Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ham Radio

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kamf181 View Post
    Man you guys had it made, air-conditioned trailers, nobody knew what you were doing so the lifers left you alone, sure wish I knew what a cool mos that was when I was at Polk.
    Lol!
    I wish I had it that easy,was in the Infantry and no shelters for us except a gp medium,and a foxhole
    Still was fun though.
    Keep the change-I just want my Country back!!!

Feedback Score

Default Boonie rat brothers

Quote Originally Posted by zteknik View Post
    Lol!
    I wish I had it that easy,was in the Infantry and no shelters for us except a gp medium,and a foxhole
    Still was fun though.
    Another 11 Bravo, it was a better world then, did you go to TigerLand?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Another 11 Bravo, it was a better world then, did you go to TigerLand?
    Never went
    Ah yes simpler times..
    Keep the change-I just want my Country back!!!

Feedback Score

Default Looking for PRC-77 or PRC-25

Wondering if there are any of the PRC-77's or PRC-25's still floating around, thanks KF5UVC

Feedback Score

Default PRC-77 PRC-25

A friend of mine has a few, all working. they're still around, the 77s are pricy though. Here's a pic of his display.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ham Radio-rally-2011-5.jpg  

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy - Red Green

Feedback Score

That's an impressive setup, I'm also looking for a S-280 com shelter the one that fits in the back of a M-35, what part of the world are you guys in? Most of the stuff we see nowdays is coming out of Israel and a 77 with a good battery seems to be running around 1K.

Feedback Score

We're in central FL, if you look in the background you can just see on the left a Mighty Mite jeep and on the right is a M-37 with a S-122 comm box on it, all the stuff in there works too, just no KW-7, yet.
    If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy - Red Green

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Man you guys had it made, air-conditioned trailers, nobody knew what you were doing so the lifers left you alone, sure wish I knew what a cool mos that was when I was at Polk.
    My first six years in the Army I was a 26Q. Tactical microwave satillite systems operator. Real geek stuff. Then I transferred to the Infantry for 2 yrs. Ft. Polk. Worlds apart!
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

I did basic there and then went to North Fort for AIT, because I was going to Benning they made us go thru TigerLand, it was really something in 73 staffed mostly with lifers coming out of Nam trying to get their 20 in. What would make you want to transfer out of Signal to the Infantry? In the old Army, Signal and Transport were the last of the gravy train.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I always envied the grunts who transferred to signal. I wanted to be part of that. I did alright in the infantry. But it sure wasnt a cake walk. Also, my signal years were in the National Guard, where I worked my way up to E-5, and when I went into the Regular army, I lost that rank and went down to E-2, as they dont count NG rank, exept as prior service, unless you go into the same MOS. So there I was, getting chewed out by corporals and spec 4's, when I was the one doing the ass chewing just a short time before. I eventually worked my way back up to spec 4. I hope they dont do it that way anymore, as alot of NG soldiers have served in combat zones with their units,and to lose their rank if they decide to go full time to a different MOS would be f'd up. Back on topic, my dad used to be into HAM radio. I wonder if he still has his old set. I think I may go ask him.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.