE AFRAID OF BEING ABUSED OR KILLED BY ABUSERS AN LIVE IN HIDING FOR FEAR OF BEING BEAT OR KILLED???

HOW MANY WOMEN WILL NOW NEED TO MOVE BECAUSE OF YOUR STUPIDITY ?????

I KNOW SEVERAL WOMEN WHO LIVE IN CONSTANT FEAR THERE EX,S WILL COME AN HURT THEM OR KIDNAP THERE CHILDREN AN BEEN BEATEN BEFORE IF THEREON YOU LIST YOU JUST HANDED THERE ABUSER THERE ADRESS!

IF YOU THINK YOUR FAMILY MEMBER IS CARRYING ILLEGALLY CALL THE POLICE AN LET THEM HANDEL IT??

HOW ABOUT YOU PUBLISH YOUR ADDRESS AN YOUR FAMILY'S ADDRESS AN THE FACT YOU ARE NOT ARMED ????? I DIDN'T THINK SO.

DO EVERY ONE A FAVOR AN BURN YOUR LIST BEFORE YOU GET SOME ONE KILLED.

ITS AMAZING HOW YOU WOULD ABUSE THE FIRST AMENDMENT TO ATTACK THE SECOND AN ENDANGER OTHERS IN THE PROCESS. YOUR A DANGERIOUS PERSON.

THANK YOU

#6 ·
SO WHERE IS HER HOUSE ????? HOW DO YOU SEND EMIALS TO INMATES IN ARKANSAS LEGALY ????? IM SURE THEY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW SHE IS UNAREMD

I DONT WANT TO BREAK THE LAW JUST PROVIDE KILLERS AN RAPIST INFORMATION INCASES THEY WANT TO KNOW WERE TO FIND HER . IM SURE HER TAX RETURN AN OTHER INFO IS PUPLIC. HEY AS LONG AS ITS LEGAL.

THAT WOMEN SHOULD BE VERY VERY WORRIED THAT SOME SOUTHERN BOYS DONT TAKE OFFENSE TO HER GIVING OUT NAMES . IM SURE SHE WILL NEED AREMD SECURITY VERY SOON OR ALREADY HAS IT. MAN TALK ABOUT STUPID. SHE HAS THE LIST AN IS NOT AFRAID TO USE IT ???? WTF

20 in their 20s: Aaron Clark

Research

Business Lists
Commercial Real Estate Listings
Meeting & Events Facilities

Latest Lists

Architects, Engineers See ‘Positive Signs' in Private Sector, Growing College Enrollment

Highest Paid Arkansas Athletes
Largest Arkansas Exports

Subscribe
Nominate

Arkansas Business of the Year
40 Under 40
20 In Their 20s
CFO of the Year
Best of Business
Cities of Distinction

Twitter
Facebook
RSS Feeds
Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:53 PM | Register Now or Login
Vote now for the Top Golf Courses in Arkansas. Results to be published in Arkansas Business Executive Golfer. Click here to vote.

Home

Our World In 2013 (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note)

The Arkansas General Assembly has decided to amend the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act. (Photo by Stephanie Dunn)

by Gwen Moritz
Posted 2/25/2013 12:00 am
Updated 1 day ago

Email Story
Print Story

Editor's Note:
At the request of a number of licensees who were concerned that they might be targeted by criminals, Arkansas Business has voluntarily removed a link to the spreadsheet of concealed-carry licensees generated by the Arkansas State Police on Friday morning before the information was exempted from the state Freedom of Information Act. However, the spreadsheet will still be available by request. If you want a copy, email GMoritz@ABPG.com.

I trust you’ll take the time to read this week’s features on 10 truly interesting women. I learned so much from writing one and editing the other nine. I think the Arkansas Business reporting staff did a great job of choosing “Women of Influence” whose spheres of influence are about as varied as can be imagined — from the mother of 19 children to the CEO of Sam’s Club.

(Actually, Michelle Duggar probably knows a lot about Sam’s Club. But I digress.)

As much as I enjoy this feature, and as deserving of attention as I think these women are, I have to confess that I wish that getting more women in the pages of Arkansas Business weren’t something that took a special effort. For years, in fact, I resisted the idea of singling out women to feature — or minorities, for that matter — because it smacked of manipulating the news.

Plus, I told myself that this problem would eventually solve itself because more and more women would enter the world of business and climb swiftly to those managerial and executive ranks that bring them to our attention. But in 2010, I finally conceded that it just wasn’t happening on its own.

Oh, certainly there are more women in executive roles than there were in 1984, when Arkansas Business launched, or in 1999, when I arrived. But the imbalance is still pretty obvious when I look at the names and faces in this publication week to week.

I’m not sure an occasional feature like Women of Influence will change much, but at least it can serve as a reminder that there are capable women doing important work for those businesses and organizations that give them the chance — or creating their own spheres of influence.

I can’t adequately express without wildly waving hand gestures how disappointed I am that the Arkansas General Assembly, in some kind of brain-paralyzing panic, has decided to amend the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act so that the public cannot know who is licensed to carry a concealed weapon.

As this publication pointed out in an editorial a couple of weeks back, knowing who is licensed is the only way to determine who is not licensed. Your crazy uncle shows up at a family reunion packing heat — is he really licensed? A neighbor has taken to walking the sidewalks with a sidearm — is he licensed? Your church decides to allow firearms on the premises — as should be the right of a private, voluntary organization — but is that guy in the next pew really licensed to carry?

According to our legislature, you don’t even have the right to wonder

Twitter
Facebook
RSS Feeds
Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:54 PM | Register Now or Login
Vote now for the Top Golf Courses in Arkansas. Results to be published in Arkansas Business Executive Golfer. Click here to vote.

Home

Our World In 2013 (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note)

The Arkansas General Assembly has decided to amend the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act. (Photo by Stephanie Dunn)

by Gwen Moritz
Posted 2/25/2013 12:00 am
Updated 1 day ago

Email Story
Print Story

There is nothing — zip, zilch, nada — about this very bad idea that expands or otherwise protects the individual right to bear arms. No one new gets to legally own, carry or discharge firearms. The requirements for licensure aren’t changed at all by this decision to slice off a little piece of the public’s right to know.

What’s more, there wasn’t anything wrong with the old law. Since an amendment four years ago, the only information about concealed-carry licensees has been available to the public are the names and ZIP codes. This was a reasonable compromise reached after certain news organizations, locally and elsewhere in the country, decided to publish extensive information about licensees, including their home addresses. I understood the concerns about that — Arkansas Business generally doesn’t even list the exact street addresses of houses that are sold.

Gov. Beebe has declined to sign the bill, but he also declined to veto it. I understand that a veto — in this case and in most others in Arkansas — would only have been a gesture. It’s as easy to override a veto as to pass a bill in the first place, and this wasn’t even close. But sometimes a gesture is worth making, and I think the public’s right to know is an issue worth standing up for — even if it means being on the losing side. As I clearly am.

Meanwhile, I have obtained a list of the concealed-carry licensees from the Arkansas State Police while it was still my right to keep and bear these names and ZIP codes, and I’m not afraid to use it. If you want a copy of the list, just email me at the address below. Your crazy uncle may be on it. Or maybe not.
Gwen Moritz is editor of Arkansas Business. Email her at GMoritz@ABPG.com

#9 ·
LIKELY HER BOSS
George Waldon's Overview
Current Senior Editor at Arkansas Business Publishing Group
Connections 29 connections
George Waldon's Experience
Senior Editor Arkansas Business Publishing Group
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Publishing industry

Currently holds this position

Contact George for:
●career opportunities●consulting offers●new ventures●job inquiries●expertise requests●business deals●reference requests●getting back in touch
View George Waldon’s full profile to...•See who you and George Waldon know in common
•Get introduced to George Waldon
•Contact George Waldon directly

#11 ·
HERE IS HER ON LINE PROFILE WITH PHONE NUMBER SHE IS NOT VERY SMART . TAKING A RISK LIKE THAT AN HAVING YOUR IFO OUT THERE IS DUMB. NOT SURE ABOUT THE RULES FOR COPYING AN PASTING SO ILL LEAVE THE LINK TOOK ME 5 SECONDS TO FIND .

Gwen Moritz | Arkansas Business News | ArkansasBusiness.com

LIKELY HER ADDRESS WITH A MAP ON HOW TO GET THERE.

Free People Search | WhitePages

TWITTER

https://twitter.com/gwenmoritz

HER AN HUSBAND ROB PICS
Image Detail for - Gwen Moritz

COMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR FOR THE NASHVILE BAR AN THEY HAVE A FEW KIDS ACCORDING TO THIS.

Gwen Moritz named editor; Darin Gray is promoted. - Free Online Library

SUCKS TO HAVE YOUR INFO SPREAD AROUND DOSENT IT ??????

#12 ·
Yeah...I posted her publicly available home address and phone number from her property tax rolls on AKfiles and received a 21 day ban. I stated I was posting the publicly available information for people seeking to serve papers on her for any lawsuit that may arise out of her publication of the list, and then emailing it after the ban went into effect.

She has since written an apology (sort of) after having had to disconnect her phone, and wade through hundreds of emails.
You can read it here: My Learning Curve (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) | Arkansas Business News | ArkansasBusiness.com

Good thing I didn't post any publicly available information here....

The poster after me was banned for 21 days as well for posting a google street view of her mini McMansion..

#16 ·
I would imagine either she's getting such a torrent of email that her inbox is locked up, or she shut her email account down entirely for the same reason.

Like biggun said her "apology" is interesting, i bet she didn't expect the kind of reaction she got.

#17 ·
THE INTERNET GIVES US POWER. THEY MEDIA CANT CONTROL IT LIKE THE AIR WAVES.

THE NRA NEEDS TO USE IT MORE EFFECTIVLY.

IT WAS JOE BLOW WHO STRUCK BACK.

ANY ANTI WHO PULLS THIS CRAP NEEDS TO GET THE SAME TREATMENT.

TO MANY LIEING REPORTERS NOT BEING HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

DONT WRITE YOUR REP WRITE YOUR REPORTER.

#18 ·
I carried a Colt .45 1911 concealed for nearly 30 years without a government sanctioned "permission slip" before I finally got my CCW - even while living in the SF Bay Area during the 1980s. A couple years ago I broke down and got my CCW in Wyoming (and permits from Utah and Florida). So what happens? We are now "Constitutional Carry" here and no permission slip is needed. Go figure.

#19 ·
YEA WHEN I WAS IN CALIFORNIA THERE WAS A REASON TO BACK IN A FEW PLACES POERMIT OR NOT. I WNET TO THE OAKLAND ROADSTER ONCE AN TOOK THE WORNG HIGHWAY ABOVE OAKLAND AN SAID OH WE WILL JUST CUT THROUGH TOWN ON A FRIDAY NIGHT WITH TWO TEEN AGE GIRLS WHO CANT SHUT THERE MOUTHS IN A CONVERTABLE CAMAREO. MY GOD DRUG DEALERS AEVERY CORNER TRASH CANS ON FIRE BURNT OUT CARS. I BLEW EVERY STOP SIGN AN THAT WAS WITH A 357 SITTING ON THE SEAT. BACK THEN THAT WAS LEGAL AS IT WASENT CONCLEDED. AMAZING WHAT GOING 50 MNUTES FROM HOME CAN GET YOU INTO .

IM ACTULAY DEBTING ON GETTING MY CONCILED IN WI . NOT SURE ITS WORTH THE TROUBLE . IF I WERE TO GET STOPED WIATH ANY ALCHOLE IN ME I COULD LOOSE A LOT . NO IM NOT TALKING DRUNK WITH A GUN .

#20 ·
Not only reckless Endangerment, What about the right to privacy!, there also could be a 2nd amendment issue here as well, If you could prove or that you honestly believe that the names were published to infringe on there rights, which shouldnt be difficult once you prove the invasion of privacy, which is not difficult in this case. It dosnt matter if the link is now disabled, It was up and people seen it there is no way they can prove other wise. ( And Just for the record I am not an Attorney no do I play one on television!) But I have been involved in a civil court action the last year and a half actually 2 to be presise, and the other day We the case after closing arguements, That Judge stated in open court she has never had anyone whom is not a member of the bar, present a case in such a manner as I did and that I should be proud of myself and that she was impressed on how the case was presented. And due to the complex matters she has to take the case under advisement until next friday.The one great satisfaction I had was proved the opposing party used falseified documents, they are attempting to commit fruad, discrimination!,invasion of privacy, liable, and slander, and for the Kill shot I proved that the person had commited purjury while under oath!!!several times( The person that did all this has now buried themselfs and the company they work for because the person is one of those that has to be the bigshot know it all!. We all know the type and we have had to work with them at one time or another
And is thet ype of person that always gets away with it!!. Well Not this time! I thought Id share this with the group to brighten your day. And mabe it will give you guys some satisifaction for everyone here that has been screwed over and have been falsely accused of something, and can say its about time the little guy won! Oh & btw this was done just because the person didnt like me personnaly and they like to bully others around. and Now its going to cost them. This is what happens when the Area managers and CEO's do not listen to an employee(s) or customers and so on. And the company says they had or have no Idea this was going on. But in this case, they had pryor knowledge. And as soon the Lawsuit is filed, they know they are the ones that are about to be screwed!!, Doc ( P.S. Im sorry if I posted this in the wrong place but since there was a legal issue here I thought it would be Ok.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.