Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Only in Md.- Woman Cited for Driving 63 in a 65 MPH Zone

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink View Post
    Maybe your state law is different, but around here there is only one speed limit sign for both lanes. I know, because I got a ticket once for doing 6 MPH over the limit, in the left lane while passing.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

In FL, unless you are passing, it is illegal to cruise in the left lane. At least as far as I know it is.
    Semper Fortis, Paratus Et Potens, Non Sibi, Sed Patriae.

Feedback Score

They rarely enforce speeding on 95, and 495. In fact, in the early rush hour, you need to be doing at least 75 otherwise you will cause an accident. I hope the other MD square peg drivers learn from this

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

In FL, unless you are passing, it is illegal to cruise in the left lane. At least as far as I know it is.
    That's the law in PA too, but they don't enforce it. And I'm sure if you get a copy of a state driving manual (any state) it's in there.

Maybe your state law is different, but around here there is only one speed limit sign for both lanes.
    Same here

People in PA are the worst at sitting in the fast lane and going slow (I know, I live there).
    I guess you don't go to Maryland or Delaware much, I see that happening there more then in PA, most people that do that in PA are from other states.

I95 and beltway traffic gets to cruising between 65-70 mph.
    Ha, everytime I "crusie" either the Balt or DC beltway at 70 there's a shit load of people still passing me with ease.
    Hell I go to & from work on route 30 (a 55mph highway) at 65-70 and I get in peoples way
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

They need to enforce that here in NH!!!
    I hate slow assholes in the fast lane that feel the need to hold the world up.
    I'm not someone that generally speeds either.
    If someone wants to pass me I let them by, no matter how "fine" my speed seems to be for me at the time.

The street that I live on is 40mph, with a stoplight every 100-200 Yds.
    It's 5 miles long.
    If you go 40mph you will have to stop 4-6 times for red lights by the time you get to the Ma border taking maybe 10 minutes.
    If you get stuck behind some road slugs that go 30mph you will hit every light, (I think it's 12 lights) & the trip will take 20+ minutes.
    It Pisses me off to no end!

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Most states have a law in one form or another, although it's rarely enforced. Some are "slower traffic keep right", and some are "passing only in the left lane", or some variation. IMHO, people blocking the left lane is one of the primary causes of accidents on the Interstates. I have done, and regularly see others take crazy chances to get around someone who is blocking the left lane. It's my number ONE pet peeve in life. People get enclosed inside two tons of steel, rubber and glass, and they forget civility, and common courtesy. They do things in a car that they would never do face to face in a grocery store. Little old lady is so sweet in the store, yet she'll give you the finger if you get too close to her while trying to give her the hint to get out of the left lane on I-85 or I-95. I admit I am an agressive driver, who drives faster than I should or need to, but I am also very courteous. I am always looking 5 steps ahead, reading traffic, and deciding on my move, and routinely make my move to help another driver, who most of the time is too oblivious to even know that he is going to need that break in a couple seconds. Conversely, if you intentionally try to screw me, I can be quite "agressive". LOL. If the slow people would just stay out of the Left lane, (like the German Autobahn) we could all just get along. And I don't care if you're doing 100 miles an hour. If someone comes up behind you doing 110, you need to get out of the way.

Georgia is in the process of trying to pass a "left lane lurker" law, because they FINALLY see it as a safety issue, as well as a traffic flow issue. I've been advocating a Public Service campaign about this for YEARS. Now finally someone is going to do it!! Maybe S.C. will join in.LOL.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Give this a try:

State "keep right" laws
    If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy - Red Green

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Cool list Tardis. Thanks for posting that.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink View Post
    Maybe your state law is different, but around here there is only one speed limit sign for both lanes. I know, because I got a ticket once for doing 6 MPH over the limit, in the left lane while passing.
    Same here, but you will get run over in the passing lane if you are not doing 80. It usually takes above 82 to get puled over.

I think the limit in Ohio is about 73 in a 65. That highway patrol man did not like me going 78. I slowed to 73, and he finally passed me. I thought I was getting the lights for sure. I am sure my Michigan plate did not help much.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by tardis42 View Post
    Give this a try:

State "keep right" laws
    I looked at your list, and they call Michigan wierd. I thought that was a funny explanation.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.