Gunco Forums banner

Bomb Blasts In Boston...

4K views 65 replies 31 participants last post by  o.d. ak 
#1 ·
On the News now, Fox News Channel at least.

• 3-7 Devices (early reports) detonated.
  • At least one additional device found, to be destroyed by Bomb Squad.
  • 10 people at Boston Med with "Amputation Injuries"
  • 3 dead (un-confirmed)
  • Stocks are tumbling (265 Points)
  • All Police, Fire, etc recalled in Boston, Surrounding communities sending teams into the City.
  • New York going on High Alert and lockdown.
I was on the phone (Video Conference - support Call) with a gentleman who was two blocks away from the Finish Line, and I heard 4-5 distinct reports (explosions), however, that means little or nothing.

Putting my Tin Hat on firmly, I see this as a potential Trigger Event that the Gov. will use to further clamp down "in the name of National Security" or "For the Children" or "For the Public Good".

The event is bad enough. I fear the Gov. reaction.

God's Blessings and Prayers for the victims and their Families and Friends.

And even though I really HATE Boston, I am INFURIATED that ANYONE would do this in one of the Cradle's of MY NATION, and MY CONSTITUTION!

I hope they FIND WHOEVER DID THIS, and CHAIN THEM TO A POST IN BOSTON COMMONS FOR 1 HOUR.

Let Justice be done.:headbang:

See less See more
#31 ·
I don't know if it's live or a rebroadcast, but they are saying on the news that the saudi guy is 20-21 years old and here on a student visa.

At this time 3 dead and 140+ injured

#33 ·
watching press conference last night. my wife hears a part of question "....hands down pants....." and makes me rewind the dvr. had to listen carefully, the reporter must have been in the back of then room. he asked: (paraphrased) "is this a false flag operation aimed at taking more civil liberties and allowing dhs to stick its hands down the pants of more americans"?

of course fbi said no without missing a beat. the reporter had to know that there was no way that the fed would stand there and say "sure, we orchestrated the whole thing". but, i will give him credit for launching that balloon.

#37 ·
I did not dvr it but i heard false flag twice and wondered why a reporter would repeat that, he asked a few questions play it back again from the beginning. you will hear his questions
you can be sure he will be barred from the press conference this morning at 9:30 am

also its not time to place blame but who did the liberials blame after 911 answer is Bush!

gee who fell down on the job on this one, he and VP uncle joe are running around trying to take away our consitutional rights when this happens

#40 ·
I have been at every Boston marathon since the mid 80s. It has always been a great day of celebration here in MA. It is a state holiday (Patriots day) and a day that we all look forward to.
The pub I always go to is at the 3 mile marker, so no where near the blast. After the runners go by, we all go back inside to watch the rest of the race on the many TVs the have. We were having such a great time until the bomb went off, I've never seen so many shocked faces before. It turned a wonderful get together into a tragedy in the blink of an eye. Things have still not returned to normal around here and I expect will not for some time. My heart goes out to the families of the deceased and wounded.

#41 ·
I have been at every Boston marathon since the mid 80s. It has always been a great day of celebration here in MA. It is a state holiday (Patriots day) and a day that we all look forward to.
The pub I always go to is at the 3 mile marker, so no where near the blast. After the runners go by, we all go back inside to watch the rest of the race on the many TVs they have. We were having such a great time until the bomb went off, I've never seen so many shocked faces before. It turned a wonderful get together into a tragedy in the blink of an eye. Things have still not returned to normal around here and I expect will not for some time. My heart goes out to the families of the deceased and wounded.

#45 ·
Now your catching on to why living in this state is so frustrating for us republicans. This state is so blue it makes me want to puke everytime I go to the polls. We manged to get Scott Brown voted in to finish out Admiral of Chappaquiddicks term when he did us all a favor and croaked. But that was only because we caught the dems napping. They thought that Coakley was such a shoe in that they didn't even bother to show up.
Unfortunately, when it came time for re-election they woke up and voted in the other douche bag Warren.
There are a number of us trying to put up a good fight, but there are just too many moron dems in this state to accomplish much.

#48 ·
Yup exactly why I was so happy to get out of Kalifornia. There is actually a good sized movement that wants to split the state in half into North and South because much of southern Kalifornia is Red. The Populations of Orange County and San Diego County can easily rival L.A. County (which goes blue religiously), but they can't compete with L.A., Sam loves Faransisco, Oakland, Stockton, and Sacramento. Plus the south holds most of the electoral votes.

It will never happen though the Dems have the wheel of that entire state and are driving it right into a wall.

#47 ·
He can't for now dario.. He owns a company up there.. Plus if Chief leaves Taxachusets, their will not be one Republican left.. He has to stay, to protect the flag.. :salute:

#50 ·
When these idoit democrats start stating they going to run fior office , showup at thuie reallies and ask questions, tape it even with a small taoper recorder. dig into thier back ground and find out allthier nasty little skeltions in this closet and expose them just double check your facts and sources and then put them so far back they couldnt get elected as the milk monitor in grade school! Pin them doen and catch them in a lie and then stick a fork in thier ass and consider them done,,,,Doc

#51 ·
WASHINGTON (AP) — The explosives used in the deadly Boston Marathon bombing were contained in 6-liter pressure cookers and hidden in black duffel bags on the ground, a person briefed on the investigation told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

One of the explosives contained shards of metal and ball bearings, and another contained nails, the person said.

A second person briefed on the investigation confirmed that at least one of the explosives was made out of a pressure cooker. Both spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation.

Two bombs blew up seconds apart Monday at the finish line of one of the world's most storied races, tearing off victims' limbs and leaving the streets spattered with blood and strewn with broken glass. Three people were killed, including an 8-year-old boy, and more than 170 were wounded.

President Barack Obama said called the explosions a terrorist attack and said law enforcement and intelligence officials were trying to determine who was responsible. No one has claimed responsibility for the bombings.

These types of pressure cooker explosives have been used in Afghanistan, India, Nepal and Pakistan, according to a July 2010 joint FBI and Homeland Security intelligence report. One of the three devices used in the May 2010 Times Square attempted bombing was a pressure cooker, the intelligence report said.

"Placed carefully, such devices provide little or no indication of an impending attack," the report said.

The Pakistani Taliban, which claimed responsibility for the 2010 attempt in Times Square, has denied any role in the Boston Marathon attack.

Law enforcement has not yet determined what was used to set off the explosives. Typically, these bombs have an initiator, switch and explosive charge, according to a 2004 warning from the Homeland Security Department about these types of explosives.

"We will go to the ends of the Earth to identify the subject or subjects who are responsible for this despicable crime, and we will do everything we can to bring them to justice," said Richard DesLauriers, FBI agent in charge in Boston.

Investigators in Boston are combing surveillance tapes and pictures from Monday.

#52 ·
Looking more and more like it could be a "disgruntled veteran of the armed forces, who had experience in handling explosives and IEDs in OIF/OEF"

I sure hope not, but with this (like theyve been using the rice-cookers in OIF/OEF for..) they could argue that it is just another reason why military veterans are dangerous and should not be allowed to own firearms. which will tie into many other things.

If it ends up being foreign, i.e. that Saudi student, who knows what will happen? Didnt they just get 'preffered fliers' or some such from us? something that not even the UK has with us?

Tragic, all around.

#54 ·
THE MEDIA KNOWS NOTHING AN WILL NEVER NO NOTHING ABOUT THIS .
JUST LIKE SANDY HOOK EVERY THING IS REPORTED WRONG FROM THE GET GO AN THEN ALL THE CONSPIERICYS START. FIRST THERE WERE 4 BOMBS THEN THREE AN NOW TWO. I WAS CALLING BS WHEN THEY WERE CLAIMNG THE COPS DEACTIVATED A BOMB ALMOST IMEADITLY. iT WAS TO FAST AN TO EASY TO BE TRUE . NOT TO MENTION THE COMPLETE LACK OF ANY VIDEO OF THE COPS FINDING OR DOING ANYTHTING . THERE WERE LIKLEY 100 CAMERAS RUNNING AN NO BOMB SQUAD .
OMG THERE WAS A GUY ON A ROOF !!!! REALLY IS THAT SUPRISING CONSIDERING ITS LOOKING OVER A SPORTING EVENT ? IDIOTS.

OBAMA HAS ORDERED FLAGS TO HALF MAST . HOW COME ? YES ITS A TRADEDJY BUT IS IT A REASON TO LOWER THE FLAG? EVERY TIME THIS GUYY DOES IT THE TERRORISTS OR WHO EVER WIN. FOR ALL WE KNOW ITSA MURDER PLOT A A DIVERSION ETC. I DONT SEE HIM DROPPING THE FLAG IN CJICAGO EVERY MONTH WHEN WE FIND ANOTHER 50 KIDS HAVE BEEN KILLED IN MURDERS.

EVERY TIME THERE IS THIS CRAP THE FLAG GETS DROPPED . ALL WE KNOW RIGHT NOW IS A MURDER HAS TAKEN PLACE AN MANY PEOPLE WERE HURT .

a LOT MORE WERE KILLED AT THE RENO AIT RACE AN THE FLAG STAYED UP. WHY DO WE KEEP GIVING THESE PEOPLE THE SASTISFACTION OF DOING THIS FOR THERE ACTS .

sO ARE WE GOING TO DROP THE FLAG EVERY TIME THERE IS AMURDER IN THIS COUNTRY NOW ? THE FLAG HAS BEEN DOAN MORE THAN ITS BEEN UP AT THE LOCAL POLICE STATION OVER THE LAST 10 YEARS.

ALL WERE DOING IS INVITING MORE OF THESE ACTS.

IF THIS ENDS UP BEIG DOMESTIC IM SURE IT WILL BE MORE REASON TO INVADE OUR MEDICAL RECORDS SEARCH OUR CARS AN HOMES.

THE MEDIA NEEDS TO SHUT THE fu%^K UP UNLESS THEY HAVE FACTS REPORT WHAT THEY NO FOR ONE DAY AN THEN SHUT UP AGAIN. IM SICK OF ALL THIS REALITY TV NEW REPORTING . ITS KILLING THIS COUNTRY .

KNOW WHAT MAKES A PRESSURE COOKER SO GREAT FOR A BOMB ?

#57 ·
prayers to all the fallen and injured. damn, one mess after another. maybe the myans did have the end right, just in a slow process? it would be nice to see the world just get along but bombings are just bullsh*t! if that young man in the hospital is guily beyond a shadow of a doubt, why ,just why? who ever did this i sure hope they fry him in a electric chair and use dry sponges like on the green mile movie!

#58 ·
time for Washington to stand up to the bomb lobby like the NBA (national bomb association) and enact meaningful bomb control reforms. these assault pressure cookers have no use other than to kill/wound large numbers of people indiscriminately. Nobody needs one of these in their kitchen all you need is a microwave.

I would also like to see a ban on high capacity duffel bags and backpacks as this tragedy may have been lessened or entirely prevented had the perpetrator only been able to carry a small amount of explosives in a fanny pack or two.

#59 ·
Yeah pressure cookers were real big when I was out in Trashcanistan. Thats probably why it exploded directly into the crowd. The pressure cooker can be used to make a DF (Directional Fragmentation) charge like a claymore. Nasty stuff.

I still expect the feds to "Never again allow this to happen" which means knee jerks-a-plenty, with a tie in to the "Strengthening" of mental background checks.

I feel terrible for the killed and wounded though. None of our citizens deserve to have this happen to them.

#61 ·
hey big gun, the flag should be at half mass and upside down now dont you think?
I DONT THINK THE FLAG NEEDS TO BE DROPPED EVERY TIME THERE IS A MURDER . I THINK THE FLAG NEEDS TO RAISED HIGHER NOT LOWER .

THERE HAVE BEEN LOTS OF MULTIPUL HOMMICIDES AN THERE VICTEMS DONT GET A LOWERED FLAG. SINCE WHEN DID MEDIA HYPE DICTATE WHAT WAS FLAG DROP WORTHY ?

USED TO BE IF THE PRESIDENT GOT KILLED OR A SOME THING MAJOR THE FLSG WENT DOWN NOW ITS EVERY THING THAT HAPPENS IF THE MEDIA SEEMS TO THINK THYE NEED TO INTRUPIT A NORMAL BROAD CAST.

HOW MANY OF OUT SOLDIRES HAVE BEEN KILLED WITH NOT FLAG BEING LOWERED ?

WE CANT DO THIS EVERY TIME SOME NUT ACTS OUT . ALL IT DOES IS SHOW THE IDIOTS THERE GETTING TO US EMOTONALY

I FEEL BAD FOR THE VICTEMS . QUITE HONISTLY IM SUPRISED THERE HAS NOT BEEN MORE OF THIS SINCE 911. PEOPLE FORGET WE HAVE BEEN AT WAR WITH SEVERAL COUNTRIES AN RELIGIOUS SECTS FOR OVER 10 YEARS. WHY IS ANY ONE SUPRISED WHEN A ENEMY FIGHTS BACK OR DOES SOME THING LIKE THIS? (IF ITS EVEN A TERRORIST ATTACK ) IM SUPRISED IT DOSENT HAPPEN AT THE SUPER BOWL OR OTHER SPORTING EVENTS .

#63 ·
SO EVERY TIME SOME NUT KILLS A FEW PEOPLE WERE GOING TO DO THIS ? THIS WAS NOT THE FEDERAL BUILDING BOMBING OR PERAL HARBOR . OR A DRONE STIKE

United States

.In the United States, the President can issue an executive order for the flag of the United States to be flown at half-staff upon the death of principal figures of the United States government, and others, as a mark of respect to their memory. When such an order is issued, all government buildings, offices, public schools and military bases are to fly their flags at half-staff. Under federal law (4 U.S.C. § 7(f)), the flags of states, cities, localities, and pennants of societies, shall never be placed above the flag of the United States; thus, all other flags also fly at half-staff when the U.S. flag has been ordered to fly at half-staff.

Governors of the several U.S. states or territories are authorized by federal law to order all U.S. and state flags in their jurisdiction flown at half-staff as a mark of respect for a former or current state official who has died, or for a member of the armed forces who has died in active duty. The governor's authority to issue the order is more restricted than the president's and does not include the discretion to issue the order for state residents who do not meet the criteria stated. Since a governor's executive order affects only his or her state, not the entire country, these orders are distinguished from presidential proclamations.

Under 4 U.S.C. § 7(m) and established traditions by Presidential proclamations, the flag of the United States is to be flown at half-staff in following circumstances:[21]

For thirty days after the death of a current or former president or president-elect, as occurred after the death of President Reagan and the death of President Ford.
For ten days after the death of a current vice president, current or retired chief justice, or current speaker of the House of Representatives.
From the day of death until interment of an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court, a secretary of an executive or military department, a former vice president, the President Pro Tempore of the Senate,[22] or the governor of a state, territory, or possession.
On the day of death and the following day for a Member of Congress.
On Memorial Day until noon.
Upon presidential proclamation, which has recently included: the interment of Frank Buckles,[23] the death of Senator Ted Kennedy,[24] the remembrance of the 9/11 attacks,[25] the death of Pope John Paul II,[26] the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster in 2003,[27] the victims of Hurricane Katrina,[28] the Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami,[29] the deaths of Coretta Scott King[30] and Rosa Parks,[31] the Virginia Tech massacre,[32] the Fort Hood massacre,[33] the funeral of Neil Armstrong,[34] the death of Libyan Ambassador Chris Stephens, the 2012 shooting in Aurora Colorado, the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, and the 2013 Boston Marathon bombings[35].
Federal law requires the flag be flown at half-staff on Peace Officers Memorial Day (May 15), unless that day is also Armed Forces Day. Yearly presidential proclamations also mandate that the flag be flown at half-staff on Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day (December 7),[36] and Patriot Day (September 11).[37]

On October 16, 2001, President George W. Bush approved legislation requiring the United States flag to be lowered to half-staff on all Federal buildings to memorialize fallen firefighters. Pub.L. 107–51 requires this action to occur annually in conjunction with observance of the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial Service.[38] The date of the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial Service is traditionally the first Sunday in October. It is held at the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial in Emmitsburg, MD.[39]

4 U.S.C. § 7(m) was modified with new legislation signed into effect on June 29, 2007, by President Bush, requiring any federal facility within a region, which proclaims half-staff to honor a member of the U.S. Armed Forces who died on active duty, to follow the half-staff proclamation.[40]

#64 ·
the old pressure cooker IED is an afgan/paki special. it is well known by our enemy and the is in the CIA "cookbook" as well.

i suspect this may be a little "payback" for obummas undeclared drone war.

you know when you use the USAF drones to bomb an enemy that is one thing but when you use those same drones to help a corrupt afgan or paki president/junta stay in power that is another thing.

somebody it trying to send obamma a message. and that message is

"you ain't as untouchable as you think you are!"

that what we get for letting enemy aliens into the USA --with all the millions and millions let in there some of them got to be playing for that "other team" ---

and it is out of the drawing board stage on letting 10s of millions more in the USA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.