Gunco Forums banner

so much for global warming!

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  j427x 
#1 ·
last week we had snow flurries and sleet, this week it was supposed to warm up but were getting hammered by killing frost every day.

hey this is supposed to be the south!

some of my fruit trees have been burned all ready.

it looks like is is going to be a late spring here.

wasn't al-gore flapping his jaw about global warming, and it was going to be a hot and dry spring?--LOL!

i saw a polar bear the other day and ha had on a winter coat!--LOL!:loopeye:

#2 ·
34 degrees here in central Florida last night.. Heat on all night..
Poor Owl Gore, he tried.. Damn he would have made billions $$$ if people only listened to him..

#3 ·
The 16th of this month was a few degrees above normal and the global warming nuts were coming out of there holes. The lamestream media was alive with gloom and doom prophets. "The hurricane that hit New York was caused by global warming and we are now having warmer than normal temps." Hey dumbass, google hurricanes that have struck New York, youll see they have been hammering it since long before the industrial revolution. What a bunch of tards. Now where are they? Back in there holes till we get a day that is 3 degrees warmer than normal. I am still surprised that most people beleive what these morons say.

#12 ·
Kind of funny, sort of... The Eco global warming nuts set up stations all over creation to watch world temperatures and file reports..
Oh temperatures were showing a world trend of higher temperatures, fact..
So some guy with a brain looks and says..
"Hey, uh your setting you equipment on black tar pads. Would that not increase the temperature when the sun beats down on it?"
Uh, we never thought about that.. Whoops :loopeye:

#4 ·
Yeah, been in the 30's down here in the swamp too. Global warming my ass!
Well, that's why they changed their BS talk from "global warming" to "climate change". That wasn't working out too good. Damn con men, the whole bunch of them. Fricking climate is always changing. Got a saying in the bayous here, if you dont like the weather today, just wait, it will be different tomorrow.

#5 ·
Our seedlings all died last week when we put them out. Replanted seedlings again and this time waiting a few more weeks before planting them outside!

"Global warming" sells newspapers so it gets all the buzz. I mean, really, how could you be more dramatic than our ozone layer "decaying" due to global warming. Great stuff for a movie LOL

But in seriousness there is a global cooling trend going on. You should be able to find stuff by searching for "new ice age" (not the movie!) or "second ice age". Facts to prove the data. I don't think we'll need skis in Florida any time soon, but in a few centuries it will feel colder. Who knows what will happen after that. They think ice ages are cyclic and bound to happen once more. Again, there's scientific data to indicate this trend, not just some guy with a thermometer on an ice floe. Interesting stuff, really. At least for me it is, because "real" science interests me.

#6 ·
"Real science" is right, pook. If the global warming folks want to convince anyone with a brain with their theorys,and thats all they are is theorys, why do they constantly put these kooks out front with their o so easy to dis-prove b.s? They shoot themselves in the foot every time they open their mouths.

#10 ·
I just got two more ranks of wood & a re-fill on the propane tank. I'm usually mowing the grass by now.

Last time in Tennesee I noticed we were on the Al Gore highway. Seemed like a good time to pull off on the shoulder & do an oil change.

#13 ·
The guy who told them where to set up knew it. If these people were as dumb as they would like us to believe they are, they never would have gotten this far with their bs.

Carbon taxes are mighty appealing to a corrupt federal reserve and the global governance.\

#15 ·
Well, since we didn't buy the whole 'bovine flatulence' tax, now the earthworms are in on it too.

Study: Earthworms may contribute to global warming | The Daily Caller
Daily Caller News Foundation
Study: Earthworms may contribute to global warming

As environmentalists and politicians fret about man-made Global Warming, they may be ignoring another culprit: earthworms. According to a new study by an international team of researchers, earthworms could be contributing to global warming.

The study looked at results from 237 separate experiments from published stories to explore earthworms’ role in affecting global warming.

“Our results suggest that although earthworms are largely beneficial to soil fertility, they increase net soil greenhouse-gas emissions,” according to the study’s abstract.

Worms affect how much carbon dioxide is produced in the soil and how much escapes into the atmosphere by altering the physical structure of the soil through burrowing, which makes it more porous. Earthworms interact with microbes in the soil that produce a large chunk of the carbon dioxide emissions.

There are concerns that earthworms increase greenhouse gas emissions, which troubles scientists since earthworm numbers are on the rise.

“Earthworms play an essential part in determining the greenhouse-gas balance of soils worldwide, and their influence is expected to grow over the next decades,’ reads the abstract. “They are thought to stimulate carbon sequestration in soil aggregates, but also to increase emissions of the main greenhouse gases carbon dioxide and nitrous oxide.”

The study found that earthworms in soil increased nitrous oxide emissions by 42 percent and carbon dioxide emissions by 33 percent. However, the report also notes that worms can increase one type of greenhouse gas emissions while reducing another.

The Guardian reports that approximately 20 percent of worldwide CO2 emissions and two-thirds of N2O emissions come from the soil — produced by natural biological processes involving plant roots, as well as the micro-organisms living in the ground.

The study says that earthworm’s contribution to global warming is small in the grand scheme of things, but their numbers are growing.

“Over the next few decades, earthworm presence is likely to increase in ecosystems worldwide,” according to the study. “For example, large parts of North American forest soils are now being invaded by earthworms for the first time since the last glaciation”.

The more people use organic fertilizers and move away from conventional land development, the more the number of earthworms could increase. However, habitat degradation and species invasions could reduce the world population

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.
Tags: Climate change, Global Warming

#16 ·
Heard a story a while ago that was talking about how windmill farms create hot spots on the surface. The surface temps there are much hotter than surrounding areas.

Al Gorzeera is a POS on many levels. He made millions flying around the world promoting this crap, all in an effort to make money.

They've been talking about a hurricane or a tsunami hitting New York for years.

#18 ·
We got 3'' of snow on Monday
Yep, here too, usually Feburary is the last of the snow around here, sometimes in early March.

But if you think about it global warming has been going on for millions of years, if it wasn't, why aren't we still in an ice age?

#20 ·
yep. global warming and global cooling have been around for tens of thousands of years.

but somehow all of a sudden human activity is the cause?--LOL!

now human pollution may be why we have some hotter days in the summer in some places --but i don't think that that is 'global" though gore and crew--that is proof--

#19 ·
Well guys. About 38 degrees here in Central Florida now at 7:45 a.m...
Ocala, just to the west of here, had freeze warnings..

Rikoshay. Owl Goro and crew did not really make money promoting their stupidity. But, they stood to make a fortune if people fell for it..
From filters on every small company that had a chimney to solar power to battery cars, etc..
Now I am not knocking clean water and breathable air.. If I can save on my electric bill, hell go for it..
But these S.O.B.s were trying to dupe the public in a get rich quick scam..
Save the polar bears. What the frig do I care about a polar bear, their doing fine. We got our own problems and it aint the weather..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.