Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ammo stolen - please help - lawyers?

Feedback Score

Default Ammo stolen - please help - lawyers?

I had a backorder placed with Basspro.com for some .223 and 9mm ammunition. Everything was fine for two months. I called to check on the order status periodically. I called them a few days ago and was told that it should be filling any day. I checked my order status online today and the order was deleted.

I called basspro and the first woman I spoke to told me the ammunition was no longer being manufactured and therefore could not get it. After I hung up I thought it was strange that two different manufacturers would stop producing their product on the same day.

I called back and spoke with a second lady. She told me that in fact that was not true and that they changed their policy to in-store only. I explained that they should still honor my order since I placed it before they changed their rules. She apologized and you can imagine what she said (demand etc.) I also spoke with a woman in customer service who told me the exact same thing. There was nothing they could do for me.

Basically what I see here is my ammo was ready to ship and they decided to divert it to customers at their stores. Is there anything I can do? There might be some ammo in it for you. Thank you...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

did they refund your money ?

If so I doubt there is much you can do.

Feedback Score

They never charged my credit card in the first place. They had the card info though. I would think they should honor their previous orders. Also what really sucks is I found several other good deals in January and February that I didn't buy because I thought this order was good.

Quote Originally Posted by o.d. ak View Post
    did they refund your money ?

If so I doubt there is much you can do.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

So they did not charge your card, you were never out of any money, how was the ammo stolen? Lawyers? You are out nothing but some time, as far as I see you have no recourse, no remedy. Chaulk it up to a bad experience and move on.
    Nemo ME Impune Lacessit
    Manus sapiens potens est
    пиштоли не убиваат луѓе, тие само го прават тоа полесно

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

When did Gunco become the place to sign into to file grievances about deals gone bad?

Feedback Score

They didn't steal anything. It is a company changing its policy which it has ever right to do. Since they never charged your card just consider yourself a disgruntled customer. That's what they risk when they up and change a policy like that and leave you in the dirt. Just don't do business with them anymore and next time do business with a company that doesn't sell ammo and BBQ equipment in the same place. Sorry to hear about it though I know I would be pissed off just cut your losses and look at ammo distributors. The normally honor their deals.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score

Well, I'm new to this forum. I posted in the "general" area where it states: "This is gun board where general discussion is welcome."

My post is definitely general discussion. If I posted it in "product reviews" or some other sort I would see your point.

I decided to post here because at least I know you're talking with like-minded people who aren't afraid of guns or ammo. If you had any idea what kinda deal I thought I locked in on you would understand. Thanks for making a new guy feel welcome!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Same kind of thing happened to me on some AR15 mags.

This is the way business is these days.

Some times you get the elevator.

But, some times you get, the SHAFT!
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score

I had a simular experence with a well known parts supplier, I kept getting put off and put off I was told several difrrent times that my order was being being shipped , this happpened several times, Finally I said the hell with them if they cant tell the truth I dont need them. And I have pruchased from them for several years. But these days it is what it is, I'll tell you right where to place the blame,,, its the anti gun nuts that work in washington dc. that has the whole industry turned upside down. Other wise things would run nice and somewhat smooth and otherwise normal. YIOu were lucky you didnt get charged and you didnt loose any money. \Like it was preveiously stated its a policy change, and again it reverts back to those who are in public office who is making it hard for us all. ....Doc

Feedback Score

Yes dcholl - now that the federal AWB failed (for now) I guess they'll have to settle on regulating the ammo. This gives me some hope though that in the somewhat near future we'll be able to obtain ammo at less inflated prices again.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.