Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ham Radio

Feedback Score

Default Ham Radio

Since the panic I've finally got around to working on my shack and I wonder how many other guys are also into Ham Radio? It seems since the election that the radio equipment is also being bought up and there's more interest than before. I know I like to hear from real people around the country about what's going on without it being filtered through ABC, NBC and CBS.

Feedback Score

Got a shortwave. Ham would be nice. Was wondering how to communicate if the Internet goes tits up.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

General class here, working on my Extra.
    An interesting observation I have made, if based only on personal contacts, is that almost every ham I have had contact with is a gun guy and fairly conservative.

Feedback Score

Default Ham radio

Quote Originally Posted by Will Wayde View Post
    Got a shortwave. Ham would be nice. Was wondering how to communicate if the Internet goes tits up.
    Makes you wonder how long before they find some way to censor or shut it down if they don't want the truth to get out.

Feedback Score

Default Ham operators

Quote Originally Posted by zoom6zoom View Post
    An interesting observation I have made, if based only on personal contacts, is that almost every ham I have had contact with is a gun guy and fairly conservative.
    I agree and most are really good guys who help out in emergencies and around here in North Texas that happens alot here in tornado alley. You know It also made me think whenever there's a food drive, blood drive, toys for tots, vol. fire dept. fish frys and other events, you mostly see the conservative folks, it would be nice to see the libs turn out for something other than gay marriage and ending gun ownership for once.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

ZBK1

I was a commo chief back when I was in the Army and played a lot with Ham.Never did get my tag then,but now with all the crazzieness I'm working on it.
    Seems like the best way to go to get the real scoop on things instead of the fluff and propaganda the MSM is putting out.
    Keep the change-I just want my Country back!!!

Feedback Score

Red face

Technician class here. I know just enough to get by.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by zoom6zoom View Post

That is probably because they are smart.

Feedback Score

Suggest you keep your radio electronics in a Faraday cage disconnected from the antenna when you are not using it, to protect it from a nork or somebody's potential EMP blast.

Feedback Score

Wink Signal guys had it made in our Division

Quote Originally Posted by zteknik View Post
    ZBK1

I was a commo chief back when I was in the Army and played a lot with Ham.Never did get my tag then,but now with all the crazzieness I'm working on it.
    Seems like the best way to go to get the real scoop on things instead of the fluff and propaganda the MSM is putting out.
    Man you guys had it made, air-conditioned trailers, nobody knew what you were doing so the lifers left you alone, sure wish I knew what a cool mos that was when I was at Polk.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.