Thread: TRIGGER-HAPPY COPS ON DOG-SHOOTING SPREE

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default TRIGGER-HAPPY COPS ON DOG-SHOOTING SPREE

TRIGGER-HAPPY COPS ON DOG-SHOOTING SPREE

wnd.com / By Garth Kant / March 5, 2013

Many people consider dogs to be part of the family, and citizens in Colorado are tired of police shooting those family members.

It has happened at least a half-dozen times in the past five years, and now lawmakers have had enough.

Two Colorado state senators plan to introduce a bill requiring police departments to adopt policies and procedures for dealing with dogs.

Sens. Lucia Guzman, a Denver Democrat, and David Balmer, a Centennial Republican, say they want officers to distinguish between a barking dog and a dangerous dog.

Balmer says, “Landscaping companies, delivery companies – they deal with dogs all the time, and they don’t shoot dogs.”

The bill would require officers to take a two-hour training course and a one-hour refresher course every year. The legislation would allow pet owners to handle the pet before officers take action. It also includes exceptions for using force, when the dog is dangerous or there is a violent crime.

The bill was sparked by a series of dog shootings by police that caused public outrage.

READ MORE

Black Blade: Fair warning to Cops - shoot my dog I shoot you. Simple fact.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

It needs to be made a Federal Law for gubermint agencies.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

So what are the penalties for shooting an unaggressive dog? Training is all fine and good, but unless someone contemplating shooting a harmless pet has some consequences to worry about where is the incentive to not pull the trigger?

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

My buddy that owns Hellbox armory is a big dog advocate. He is working with others in colorado to have it made a felony. They are getting BIG pushback from the FOP who think police officers can do no wrong. After all it is just a dog they say.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score

just a dog,,, hmmm. just hurt a police k-9 and say just a dog.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by perry View Post
    just a dog,,, hmmm. just hurt a police k-9 and say just a dog.
    So true!!

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

The bastards kill your dog and say 'you can get a new dog'.

If you shoot my dog, you're wife can get a new husband cause you ain't goin' home.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tanvil View Post
    The bastards kill your dog and say 'you can get a new dog'.

If you shoot my dog, you're wife can get a new husband cause you ain't goin' home.

That's what I'm sayin!! My dog is a member of the family, not just a "pet". He has been a faithful companion throughout some of my darkest days, and I would lay down my life for him, as I know he would for me.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

I told my wife that if they come for guns, her 1st job is to get our dog into her crate. They would kill her for sure, because she would never tolerate a forced entry. This "just a dog" saved our lives by insisting I get up and follow her to the kitchen. Apparently my wife had bumped a knob on the stove while cleaning and a stove burner was on, but not lit.
    Woe be unto those who would hurt her!

Feedback Score

a dump truck full of dogshit dumped in their yard is what they deserve.
    and then take them to the tattoo shop and and get them some DOGKILLER tats on their foreheads.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.