Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: boy with BB gun faces FELONY charges??

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Exclamation boy with BB gun faces FELONY charges??

7-year-old Nabbed on Felony BB Gun Charges | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

a 7 year old boy with a BB gun? and murders are getting back on the streets thanks to the justice dept but they want to give this 7yo a felony for a BB gun?

WTF is WRONG with this picture??

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

There is also a little longer than minute and a half video at the below website - it accompanies the story.

Felony charges dropped against boy who shot BB gun | www.wsoctv.com

Felony charges dropped against boy who shot BB gun

CATAWBA COUNTY, N.C. —

The district attorney's office dismissed the case Friday against an 8-year-old Catawba County boy who was facing two felony charges.

Sam Grant’s parents said they were relieved by the D.A.'s decision to drop the charges against their son and to put the situation behind them.

The charges stemmed from an incident in February. Sam's parents said he was playing with a BB gun outside and aimed at an abandoned house nearby, but ended up shooting and damaging two cars.

His parents said they paid for the damages, but the sheriff's office charged the boy with two felony counts of discharging a firearm into an occupied vehicle.

When the family went to court Friday for a first appearance, officials told them the charges were dropped.

His parents said the case should never have been brought against their son, but they were prepared for the worst.

“Sam was shaking in fear from all this, and happy about the outcome,” his father, Johnny Robbins, said.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sniper69 View Post
    The charges stemmed from an incident in February. Sam's parents said he was playing with a BB gun outside and aimed at an abandoned house nearby, but ended up shooting and damaging two cars.
    Yeah - he was just shooting at birds

After living in CLT for 6 years I can guaran-damn-tee that this sherrif is simply too big for his britches and wanted to make an example of this kid as a warning to others. Nothing more.

Some sherrifs in NC (and I'm sure elsewhere) have a sense of entitlement. The Meck. county sherrif (for CLT) for years refused to sign any class-3 LEO forms. Regardless of the fact his job isn't the ATF's task, only to FULFILL his obligations. Was the source of many class-3 discussions while I lived there. THe solution was to move to a different co. where the sherrif there was more reasonable. Dude kept getting reelected so I don't know what happened after I left.

It was always discussed how you could bring up charges against hte sherrif for dereliction of duties, but who has the kahunas to do that to the sherrif in whose co. you reside? I actually know a guy who was a part of the local PD who got his signed by doing that very thing. Was an internal fiasco since he committed a CLM (Career Limiting Move) but he got his class-3 permit signed!

This guy is simply another R.P.C. bubba. (Roscoe P. Coltrane! guih guih guih - c'mon flash!)
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score

These people have to work for expungement, and then have it tested.
    There are locales in this country were just the arrest for a felony can deny you access to ammunition, to say nothing of firearms. There are tuition programs that will leave you high and dry just because of the arrest. NO CONVICTION NEEDED.
    The list goes on but you get my gist.
    And after every thing is squared, SUE FOR MALICIOUS ENFORCEMENT. In your lawyers' opening argument have him state that half of the award will go back to the county so as not to 'break' the county as long as the sheriff gives up his certification and no longer seeks ANY LE related employmentThey WILL win and he will be working in a Circle K in the next county.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Kid should be punished to the full extent of the law.. Damn BB guns will take your eye out...
    Toss him in the big house for a few weeks.. He wont be doing that again.
    Damn young whipper snappers these days..
    That's how it starts.. BB gun, then the punk wants a .22, then a big gun to hunt with Dad..
    Kid needs a good whuppin, right in the court room..
    Make him sit in old Sparky for a day, any crying two days..
    Little snot wont do that again..
    Last edited by 4thIDvet; 04-23-2013 at 04:24 AM.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

if the boy had had a sun-tan this would never have happened , he should have joined the obamma youth core before he got in trouble!

Feedback Score

Whast next for a felony arrest Air Soft Guns? Squirt guns? everyone watch out if your planning to build a house or a new addition Your Nail Gun may be the next thing on the obama gun take away hit parade!. Jeeze a seven year old charged with a felony for a fucking bb gun, but yet he can play a adult video game at his age, mimic the game and actually kill someone, not fully realizing the full implcations that the act entails, and more than likely will get a juvie sentance ( if that due to his age and mental status!) and then get released and his record is sealed anyway. Under a certain age you cannot disclose a juvie record. It takes an application to a judge to unseal it and then it has to directly apply to any new charges or show a pattern, Even though a persons past criminal history is not to be brought up. These cops are now going to far, or did this idoit just graduate from the academy? There is such a thing as Officer Descreation, and he could have done some good community policing, just by taking the kid home and inform the parents of what the kid did give them a certain amount of time to pay for the damages or he would come back and then arrest the kid, this is done all the time. And this is a good reason to have a gun now, the cops are to busy going after little kids, and why? because kids don't know thier rights for one! no #2 the police are going to be so busy going after kids that real dangerious criminals will skate by for a bit doing what they do best.and who do we have to thank for all this bullshit, OBAMA, FIENSTIEN, SCHUMER, CUOMO, AND ANY OTHER STUPID POLITICAN WHO CHOOSES TO GO ALONG WITH VIOLATING THE 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHTS OF UNITED STATES CITIZANS!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Kid should be punished to the full extent of the law.. Damn BB guns will take your eye out...
    Toss him in the big house for a few weeks.. He wont be doing that again.
    Damn young whipper snappers these days..
    That's how it starts.. BB gun, then the punk wants a .22, then a big gun to hunt with Dad..
    Kid needs a good whuppin, right in the court room..
    Make him sit in old Sparky for a day, any crying two days..
    Little snot wont do that again..
    I know you got some humor behind this, but you are pretty close to what the other side is really thinkin'...

Feedback Score

Nah, 4th ain't got no humor at all.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by sovblocgunfan View Post
    I know you got some humor behind this, but you are pretty close to what the other side is really thinkin'...
    Without humor, life sucks..
    Really really incredible what they did to this kid, beyond belief.. Old days you would have got a bit of an ass whippen from Dad for hitting the car, then be made to apologize..
    dcholl. Would bet not the Police Officers fault, hell he would be laughed out of the locker room.. These orders came from higher up "Set and Example."
    Not just this poor kid, all the kids nowadays.. My God they get expelled from school for reading Outdoor Life Magazine..
    It is going to backfire on them, like Mom saying she dont want you peeking at that Playboy magazine, till your of age. What do you do? yah peek..
    Neighbor lad, nice kid next door is sitting here with me.. 12 years old.
    "Tim, would you rather have an MP-5 or an Uzi?" I don't even know what the hell an MP-5 is and he is explaining it to me..
    Soon as they leave school, their doing just what the teachers do not want them to do, peeking at gun books..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.