Thread: Are the days of " plinking" over??

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Default Are the days of " plinking" over??

I'd kind of like to buy one of the AK slide fire stocks. SPG has them for $260.00. I could use a coupon plus get free shipping.
    Problem is that I'm down to my last three cases of ammo. For these I paid $75.00 a piece and free shipping. That's the most I've ever paid for 7.62 x 39.
    When ammo once again becomes available & it's $250.00 or so for a case. That's way too much for just blasting away for me.
    I'm also about done with a 1919 build for which I have a Emory Crankfire unit. I'm afraid .308 will also be way too high for blasting fun. At least for a poor boy like myself.

Have the gun grabbers allready won, when it comes to plinking fun???

What will be the new " reasonable" prices on common ammo??
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

The problem is the panic'ers who are paying the high prices, as long as they keep buying at the high prices the market is going to stay there. With this peak though, I think it will be a little while before the prices come back down
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Friggin crazy people are paying .15 cents a round for 22LR. Still living off the 308 surplus bought around 2000 when decent surplus Austrian/Portuguese/German was .17 cents a round and in sometimes even cheaper like the Bulgarian or Chinese (spook ammo Brit headstamp) corrosive for less than .10 cents. The last cheap ammo purchased was the 7n6 @ less than .13 cents from SPG using the double discount membership and free shipping trick heard about on one of the forums ordered a week before Sandy Hook. Other than some reloading supplies haven't bought any loaded, ammo since the BUM took office in 2008. Had a lot of friends and coworkers call me crazy but a few that have helped me are worth a couple hundred rounds or primers for past favors.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

the islamist are winning. their goal is to have 33% ++ of the population by 2020.

to me it looks like their going to get there.

you know i don't know how much of an ease up on the prices were going to see, when or even IF there is going to be much relief--

we might catch a small break in the ammo situation this summer--but that is a big "might" right now.

it ain't like the clinton years when at least you could see a little light at the end of the tunnel.

today --my crystal ball and magic 8 ball are saying "no end in sight", can your food!

the bad thing about the Obamma administration most of the BS their doing to fu$k the country can not be undone.

my thinking is there ain't gonna be any cheap ammo any time in the for see able future and there is going to be VERY limited quantities to be sold.

ammo is going to be expensive and hard to find for at least the next 4 years. i expect it to be even more scarce later as were going to see some unrest and uncertainty for even longer.

today ain't the time to be burning up ammo for just giggles.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Yeah unfortunately I'm being very cautious about how much training/testing ammo that I use. I don't want to be in a situation where the zombie hords and blue helmets are in the front yard, and I'm low on ammo.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Just like with gas prices. Starts at $3.00, goes up to $3.50, holy hell thats expensive! goes down to $3.25, ahh thats cheaper. Goes back up, this time to $3.75. When it comes down to $3.50, its cheaper than $3.75, but still more than it was.... Then they jack it up to $4.50 in a day or two, and we sigh with relief as we watch its slow decline, .01 or .02 cents at a time, to a nice cheap price of $4.10....ridiculous.

Im reading the "299 days" books right now. on Book #4, I think thats all there is right now?? But its pegging the current situation almost to a "T". Pretty scary.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

"Slide fire plinking" is probably a thing of the past for most. I shoot as often as the urge strikes still,, but more in moderation now. My son hasn't mastered that moderation part yet,, he'd burn through every round I have,,,,if you gave him half a chance!!! Kids!! He loves to shoot too,, to bad he hasn't figured out the replacing what you shoot up part yet!!!! I bet he'd be way more thrifty about round count if he did !!

Every week used to be a 300-500 round week on a slow week,, but I have cut my shooting way down now, too,, at least somewhat. Some weeks I don't shoot at all others, only a couple hundred rounds or so now days.

I bought plenty before all the nonsense hit and have plenty of reloading supply's, so I'll be good for at least my life time. Damn good thing too,,, Good Lord your damn lucky to be able to find rifle ammo of any type for less than $1 a round now, it seems, if you can find it at all ! That's just CRAZY!!!!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

same here go to the range when i want, never much of a bang bang guy anyway, I have been doing a lot of test firing lately, but I have been stocking up long before the incident in December and when bargins do come up, i go for it cause it is only going to go higher don't really see it coming down. I saw some 22lr yesterday for 7cents round, I missed that deal by a few minutes and thats all it really takes. i did pay more than that for mini mags for the wife, that walther p-22 of hers, just doesn't like cheap 22lr, it was the first i saw it for sale in well over a month
    5.45 was in yesterday, few distrubtors had it, it was gone in 4 hours all of it?? and it was not cheap like the SG special
    wtf
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I buy my ammo at the range now. I overpay for it but I keep the stockpile I have stagnant. I pretty much only shoot 9mm and .22 now. When reloading supplies are in stock, I reload. I think it'll come down eventually, but it'll be awhile before they catch up. I've had .223 on backorder with SG since November.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Trips out to the range are on hold for the time being. Stock pile will need to stay intact.
    M U S I B I K E

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.