Thread: satillite view of North Koreas military bases

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Default satillite view of North Koreas military bases

LiveLeak.com - North Korea , Location of Military Bases Viewed From Satellite

we have a few expert military aircraft buffs here look at the airbases and the type aircraft parked mostly 50"s -60"s era soviet style Jet ( migs) the way they park them they will make great targets also note no oils stained runways and grass growing in the cracks
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

Very nice movie. It seems like their whole country is militarized, whether fake or real. Poor saps.

Feedback Score

All the photos and video that has recently been coming out of N. Korea reminds me of a puppet show. One photo shows a hillside of "troops" with their guns in the air, and almost everybody's fingers are on their triggers (not familiar with guns). Another video shows a bleacher full of military personnel singing grandly, while lots of them keep looking nervously at the camera off to the side.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

nice SPrat....

they could make Seoul a mess even with that old stuff... but it would still only be about a 3 day war...

their guys would mostly defect after crossing the border & less than 200K of his 1.2 million man army even has weapons or shoes...

so look for him to just pull off another limited engagement to get some goodies thrown his way.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score

The NK rhetoric may be mainly for the PRC rather than the US and SK. Intervention by PRC would be most helpful for the crippled NK economy. Red China has great wealth (formerly ours) and NK has zip !!!

VD in AZ

Feedback Score

PRC isn't going to do anything but the bare minimum. They are stuck between the mutual defense treaty they have with the norks and the prospect of shooting at their biggest creditor.

They are getting pissed off at Lil Kim for putting them in this joint in the first place.

Feedback Score

I suspected NK would not be able to field equipment, like as mentioned above with the old migs and unused airfields.

A couple years ago I read a defector story that mentioned the little patrol boats they use were less than effective because they couldn't patrol properly with them due to lack of fuel...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i think NK has at least two squadrons of mig 29s and at least one or two squadrons of su-27s/33s that ARE operational.

they have a large number of old mig 19 and 21s --several hundred. i think the later imported versions from china the f6 and f7s are still operational.

there are a few squadrons of mig 23s-- i don't know how many are operational --maybe two or three--but at least one.

so the NK air force probably has at least TWO squadrons of operational modern fighters and probably 10 or 12 squadrons of out of date fighters still operational.

this is at about 50%-- i figure the rest are just 'parts" --

NK ain't big on flying things, but rockets, guided missiles and artillery --the big guns they got plenty of. and i am pretty sure most of that still works. 12,000 big guns all firing on SK at the same time--

tanks-- their mostly like the jets a few newer models and lots of t55s--

sort of like their stuck in 1958 ---

you got to remember though the ak is from that era and it is still an effective weapon of war.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.