Thread: Stocks

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default Stocks

Commercial or mil spec? How can I tell on my AR which will fit? It came with a tapco extendable stock if that helps?

Feedback Score

Mil-Spec has a thinner outer tube than Commercial. Commercial used to be prevelent in the civilian market but nowadays Mil-Spec beats it out in the market so you can normally find more options for Mil-Spec tubes. Also Mil-Spec tubes are flat on the butt end and commercial stocks usually come with an angled down slant on the butt end. Tapco comes in both versions.

I attached a picture that best shows the difference. It's real slight but the stocks are not interchangeable amongst the two.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stocks-buffertube_specs.jpg  

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

So, it would be safe to assume that if, the rear has a 5degree angle, then the butt stock would mirror that angle? Its prob best if I take it apart, huh?

Feedback Score

Yeah just slide the buttstock off and you will be able to tell. Some pictures would help out too. What brand of rifle is it. Some companies prefer different types of tubes. Like I know Bushmaster favors Commercial. Just one example.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Go to the hardware store and buy some cheap calipers. I got a decent digital one at Lowe's for about $17. Then measure the o.d. of the tube. Mil-spec-1.148, commercial-1.168, or there abouts.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

or you could buy the stock and get a new tube from brownells or midway or twenty other companys that stock ar -15 parts. I actually bought one from cheaper than dirt before last december and it fit and worked out just fine
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Ok, so I had to find the shittiest camera in the house (lol) to take low qual pics b/c my smartphone is too high def to upload. Sorry, but Here it is, crummy Yankee Hill Machine accessories and all...I have a few small things on my wishlist....more to come
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stocks-imag0002.jpg  

Stocks-imag0003.jpg  

Stocks-imag0004.jpg  

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Nice rifle!
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks,
    btw..Mil Spec buffer tube/stock fitment (learned something new today)...I didnt know that there was a diff...glad I asked

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

That's so pretty it looks like an Airsoft!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.