Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Another emergency food idea

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post

So if I like it I'll be in for one or two cases, hopefully you guys don't get in a rush to do the order.
    We'll allow ample time for anyone who is interested to get involved. I really hope this stuff is good. I've got a fair amount of pasta stored, it would be nice to have something to put on it. LOL
    If we are going to vacuum seal it anyway, we also have the option of buying it in bulk, which would save us even more.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I am glad this is working out, we should also extend this offer to our friends over at WG as they have good enough to include us in there offers
    I am in for a case or two if this stuff is good i will let you know when my small order comes in
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

WG members are always welcome, but I don't know what the WG policy is on posting outside GBs.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

ok I pm'd dutigaf we can post a group buy under a different catagory then group buy???

also i just receved my 6 boxes of tomato sauce, figures right after I had lunch, so I will cook up one packet for dinner tonight and let you all know how it taste and how easy it is to process ( make)

I will back after dinner
    Last edited by Sprat; 03-25-2013 at 09:20 PM.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

ok update, the product came in a plastic bag, in convient size boxes for storage repack in large zip lock ould last a longtime,

I prepared the sauce as directed, I served it with rigatoni, the taste was exceptable especially for camping, emergency foods, tasted better than I thought it would, not to acidic or watery
    I should add its not what my mother or aunts would make, but they don't freeze dry it and reconsituted it.
    I also ate the meal with no meat or sausage, this could also change the dynamic. I tried the spicy first , it was spicy enough that I did not need pepper flakes which i always use

I had two helpings so that is another indication and saved the leftovers for another meal maybe with sausage to see if it changes the favor

I think you will like it, not bad for just adding water, I would order a case if we did a group buy. it did remind me of Spatini ( circa 1960-70"s) instant sauce my mother would make when camping and long distance travelling

sprat the new food critic

Feedback Score

Sprat the new Gunco food critic, I tip my hat someone had to take the first step into the beyond.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and goverment, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so that the second will not become the legal version of the first" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

We are looking into putting a group buy together on this sauce. anyone interested, please respond in this thread.

http://www.gunco.net/forums/f113/fee...32/#post717074

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.