Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Line at the Gun Show is a Mile Long in San Diego (Del Mar)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default The Line at the Gun Show is a Mile Long in San Diego (Del Mar)

The Line at the Gun Show is a Mile Long in San Diego (Del Mar) 3-9-2013

!

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

The line to get into the Del Mar Gun Show in San Diego, California goes on forever.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I didn't even think they had a gun show in KOMIFORNIA?
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MUSIBIKE View Post
    I didn't even think they had a gun show in KOMIFORNIA?
    Half were cops and feds!

Feedback Score

They have huge gun shows there which makes no sense to me.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

jrs
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Abukai08 View Post
    They have huge gun shows there which makes no sense to me.
    Not really. If you think about it the opportunities for a f[g]un show are few and far between compared to other states. So when one occurs it is huge and people travel hundreds of miles to attend.
    jrs
    --
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.", Will Durant

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.", Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

I was there. Left the house at 1000. Drove 12 miles, 1.5 hrs waiting at the ramp to partk. Spent 1hr 15 minutes in line to get in (I bought my ticket online. there was a separate line to buy a ticket, then get in the line i was in.) Ever been to an amusement park, with zig-zagging lines a mile long, and signs that say "45 minute wait from this point"? The line to buy "Wholesale" ammo and reloading supplies was as long as the line to get in. hundreds of people waiting. First time i have ever seen 'event staff' literally blocking people until it was their turn to approach the counter and make a purchase. I speed walked through the main show-floor,

Lots of this kind of diaogue:
    Me: "How much for this 10rd Springfield XD mag?"
    vendor: "those are $69.99".
    Me: Puking noises

Me: "How much for this PMAG rebuild kit?"
    Vendor: "Rebuild kits are $70 even. We have blocked off 10 rounders for $60."
    Me: uncontrollable wretching noises

Me: "This stock del-ton .223 upper with standard handguards, no BCG, no charging handle is really $600?"
    Vendor: "yes. its my last one, sold the others already today"
    Me: .........Good for you.

I spent almost 2 hours waiting to park, another hour plus waiting in line behind some crackhead smoking an e-cigarrete and scratching his neck non-stop having a conversation with a yuppy-looking couple about how much ammo they thinkt hey would need to survive a 'survival situation'. spent right about 1 hour speed-walking around tables, double wide strollers, roving packs of what resembled cartel gangs, and people hauling out cases of overpriced ammunition on hand trucks/dollies.

Oh and the droves of people saying "I have never seen it this bad before..back in my day they gave out free tickets just to get people to attend".

Tally:
    $10 to park
    $15 for a ticket
    4 hours of my time. Each time it gets worse, and each time i keep saying "You know, next time, im nto going to bother going". I think i might adhere to that for next time.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by jrs View Post
    Not really. If you think about it the opportunities for a f[g]un show are few and far between compared to other states. So when one occurs it is huge and people travel hundreds of miles to attend.

Yeah I grew up in Orange County and used to go to the one at the Fairgrounds and i would get winded walking around that place it was so big. I have been to one out in Del Mar too and it was sizeable. I think it's just comparing to where I am at now. in South Florida we have small ones, but they are quite often.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score

Back in the early 80's I went to a gun show at the Cowpalace in San Francisco. It was great, I loved it, every thing from 16th century cannons to the newest Lasers sighting systems. I even think there were military recruiters there. It sad to say but now the state is a basket case with about as much hope as a Haiti refugee.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and goverment, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so that the second will not become the legal version of the first" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score

I am Glad I did not go I even herd that there was a limit on Ammo. I went there years ago for the Delmar fair and waited for ever to park.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

forget the line what struck me was the facial recognision system in place ? for buying lawful products, they are going to scan your face

I have not been to a BIg fun show in over a year, just a few very small collector ones

I think one could get a better deal online, don't get me wrong I love the shows and have sins the late 70's, they are no longer for saving buck they are for stealing your bucks
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.