Gunco Forums banner

Another Group To Be Striped Of Gunownership

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Big Don 
#1 ·
New Senate bill imposes punishment for “trafficking” firearm to “prohibited person”
Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
March 1, 2013

A draconian new gun control bill in the US Senate could see people who unknowingly sell guns to pot smokers be sent to jail for up to 20 years.

S. 54, or the Stop Illegal Trafficking in Firearms Act, introduced by Judiciary Committee Chairman Pat Leahy (D-VT), “would impose a 20-year prison term if you planned (“conspired”) to purchase a firearm in order to give or raffle it to a person who, unbeknownst to you, is a “prohibited person,” reports Gun Owners of America.

Under 18 U.S.C. 922(d)(3) and (g)(3), marijuana smokers are considered “prohibited persons” because it is illegal to possess a firearm if you are “an unlawful user of … any controlled substance.”

The list of “prohibited persons” would also include some 150,000 veterans because a psychiatrist appointed a fiduciary to oversee their financial affairs.

The bill would also make someone a “prohibited person” if they are barred from owning a gun under state or local law, meaning citizens of places like New York and Chicago, who have to obtain licenses to own guns, would automatically become “prohibited persons.”

“Why do anti-gun senators and representatives continue to push language which they know is fatally flawed –- just so they can say they “broke the back of the gun lobby”? asks GOA, which is encouraging its members to contact their Senators and urge them to vote against S.54.

Despite the seemingly draconian nature of the bill, the New York Times recently described Leahy’s legislation as a “modest gun safety measure.”

The Senate Judiciary Committee yesterday postponed its work on gun control legislation in order to give senators more time to generate support for the bills, including Leahy’s legislation as well as California Senator Dianne Feinstein’s controversial assault weapons ban.

Paul Joseph Watson is the editor and writer for Infowars.com and Prison Planet.com. He is the author of Order Out Of Chaos. Watson is also a host for Infowars Nightly News.

This article was posted: Friday, March 1, 2013 at 11:18 am

Tags: constitution, gun rights

Tanvil; No matter your position on pot, (in which the gov brings into this country) you need to see where this is going.
Manditory piss testing as a 'pre-qualification' to own a gun.

See less See more
#2 ·
They will slowly chip away at gun owners until only the ruling class (read politicians and their financial backers) will be allowed to own/carry a gun. EVERYONE else is just a peasant, and has no right to own a firearm. The Police State will protect you little peasants!!!!! (if we feel like it. Muuahahaha -insert evil laugh here)

#3 ·
when is everyone going to have enough of this bull? i keep asking when this nightmare will end but i just dont think it will! thats why i said I TOOK AN OATHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i might be crippled but im thinking of sons and daughters and what we fought in ww2 but i think many has forgotten or just dont give a damn.i dont have the answers but i think something needs to be done soon if these attacks on the constitution and bill of rights doesnt stop and we as a nation get back on track as a united people, god bless the peace makers but if tyrancy rises up it most be put down!

#5 ·
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness,”

#6 ·
As far as I'm concerned, the Founding Fathers, and the Constitution give us the right to alter or abolish the current illegal government full of usurpers, including the muslim usurper-in-chief.

#8 ·
well why do you think everything today is a felony. cause if your ever in a felony case you lose your rights to own a firearm--

more back door gun control.

hell like if you convicted of a non-violent crime like tax evasion--there goes you rights --just like you shot a cop or used a firearm to rob a bank ---

your treated the same even though you were convicted of a technical crime.

something just ain't right about this if you ask me.

#11 ·
Is 18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (g)(3) already a law? If so, I wonder if all those people who voted to legalize pot in all the states knew they were cutting their throats when it came to guns. But hell, I was a child of the 60's, when you are on pot who needs anything else? LaLa Land is sooooooooo cooooool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.