Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Senate gun registration bill

Feedback Score

Don't give an inch. Never back down from your convictions and morals. For those outnumbered in liberal states, it might be time to advance to friendly territory. Remember, it is not retreat, but advancement in the other direction!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Yeah I'm trying to figure out the "extra" stuff that could get attached because as-is, I'm saying the same thing... so what's different... background checks at gun shows... um OK... any commercial sales... um OK... doesn't apply to personal sales... um OK...

LOL
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

you never know what those little communist a-holes will slip in there.

some fine print might trade away our rights without us knowing 'doublespeak--who knows?

i say kick it ALL back--

Feedback Score

I say kick it back as well becasue if this passes they can also attach an AWB or Magazine Capacity ban as an ammendment to it later.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score

I'm not giving in to any damm thing a democrat has to say , pass or wishes to discuss, and beside how do you know a Democrat is lying--- thier fucking lips are moving and to boot what they are saying makes no sense thats how to identify a gungrabbing democrat. And I can wait till election time!! I have a big surprise for all these dumass politicans, And I contacted the Republican Party yesterday to enlighten them, on just how badly I was lied to by democratic politicans, who knows I may be the poster boy on commercials for the republicans this year. Especially when I tell all about how I contacted them regarding medicare & medicade fruad and they have done nothing whatsoever to investigate or recover money that should have never been paid out to begin with to greedy hospitals and Physicans, But there is is a special election this year, and the republican party was very interested in what I had to say. If fact what I pointed out to them, they didnt even realize this was even a concern. And to be fare I brought it to the democrats attention, Had one of these politicans did anything about the fruad they actually would be riding high on the Political Office Train, But now there going to go sprialing down like a japeneese zero shot down in WWll. to bad so sad. they had thier chance, now with everything going on I do belive its time for the demoocratic party to shove off!....Doc

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by trukfixr View Post
    Wait until you read the fine print!
    Ditto. There will be shit buried in there. bank on it.
    " The world is a very dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who do nothing about them." - Albert Einstein, 1879-1955

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Will create a registry of all gunowners and let ATF seize guns from people for any so called 'mental health excuse'.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Im really really worried any one who ever saw a doctor for not feeling happy will be targeted or any one who ever got marriage counseling or grief counseling , tried a anti depressant that doctors are all to quick to prescribe because there like candy an every other TV ass is about this or that anti depressant . Im afraid any kit who gets stuck on a ADD med becaue he is a little hyperactive from the pound of sugar his mom gives him every day or what not might lose his rights . Im concerned people who really need help will avoid getting it because there privacy will not be protected .

To you got to the doctor an you tell him you have been unhappy , or you lost your , job or wife , or you feel anxious about loosing your home due to the economy collapsing , or what ever he says well we can TRY a anti depression a guy or gal your son or daughter it for a few months decides it dosent work makes them feel weird or like a zombie or to excitable an quits . Now there are no guns allowed in the home ever?

hell half the country ahs taken some thing at one time or another .

IMO there needs to be a jusge an a hearing involved before any one can take your rights away . I don't think some liberal doctor who is urged by his employers for liability reasons should be able to decide if or report you to a leo an they can just take your weapons .

to many people see the thousands of adds for anti depressants an think hmmm I must need to try this.

I feel there needs to be more attention paid to mentaly ill but there needs to be some pretty defined standards. IMO trying a medication or seeing a counselor or shrink is grounds for confiscation.

I also feel if that is how its going to go then any one who has tasken meds or seen a shrink should also not be allowed to hold a government office .

I wonder If Feinstein ,The Obamas , Bloomberg , holder or any of our elected high ranking officials have ever seen a shrink or got counseling or taken a pill? they control millions of peoples lives an affect how they live them.

I f we start taking guns then whats next? I can see a job applicant being turned down due to a back ground check shwing him not able to own guns because he was on ridlin when he was 8 . How many divorces end up with domestic charges thrown at some one by a vengeful spouse ? how many arguments between wives an another family members end up with a neighbor calling the cops an a disturbing the peace ticket that now becomes died to a domestic issue an costs the home guns?

how many father an sons go at it when a kid gets into his teens an thinks he can take on dad ?

removing guns from the home of some one who is in a mental health facility or has been committed is one thing an maybe a good idea if a judge has looked the case over . but having doctors , social workers , an LEOs making a call is another .

Im really concerned people who need help will be afraid to get help because of whats going on an those people might be the ones who will do a mass shooting or kill them selves, IM afraid family an friends will not report when people they love might need help for fear of there home being a no gun zone.

IMO our government an society should be encouraging people to seek help if they need it removing the social stigma associated with getting help an making it harder for you records an information to be seen no the opposite . were not going to address mental health issues if we drive the sick an those who wonder if they are into hiding .

I have no issue barring a person who has been committed or found insane by a judge from owning a gun . I have issues with the notion that every one who has ever tried a medicine pushed by multi billion dollar company an doctors is a risk.

This current law proposed of no sales at shows an on the net is just middle of the road republicans saying OK lets give the anti gunners some thing but not really give them anything . I have never bought a gun from a non ffl in my state at a show I don't even know how yo do a sale over the internet with out a ffl unless it turns into a face to face . you cant ship guns to a non FFL as far as I know .

Im guessing if I listed a gun on auctiuon arms in my area or on a some thing like craigs list ( tye ban fire arm sales ) or the net version of the local paper an then agree to meet them face to face in the same state this might be banned? ?????

are they going to start defining who you can call a friend ? will there be a set of rules dictating how long you must know a person an how to sell them a gun under thses rules?

If they really want to reduce criminals getting guns make it esier to do a transfer with out a dealer gouging it. Id love ot be able to say you know what pal Id love to sell you this gun but I want it out of my name an in your for 10 dollars we go to the the ?? or the ?? you give them you info an thye take the gun an hand it to you . after the transaction there is no record kept of what you have . we don't need a registry.

No one that is honest wants to sell a gun to a bad person but its very hard to do a transfer with out spending $40 . Im not sure a FFL needs to be the only one doing a check . local police , other places should also be able to do it . Im not so sure having a FFL doing a transfer for profit is the way to go.

I can license my dog for $10 but its $40 to do a transfer ? why. Leos run millions of license numbers every day on patrol they call in ever person they interview or come in contact with why is it we need to spend $40 for a FFL to do it.

I also don't like the position a FFL is put in if a person is rejected . Are they really set up to deal with a nut case or axe murderer?

If there is going to be changes then those private persons shuld nt have to go to a commercial business to do a transfer . there should be options .

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

ak9
    Feedback Score

Thumbs down yea so i read

1biggun
    I too was worried about the melding of health record b4 ... and now if you read the toomey 2013 bill
    sec 102 #4 perticullarly troubling ... and further penalizes states that don't implement !!! the 100million a year grants to states for four years ?

Sec 649 prohibited persons in "NEW" data base sounds good ...wrong if a person in a "household" is prohibited then entire house hold is prohibited from posession . Before the check system looked for the person appliing and if "clean" they were a go .if no record existed on an applicant then one was created ..took time .. but did'nt really prove the person clean ,just no record existed . By having prohibited persons in the data base they can cross check addresses etc.

sec 5511
    Panel /commision to find mentally incompetant total BS agian itis melding mental/ heath insurance & insurance porabillity act. into one data base
    sec 117 says so
    sec 143 . "K" describes the commision

Any one can be held mentally incompetent really if you think about it ! MY friends some are docs/ dentist... And my mother ,my sister are both PHD pychs .They have stated for years to be careful of the medical records ...anyone on meds... prohibited its coming you'll see if this passes
    ak9

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.