Thread: Has 9mm price gone up?

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Default Has 9mm price gone up?

I just got an email from Sportsmans Guide. I placed an order so long ago that I forgot all about it. I got 1000 rounds of Brown Bear 9mm luger packed in two 50 cal. ammo cans for $200.00 with free shipping.
    Is that a decent price in todays market??

Thanks, Brad
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score

The two 50cal ammo cans knock at least $18 dollars off the price. 'Free shipping' is another 20 -30 off. So you got 1000 rounds for $150.00. That's $7.50 for a box of 50 rounds. 25 years ago I was paying $7.00 for a bag of 50 reloads. So I would say it's a decent price.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I think those 50 cal cans (surplus) are going for $20-30 each now, and figure in the free S&H.
    I'd say it's a good deal with todays prices
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I'm certainly jealous. Right now it costs me 13 cents a round to reload 9mm when I can get components.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Not only have they gone up, Bradrock,,but,,,, have you tried to find any lately??? "forgetaboutit"!!!

Just about all I've seen available around here is the $40+ a box stuff,,, and ,Not Much,, of that either. I saw 9mm PPC fmj at one local shop for 29.95 per box,,and they were changing the prices while I was there to 32.95 per box,,, I was buying that <6 months ago for $11.99 a box, delivered,, quite a change!! Wolf used to be $9.99 a box,,,just try to find it at all now! None to be had,, anywhere.

Well except here, I planned ahead!! 10k on stock,,,, YA Baby!!! Think I'll go out back and dance some,, desperado,, tin cans around the South 40 today! Trigger finger's getting itchy and the Bersa needs some more "breaking in".

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

just before the panic i got 1000 rounds of S&B 124 grain 9mm for $112 free shipping and a $15 gift card code too--so that would be $224 - $15 so it came to $209 at my door with two brand new 50 cans--

the brown bear was $79.50 for 500rds at that time --so yea you got a good deal --

hell i got to where i like BOing stuff from the guide --they still honor all the discount codes good at the time you order --even in they have been expired months by the time they finally ship.

hell being a member and ordering of their "canada" site like black blade suggested -- i have got tins of 5.45 for $125 shipped-- that is till they ran out.

i still got a couple tine on BO --all most like the good old days of $0.12 a round--

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I've talked to a couple guys from Century Arms I've been doing business with for years,, and they both say that it may be as long as 6 months before they get,, there,, ammo orders filled to any "normal stock levels", if by then!! Someone else from Bob's told me pretty much the same thing. Don't sound good.

Ammo might be hard to come by for quite some time by the looks, hard telling. There's not 2-3 days that go by,, that I don't go out and shoot at least ,,something ,,from the "toy box". So I got to be more thrifty now, at least for a bit till things calm down. I'll have to keep my shooting down to just hunting I guess, I only shoot 2-3 rounds a day that way. And once a week for regular practice/tweaking of loads /sight-ins.

Tighten your belts! Especially your "belt feds"

Firearms Accumulator Carbine Coyote's Avatar
    Feedback Score

I'm lucky if I get one shot off during hunting season.

Stopped handloading when I could buy Blazer or S & B 9mm for $5/box from Natchez Shooters Supply. Started up the press again recently.

Just noticed that when 4-pay is selected, SG actually spreads the payments across 4 weeks instead of 4 months.
    Last edited by Carbine Coyote; 03-08-2013 at 09:05 PM. Reason: More info

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

That's one shot per critter!!! CC That's all ya need, most of the time, but I hunt Yoties, chucks, squirrels, and varmints in general, so I get quite a few shooting opportunity's in a day when different seasons are on.

But I have to be more careful now days,, houses sprouting up all over around here now. I love hunting red squirrels, there great practice for hunting and test you shooting skills to the limit sometimes. Especially at 75-100 yards with a 22,, great fun.

Ya the days of 5 buck a box Blazer, is gone, and I've always done a bunch of reloading myself too, I like my loads anyways,, they perform much better than factory rounds ,, by a mile. But to spendy and time consuming for practice ammo. But even for practice the "cheap ammo" is,, EXPENSIVE now!! IF you can find it! I'm not going to have issues for quite some time, I saw this coming and stocked up well before the price jumps and panic.

Good damn thing too,, by what I see on the shelf and on line,,, or don't see,, for that matter!!!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.