Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: THE KIA SOUL

Feedback Score

Were it I and I was looking for the best small car and get the best gas mileage I would get a basic Toyota Corolla. 26 mpg on the KIa, 32 on the Toyota. Ride and handling is much better than the KIa and reliability is better. Cost is more but if you can swing it I think you will be better satisfied. Try both out and see.

Feedback Score

At 6000 miles a year fuel economy isn't too much of a concern. Purchase price would be a greater concern IMO.

I'd get something used and older. Craigslist is your friend there.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I did buy the Kia Soul.First I took it on a test drive on I-74 to see how it crused at 85. They were only offering me $500 trade on my truck so I said I'll keep my truck and give you the 500$ down.After I wolf down these five cheese coneys I need to go back with a driver to bring my Truck back home.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Good job Rails. I think you'll like it. Plus you can get a alot more than any $500 for your truck. The trans sells for more than that. Put it on Craigslist.

I bought a new van off there and drove the '99 to the j-yard. 321,000miles and they gave me $400.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thanks John.I think the truck has a couple coil packs shorting out and going bad.When it rains,truck acts like its running on 6 cylinders.It has the bulldog 5.4lrV8 in it.I'll just park the F-150 next to the house and have the coil pks replaced later.The Soul has the bigger 2.0lr engine rated at 165hp.She's a runner.I've grown rather large since I took sick and after my x employer closed the Co down.These Kia Soul cars have lots of elbow room.
    Last edited by railbuggy; 03-24-2013 at 12:23 AM.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

"My old 98 F-150 is getting long in the tooth like me.233000 miles on her,but a hit&run driver took out my driver side door back in Dec."

Damn Rails, that F-150 was just getting broken in.. Ah hell you don't need a drivers side door, just wear your seat belt.. Put the heater on full, you should be fine..
    Good luck with the new rig, congratulations..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Yep, you're good for another 100k on that Triton. Most auto parts stores will plug the portable code reader in for you and tell you which coil is bad. Some are a real bitch to get to though. Number 4 in the van took damn near all day. A pick-up might be easier.

Or just sell it as is and cruise in the new one.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thanks for the tip.There is a AUTO ZONE store about a one minute drive from my place.
    I had my sparkplugs changed about 20K miles ago and the guy said one plug showed some oil burning.It was needing a quart about every 3 months or 2000 miles.I am for sure going to keep the F-150 running and hold on to her.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

hell keep the old ford truck. you never know when you'll get the urge to mount a ma-duce in the bed!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Rails..

Rails yes what tanvil is saying.. Have it checked.. Might be a simple fix..
    Hell I can not change a spark plug without screwing something up.. But hell, down here, most everywhere.. Their are guys take the engine apart, have it running in the afternoon..
    Today's vehicles are made to last a million miles with proper care and maintenance..
    Remember Granny here, 1,000,000 miles and she aint giving her rig up...

A Maine manís 1990 Honda Accord has topped 1 million miles Ė a first for the Japanese carmakerís famous model, according to the Portland Press Herald. Honda honored owner Joe LoCicero, 53, from the town of Norway, with a surprise party in Saco Oct. 23 and gave him a new 2012 Accord.
    Read more: Maine Man’s Car Logs One Million Miles, Equivalent to Driving Around Earth 40 Times | TIME.com

Million-Mile Club: The World's Longest-Lived Cars - Popular Mechanics
    3,000,000 miles on this one..
    Last edited by 4thIDvet; 04-23-2013 at 03:24 AM.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.