Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: boy with BB gun faces FELONY charges??

Feedback Score

LOL. You are right-Dad should dole out a whoopin and make the kid apologize for the cars, but kids can't be kids anymore, and libs don't want parents to parent-they want "the community" to do it.

F that.

Very timely here. Thatcher quote making the rounds the last few days:

They're casting their problem on society. And, you know, there is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first. It's our duty to look after ourselves and then, also to look after our neighbour.

Feedback Score

How quickly things can change. I remember when I was little and me and my brother got caught stealing at a store close to our house. The police got called and they handcuffed us (mostly to scare us) and the store owner knew where we lived and who our parents were. So my dad showed up, took us home, proceeded to whip our asses, then made me (my brother is half so he lived with his mom he was just visiting) write an apology to the store owner, work there with no pay and wash the owner's car every day for a month. It was summer so my summer break was shot. I never stole again.

The sad part is I'm 26 and this was 16 years ago. How quickly things change huh???
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score

This is insane.

Feedback Score

I thought we were supposed to teach our kids respect for the law, not fear of it...

Feedback Score

I guess it is a "brave new world", from the one i grew up in...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

For real when you think about it.. Total insanity.. Instead of teaching kids gun safety, if you see a gun go too your teacher immediately, tell the other kid to "Put That Down Please."
    They youngsters here in the swamps are around weapons.. They would NOT touch a weapon without permission.. They are taught gun safe handling and every gun is loaded from a very very young age. They respect guns and know what they are capable of..
    I put my guns away when any kids come over.. Their city friends may not understand gun safety..
    But the antis do not get is, and just do not understand.. More you tell a kid "Bad No Touch, Stay Away." More the kid wants to see and touch and learn about it.
    In 7th grade I was in Junior High shooting a .22 rifle, being taught gun safety by a WWII Vet.. In the basement of the school, Connecticut.. For real gun range they had set up.. He taught us well. We listened..
    Their choice, what their doing is not working.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

30 years ago here Im told the gun show was at the school auditorium every year.

kids should not be shooting cars an maybe he got the scare he needed . Lets hope this is not all bad .

If I had done tht at 7 I would have never seen my bb gun a gain an liley never got to hunt later . this may be over board but the parents need to be a little more on the ball here also.

a Crossman 760 in a 7 year olds hand can be a very precision thing trust me

Feedback Score

I would have never dreamed of doing something like that for fear of never getting to go shooting again. My parents told me that if I ever misused a gun, I'd never get to touch one again. I took that to heart. Not to mention the fear of the ass kicking I would get.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.