Thread: Comcast Bans Gun and Ammo Ads

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Comcast Bans Gun and Ammo Ads

Comcast Bans Gun and Ammo Ads

Nation's largest cable company joins Time Warner in refusing weapons ads

Image: AP

Comcast Cable, the nation's largest cable company, has announced it will refuse ads for firearms and ammunition.

Comcast has run gun ads for decades, reports USA Today. The cable company changed course after buying NBCUniversal, a media company that has a long-standing ban on gun, ammunition, and firework ads.

Time Warner Cable and Cox Communications, Comcast's major competitors, also have bans on gun ads. After the Newtown massacre, Time Warner announced an even stricter policy - it would not show ads with semi-automatic weapons or with guns pointed at people.

Gun stores who advertised with Comcast in the past are nonplussed. "I've been running TV ads for 30 years. But if they don't want my money, I'll take it elsewhere," said Rick Oliver, a gun store co-owner, to USA Today. But his alternatives for TV advertising are limited. Comcast is the only cable provider in Lafayette, where Oliver's store is located.

Via USA Today.

Comcast Bans Gun and Ammo Ads

Black Blade: Oddly enough, Cable Television is dying and Internet Television and Satellite are replacing Cable. I can watch most anything I want on the internet and am not restricted to the biased "news" reports of the "Liberal-Progressive" media lapdogs.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Tea party put this out yesterday, for TV we got the dish

for high speed cable we have comcast, its either them or the phone company who just f*cked me in another way

thats ok, the outdoor channel just got bought by King Hussians buddy so that channel will be neutered real soon, the same guy owns the sportsmans channel also to be neutered real soon. they are buying up our only forms of exceptable entertainment, then they will get FOX and we will be back to the lame stream media
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

This is getting bad. I have dish and a show I like to watch is the Saturday night Knife and Gun show so I gest comcast or cox will not add it to there line up. Saturday Night Knife and Gun Show
    Gunco Member 2241
    NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

you can bet your @ss they be running bloomburgs anti-gun ads day and night though.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.