Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ARKANSAS: CC holders addresses published

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default ARKANSAS: CC holders addresses published

Hours before the law exempting Arkansas concealed carry license holder's names and zip codes from the state freedom of information act was signed into law Friday, an editor of the "Arkansas Business" magazine published a link to an Arkansas State Police produced spreadsheet listing them on her publication's website.

Arkansas Business has since taken the link down after ferocious responses from second amendment patriots in Arkansas, however, she has asked people to email her to receive a copy now.

Our World In 2013 (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) | Arkansas Business News | ArkansasBusiness.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

This is one of the reasons why i will never hold a CC permit, in addtion to the fact that i should not need permission to exercise my constitutional right.

I hope that someday MO will follow the lead of VT, AZ, WY and AK and go to a permitless system.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

When these peoples houses start burning down, they will stop printing confidential information.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

HMMMMMM IN A WAY ITS A GOOD THING AN SHOULD BE EXACTLY WHY NATIONWIDE GUN REGISTRATION SHOULD NOT BE PASSED . HTIS NEED TO BE USED ASS AMMO TO STOP LAWS FROM PASSING .

SOONER OR LATER THERE GOING TO PUBLISH THE WRONG PERSONS HOME ADRESS AN A NEWSPAPER OR MAGAZINE IS GOING TO GO UP IN FLAMES OR SOME ONE IS GOING TO END UPO DEAD.

HOW LONG BEFORE A CRIMINAL USES ONE OF THESE LISTS TO FIND HIS VICTEM OR EX WIFE OR WHO EVER IS TRYING TO HIDE FORM BAD PEOPLE?????

ALSO WHY ARE THE POLICE RELEASING THIS INFO????

WHO CARES IF SHE TOOK IT DOWN SHE KNEW WHEN SHE DID IT THERE WAS GOING TO BE OUT CRY .

NOW SHE WILL PUBLISHTHE DEATH THREATS AN SELL MORE OF THE RAG .

HOPE SOMBODY WILL PUBLISH HER ADRESS . HER BUSSINESS ADRESS HER FAMIALYS ADRERSS . WERE SHE HANGS OUT ADRESS WHO WERE FRINEDS ARE ADRESS JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN DONT MEAN YOU SHOULD .

THESE PEOPLE ARE RISKING PEOPLES LIVES. IF SHE IS STILL PROVIDING THIS INFO BY EMAIL HOW IS THAT NOT NOW A CRIME AFTER ITS BEEN OUT LAWED ??????

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

MY REPLY TO HER EMAIL ADRESS LISTED

ARE YOU INSANE ????

HOW ARE YOU PROTECTING ANYONE??? HAS IT OCCURRED TO YOU THAT MANY OF YOUR LISTED LEGAL AN BACK GROUND CHECKED GUN OWNERS CARRY BECAUSE THERE AFRAID OF BEING ABUSED OR KILLED BY ABUSERS AN LIVE IN HIDING FOR FEAR OF BEING BEAT OR KILLED???

HOW MANY WOMEN WILL NOW NEED TO MOVE BECAUSE OF YOUR STUPIDITY ?????

I KNOW SEVERAL WOMEN WHO LIVE IN CONSTANT FEAR THERE EX,S WILL COME AN HURT THEM OR KIDNAP THERE CHILDREN AN BEEN BEATEN BEFORE IF THEREON YOU LIST YOU JUST HANDED THERE ABUSER THERE ADRESS!

IF YOU THINK YOUR FAMILY MEMBER IS CARRYING ILLEGALLY CALL THE POLICE AN LET THEM HANDEL IT??

HOW ABOUT YOU PUBLISH YOUR ADDRESS AN YOUR FAMILY'S ADDRESS AN THE FACT YOU ARE NOT ARMED ????? I DIDN'T THINK SO.

DO EVERY ONE A FAVOR AN BURN YOUR LIST BEFORE YOU GET SOME ONE KILLED.

ITS AMAZING HOW YOU WOULD ABUSE THE FIRST AMENDMENT TO ATTACK THE SECOND AN ENDANGER OTHERS IN THE PROCESS. YOUR A DANGERIOUS PERSON.

THANK YOU

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

SO WHERE IS HER HOUSE ????? HOW DO YOU SEND EMIALS TO INMATES IN ARKANSAS LEGALY ????? IM SURE THEY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW SHE IS UNAREMD

I DONT WANT TO BREAK THE LAW JUST PROVIDE KILLERS AN RAPIST INFORMATION INCASES THEY WANT TO KNOW WERE TO FIND HER . IM SURE HER TAX RETURN AN OTHER INFO IS PUPLIC. HEY AS LONG AS ITS LEGAL.

THAT WOMEN SHOULD BE VERY VERY WORRIED THAT SOME SOUTHERN BOYS DONT TAKE OFFENSE TO HER GIVING OUT NAMES . IM SURE SHE WILL NEED AREMD SECURITY VERY SOON OR ALREADY HAS IT. MAN TALK ABOUT STUPID. SHE HAS THE LIST AN IS NOT AFRAID TO USE IT ???? WTF

20 in their 20s: Aaron Clark

Research

Business Lists
    Commercial Real Estate Listings
    Meeting & Events Facilities

Latest Lists

Architects, Engineers See ‘Positive Signs' in Private Sector, Growing College Enrollment

Highest Paid Arkansas Athletes
    Largest Arkansas Exports

Subscribe
    Nominate

Arkansas Business of the Year
    40 Under 40
    20 In Their 20s
    CFO of the Year
    Best of Business
    Cities of Distinction

Twitter
    Facebook
    RSS Feeds
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:53 PM | Register Now or Login
    Vote now for the Top Golf Courses in Arkansas. Results to be published in Arkansas Business Executive Golfer. Click here to vote.

Home

Our World In 2013 (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note)

The Arkansas General Assembly has decided to amend the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act. (Photo by Stephanie Dunn)

by Gwen Moritz
    Posted 2/25/2013 12:00 am
    Updated 1 day ago

Email Story
    Print Story

Editor's Note:
    At the request of a number of licensees who were concerned that they might be targeted by criminals, Arkansas Business has voluntarily removed a link to the spreadsheet of concealed-carry licensees generated by the Arkansas State Police on Friday morning before the information was exempted from the state Freedom of Information Act. However, the spreadsheet will still be available by request. If you want a copy, email GMoritz@ABPG.com.

I trust you’ll take the time to read this week’s features on 10 truly interesting women. I learned so much from writing one and editing the other nine. I think the Arkansas Business reporting staff did a great job of choosing “Women of Influence” whose spheres of influence are about as varied as can be imagined — from the mother of 19 children to the CEO of Sam’s Club.

(Actually, Michelle Duggar probably knows a lot about Sam’s Club. But I digress.)

As much as I enjoy this feature, and as deserving of attention as I think these women are, I have to confess that I wish that getting more women in the pages of Arkansas Business weren’t something that took a special effort. For years, in fact, I resisted the idea of singling out women to feature — or minorities, for that matter — because it smacked of manipulating the news.

Plus, I told myself that this problem would eventually solve itself because more and more women would enter the world of business and climb swiftly to those managerial and executive ranks that bring them to our attention. But in 2010, I finally conceded that it just wasn’t happening on its own.

Oh, certainly there are more women in executive roles than there were in 1984, when Arkansas Business launched, or in 1999, when I arrived. But the imbalance is still pretty obvious when I look at the names and faces in this publication week to week.

I’m not sure an occasional feature like Women of Influence will change much, but at least it can serve as a reminder that there are capable women doing important work for those businesses and organizations that give them the chance — or creating their own spheres of influence.

I can’t adequately express without wildly waving hand gestures how disappointed I am that the Arkansas General Assembly, in some kind of brain-paralyzing panic, has decided to amend the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act so that the public cannot know who is licensed to carry a concealed weapon.

As this publication pointed out in an editorial a couple of weeks back, knowing who is licensed is the only way to determine who is not licensed. Your crazy uncle shows up at a family reunion packing heat — is he really licensed? A neighbor has taken to walking the sidewalks with a sidearm — is he licensed? Your church decides to allow firearms on the premises — as should be the right of a private, voluntary organization — but is that guy in the next pew really licensed to carry?

According to our legislature, you don’t even have the right to wonder

Twitter
    Facebook
    RSS Feeds
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:54 PM | Register Now or Login
    Vote now for the Top Golf Courses in Arkansas. Results to be published in Arkansas Business Executive Golfer. Click here to vote.

Home

Our World In 2013 (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note)

The Arkansas General Assembly has decided to amend the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act. (Photo by Stephanie Dunn)

by Gwen Moritz
    Posted 2/25/2013 12:00 am
    Updated 1 day ago

Email Story
    Print Story

There is nothing — zip, zilch, nada — about this very bad idea that expands or otherwise protects the individual right to bear arms. No one new gets to legally own, carry or discharge firearms. The requirements for licensure aren’t changed at all by this decision to slice off a little piece of the public’s right to know.

What’s more, there wasn’t anything wrong with the old law. Since an amendment four years ago, the only information about concealed-carry licensees has been available to the public are the names and ZIP codes. This was a reasonable compromise reached after certain news organizations, locally and elsewhere in the country, decided to publish extensive information about licensees, including their home addresses. I understood the concerns about that — Arkansas Business generally doesn’t even list the exact street addresses of houses that are sold.

Gov. Beebe has declined to sign the bill, but he also declined to veto it. I understand that a veto — in this case and in most others in Arkansas — would only have been a gesture. It’s as easy to override a veto as to pass a bill in the first place, and this wasn’t even close. But sometimes a gesture is worth making, and I think the public’s right to know is an issue worth standing up for — even if it means being on the losing side. As I clearly am.

Meanwhile, I have obtained a list of the concealed-carry licensees from the Arkansas State Police while it was still my right to keep and bear these names and ZIP codes, and I’m not afraid to use it. If you want a copy of the list, just email me at the address below. Your crazy uncle may be on it. Or maybe not.
    Gwen Moritz is editor of Arkansas Business. Email her at GMoritz@ABPG.com

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

If you are going to start emailing and writing these people, please have some one proof-read and edit for you prior to sending it.

The more professional it sounds, the less they can use it for spin-doctoring.

Firearms Accumulator Carbine Coyote's Avatar
    Feedback Score

They are on a crusade to "make the world a safe place for children" and get warm fuzzies when they think they are exposing evil. A few well-placed subpoenae will make them see the light.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

LIKELY HER BOSS
    George Waldon's Overview
    Current Senior Editor at Arkansas Business Publishing Group
    Connections 29 connections
    George Waldon's Experience
    Senior Editor Arkansas Business Publishing Group
    Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Publishing industry

Currently holds this position

Contact George for:
    ●career opportunities●consulting offers●new ventures●job inquiries●expertise requests●business deals●reference requests●getting back in touch
    View George Waldon’s full profile to...•See who you and George Waldon know in common
    •Get introduced to George Waldon
    •Contact George Waldon directly

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Reckless endangerment, for starters.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.