Thread: Major firearms retailer fleeing from California to Texas

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Major firearms retailer fleeing from California to Texas

Major firearms retailer fleeing from California to Texas

A major California firearms retailer is packing its bags and getting “the heck out of Dodge” by moving to Texas.

John W. Harrington, who founded Shield Tactical in 2008, decided that California’s gun-control regulation is too restrictive for his business, Red Alert Politics reported. Mr. Harrington, originally from Texas, said it was “time to go home.”

“The state of California treats all businesses as necessary evils,” he said. “They treat those of us in the gun business as just evil. They make it very clear that they don’t want us there. It’s just that simple.”

Shield Tactical originally announced its plan to move on its Facebook page in late February, gaining more than 1,000 likes and shares. It said that its training division “will remain in CA until the legislature outlaws everything.”

“I’m not surprised at all,” Mr. Harrington said of the support his decision has received, much of which has come from his home state. “People of Texas — it’s hard to describe the spirit of Texans.”

He said the costs involved in relocating are “well worth it.”

Read more: Major firearms retailer fleeing from California to Texas - Washington Times
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

And Texas gains another refugee from Obama land. When are the rest of you going to wise up and move to one of the last few free zones left in Amerika?

Feedback Score

They didn't know in 2008 that California was a douche-bag place? They deserve to go out of business.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_02 View Post
    They didn't know in 2008 that California was a douche-bag place? They deserve to go out of business.
    Hunter
    Like all of us they hoped it would get better. Alas, it was too late. I spent some time in Cali, it is a really cool place, and I truly beleive most folks there are willing to give up their freedoms for a utopia of sorts.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i hate to say it but i never did like california much --i didn't know what a "tranny" was till a visit there--lets just say that before i thought it was a part of a automobile or tractor.

sort of an amusement park for all the wack-jobs in the US , and a few very, very wealthy people own everything out there. an insane asylum without walls, living in a chemical straight jacket.

it might have been a great place once --maybe back in 1955. today i wouldn't live there. i can think of a lot of third world countries that have a better lifestyle than the dope induced holly weird , left coast has to offer.

too weird for the internet--and that is freking weird--

Feedback Score

"Alas, it was too late"? Brother, it's been 'too late' since at least the '60s.
    If you jump into a sewer and hope it's going to smell like a petunia patch, you're a freakin tard.
    Any state that elects and re-elects a politician named 'Governor MoonBeam';
    Any state that keeps Tom Hayden in office for 30 years;
    Any state that elects a steroid-using foreigner as governor;
    That state deserves the worst that can happen to it.
    BUT THE REST OF US DON'T.
    Hunter

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.