Gunco Forums banner

Ammo stolen - please help - lawyers?

3K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  4thIDvet 
#1 ·
I had a backorder placed with Basspro.com for some .223 and 9mm ammunition. Everything was fine for two months. I called to check on the order status periodically. I called them a few days ago and was told that it should be filling any day. I checked my order status online today and the order was deleted.

I called basspro and the first woman I spoke to told me the ammunition was no longer being manufactured and therefore could not get it. After I hung up I thought it was strange that two different manufacturers would stop producing their product on the same day.

I called back and spoke with a second lady. She told me that in fact that was not true and that they changed their policy to in-store only. I explained that they should still honor my order since I placed it before they changed their rules. She apologized and you can imagine what she said (demand etc.) I also spoke with a woman in customer service who told me the exact same thing. There was nothing they could do for me.

Basically what I see here is my ammo was ready to ship and they decided to divert it to customers at their stores. Is there anything I can do? There might be some ammo in it for you. Thank you...

#3 ·
They never charged my credit card in the first place. They had the card info though. I would think they should honor their previous orders. Also what really sucks is I found several other good deals in January and February that I didn't buy because I thought this order was good.

did they refund your money ?

If so I doubt there is much you can do.

#4 ·
So they did not charge your card, you were never out of any money, how was the ammo stolen? Lawyers? You are out nothing but some time, as far as I see you have no recourse, no remedy. Chaulk it up to a bad experience and move on.

#6 ·
They didn't steal anything. It is a company changing its policy which it has ever right to do. Since they never charged your card just consider yourself a disgruntled customer. That's what they risk when they up and change a policy like that and leave you in the dirt. Just don't do business with them anymore and next time do business with a company that doesn't sell ammo and BBQ equipment in the same place. Sorry to hear about it though I know I would be pissed off just cut your losses and look at ammo distributors. The normally honor their deals.

#7 ·
Well, I'm new to this forum. I posted in the "general" area where it states: "This is gun board where general discussion is welcome."

My post is definitely general discussion. If I posted it in "product reviews" or some other sort I would see your point.

I decided to post here because at least I know you're talking with like-minded people who aren't afraid of guns or ammo. If you had any idea what kinda deal I thought I locked in on you would understand. Thanks for making a new guy feel welcome!

#9 ·
I had a simular experence with a well known parts supplier, I kept getting put off and put off I was told several difrrent times that my order was being being shipped , this happpened several times, Finally I said the hell with them if they cant tell the truth I dont need them. And I have pruchased from them for several years. But these days it is what it is, I'll tell you right where to place the blame,,, its the anti gun nuts that work in washington dc. that has the whole industry turned upside down. Other wise things would run nice and somewhat smooth and otherwise normal. YIOu were lucky you didnt get charged and you didnt loose any money. \Like it was preveiously stated its a policy change, and again it reverts back to those who are in public office who is making it hard for us all. ....Doc

#11 ·
Welcome to the forum. Ammo prices will drop... I hate it when they pull that crap..
Call them everyday and place an order, be one number off on your credit card. When they call you back "I did not order that." Talk Chinese too them, even if you do not speak Chinese..
Go too the fishing rod section and bend their poles till they saanaap.. Just testing..
Report suspicious activity.. FEDS will be crawling in the place..
Order catalogs for the whole city..
I hate it when they do that.. Frig em..

#21 ·
I don't know about them selling it for more in stores. The lady said the prive hasn't gone up. I think the issue was I had ordered more then the 10 box limit they now have. I do have a $50 rewards credit from them and might have to do business with them one more time to get a nice Eotech at a $50 break. Hopefully they don't change their policy and eliminate my $50 credit.

#13 ·
Cheaper than Dirt did the same thing to us on ammo and mags. like the other guys said not much you can do, call the BBB- not much help- no results, Texas has a Deceptive Trade Practices law, but you have to sue them to collect- it does provide for triple damages. I like to think what goes around comes around, when this is over and all the panic buyers start dumping everything they bought and the guys trying to make a quick buck by flipping it. there will be some great deals out there.

#16 ·
Bingo Tommo....

Conspiracy theory???? Maybe... But Nappie and Sorryoss have the money..
The thought has crossed my mind?????????.
Sling shots, bow and arrows, let your imagination run wild???
Really think you nailed it Bro.. Let the conspiracy theorists persist?????
Not us, fun forum members. But the new people looking to defend themselves from this insane friggen Govt..
Yupper, think you nailed it.. Sorryoyos, killer of Hungarian Jews WWII, has enough money to bury us...
Good luck, hang in their.... :welcome:

Jew-Killer Soros Dumps Stocks And Buys $130 Million In Gold\
Jew-Killer Soros Dumps Stocks And Buys $130 Million In Gold Pat Dollard

Want more links??? Ask..

#18 ·
I sure hope ammo comes back in June. Both the 9mm and .223 were JHP and when I ordered it they said it wouldn't be in late May - so hopefully there will be a large supply coming late May or June. The good news (maybe) is I got the customer service lady to agree to sell me the ammo, if it comes back in stock, at the price I originally purchased it for. This "agreement" is good until the end of the year. Unfortunately they'll probably limit the amount you can order so you're not saving much since you have to pay for shipping on every 5 or 10 boxes.

#22 ·
Chase Bank appeared to be having technical difficulties Monday night when customers logged into their accounts and saw their balance at $0 or were unable to get any access to them at all.
A spokesman for the bank said that the issue was strictly an internal technical issue and customers’ accounts were not in danger.
“The problems are an issue with the checking account portion of chase.com, nothing to do with mortgage or credit banking. We have a technology problem regarding customers balance information that we are working to resolve,” the spokesman to CBS News. “It has nothing to do with cyber threats or hacks. It is an internal issue. We are very sorry to our customers for the inconvenience.”
The company also tweeted from @ChaseSupport: “We’re looking into reported trans. issues & working to correct an internal issue to show customer balances. We’ll keep you updated.”
Chase Banking Customers Reporting $0 Balances on Online Accounts! | SilverDoctors.com

When you deposit your savings, banks do not walk in the vault and heave it in. Car loans, business loans, mortgage broker loans, etc.. Your money is out their in cyber-land.. It is on paper, I do not trust I.O.U.s. I do not trust banks.
Gold. One could debate all day.. You can not eat gold or silver..
29', 30' depression sure..
Today. "I have this nice chunk of gold I would like to trade for. Holy sheeet, what kind of gun is that?" :scared:

GET ALL YOUR MONEY OUT OF THE BANKING SYSTEM NOW AND BUY SILVER BEFORE IT’S LIKE BASSPRO OUTLET…NO BULLETS TO BE FOUND. GAME OVER!
Chase Banking Customers Reporting $0 Balances on Online Accounts! | SilverDoctors.com

Ironcic they mention Basspro mpls333.

#24 ·
If you see the government gobbling up 7.62, 5.45 and other Warsaw ammunition, then you know they are trying to deplete the market. Also, what about that stupid UN arms treaty that ole Heinz medal tosser is endorsing? Would that stop the Tula, Monarch, Wolf, and Warsaw surplus from being imported? Talk about doom and gloom for us Kalashnikov fanatics.

#26 ·
Possible STGUSN.. Keep in mind if true.. Nappy is screwing you guys in the Military royally, cutting the budget too bare bones..
Conspiracy theory? Maybe.. Either way that is our tax money they are using..
Would imagine illegal if they are, but they are above the law.. Just us sheep have to obey..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.