Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 300-gun arsenal seized from Long Island, NY, home

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default 300-gun arsenal seized from Long Island, NY, home

300-gun arsenal seized from Long Island, NY, home

NBCNewYork.com

Authorities displayed some of the guns seized from the home on Long Island.

By Greg Cergol, NBCNewYork.com

An arsenal of more than 300 guns, many of them illegal, has been seized from a Long Island home around the corner from a high school, and the homeowner was arrested, authorities said Thursday.

Jay Steiner, 66, was arrested in late January after an undercover Suffolk police officer visited his Centereach home.

Steiner has been charged with criminal possession of a weapon and is free on bail.

"Wow!" said one surprised neighbor. "That's a lot of guns. It's scary."

Police were acting on a tip from a gun owner who had taken his weapon to Steiner, said Suffolk District Attorney Thomas Spota.

"The guns were stored all throughout the house," said Spota, as he stood in front of a table filled with the seized weapons.

In all, 85 illegal handguns and 230 rifles and shotguns were found, as well as thousands of rounds of ammunition.

"He had more firepower than the detectives who arrested him," said Spota.

Investigators said Steiner had once held a federal gun license, permitting him to buy and sell weapons, but it expired in 2004.

Steiner maintained a business card, prosecutors said, displaying that expired license number.

Several calls to Steiner's lawyer, William Eppig of West Islip, were not returned.

It's unclear what the Centereach man was doing with all the guns.

The guns are being examined to determine whether any have been stolen or used in crimes.

Steiner had no pistol license for any of the handguns, according to Spota.

300-gun arsenal seized from Long Island, NY, home - U.S. News

Black Blade: That's about an "average" size collection. I have a few more myself and it's all legal in my free state. This is only a problem in a slave state like New York apparently. Also sucks he was ratted out by a fellow gunowner. I just don't understand why frepeople want to live in a communist territory.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

He should have known somebody was going to tell on him.

Feedback Score

those arent illegal guns. they are undocumented personal defense weapons. Wheres the political correctness in the media? jim

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mac View Post
    those arent illegal guns. they are undocumented personal defense weapons. Wheres the political correctness in the media? jim

+1!

did he commit or was convicted of a crime before? like a convict on parole or something? -- where is the criminal part of him of having guns in his home?

it there his guns and he is not involved in other criminal activity where is the crime of him having his guns in his home?

Feedback Score

They change the laws at whim, add tons of regulations, and now normal law-abiding people are illegal. At least his 32-ounce soda cups are safe, for now, or he'd be going to jail for that too. Ridiculous.

Feedback Score

The guys is being used as a scape goat he had a ffl he more than likely purchased his own stock and let his license go its a pain. the dumocruds are trying to make headlines,
    to further thier carreer. thats why hes out of jail and only the one charge ( lets hope they dont screw him over but then again thats ny politics) and to have any handgun in the state of NY requires a Permit to possess the exception used to be antiques and black powder cap & ball revolvers, unless you loaded them with ball or bullet then it has to be on your pernit. the only exception with pistol permits is on duty military and any sworn Peace officer in NY its called " buy on the badge, this may have changed but was in effect last time I was in NY,,,,Doc

Feedback Score

"Free men don't ask permission to bear arms" Thomas Jefferson.

He should leave the Communist Dictatorship in New York. In a city with extensive amounts of crime, drug trafficking, gang violence, murders, etc... They would focus so much effort on a guy who had guns after his FFL expired.

I like how they react to it though. "Sir, how dare you act as a free man in the United States. "
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

It blows me away when I hear how the media and the compliant sheeple react to someone who has an extensive gun collection. They freak out and act as though it's a crime to own weapons. Absolute insanity. Then they mention how close he lived to a school !!!! WTF has that got to do with anything?!?!?!?!? I swear I am getting so sick of all the Libtard nonsense.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

I jknow of a person who had a collection of over 1200 firearms, and he was never bothered, His wife and daughter has them now. I just hope they stay safe and dont get caught up in all this political BS on grabbing gunsThis insanity of the goverment trying to infringe on citizans rights has to stop I just had to warn my brother who still lives in ny not to leve his guns unattended for a week or longer, or else he can go bye -bye under cumos new rules, And You know what I cant wait until he gets caught doing something illegal I hope they nail him to the cross neather him or his father were any good as govenors in the state of NY, and whos next Bloomburg another idoit. they raise your taxes and take your rights ,,,where have I heard this before ???? oH yes when I was taught in school about the american revoloution. if this keeps up and not just in ny state but across the country, I can only see what I call the people of these United States will have had enough of morons such as these infringing on thier rights, and then will do something about it, and thier will be an awfil lot of unemployed politicans. and Im sorry but a gun grabbing politican without a job is what I call safety for the american people!....Doc

Feedback Score

And you have to love the money shot. They get all the guns together and take a picture so the Police can say "see i'm making a difference" Its kind of like when your dog bring in a dead bird as a gift for you. It's hilarious because they do that in Mexico all the time too. So,e police wearing masks posed next to a stockpile of guns just to try and convince people they are winning the fight on the cartels... Meanwhile 50,000 people have been killed in the last 10 years and the number grows every day.

Still trying to figure out what he did wrong. Ain't that a bitch though. We are such a free country we can be arrested for owning inatimate objects...
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.