Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Bomb Blasts In Boston...

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

WASHINGTON (AP) — The explosives used in the deadly Boston Marathon bombing were contained in 6-liter pressure cookers and hidden in black duffel bags on the ground, a person briefed on the investigation told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

One of the explosives contained shards of metal and ball bearings, and another contained nails, the person said.

A second person briefed on the investigation confirmed that at least one of the explosives was made out of a pressure cooker. Both spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation.

Two bombs blew up seconds apart Monday at the finish line of one of the world's most storied races, tearing off victims' limbs and leaving the streets spattered with blood and strewn with broken glass. Three people were killed, including an 8-year-old boy, and more than 170 were wounded.

President Barack Obama said called the explosions a terrorist attack and said law enforcement and intelligence officials were trying to determine who was responsible. No one has claimed responsibility for the bombings.

These types of pressure cooker explosives have been used in Afghanistan, India, Nepal and Pakistan, according to a July 2010 joint FBI and Homeland Security intelligence report. One of the three devices used in the May 2010 Times Square attempted bombing was a pressure cooker, the intelligence report said.

"Placed carefully, such devices provide little or no indication of an impending attack," the report said.

The Pakistani Taliban, which claimed responsibility for the 2010 attempt in Times Square, has denied any role in the Boston Marathon attack.

Law enforcement has not yet determined what was used to set off the explosives. Typically, these bombs have an initiator, switch and explosive charge, according to a 2004 warning from the Homeland Security Department about these types of explosives.

"We will go to the ends of the Earth to identify the subject or subjects who are responsible for this despicable crime, and we will do everything we can to bring them to justice," said Richard DesLauriers, FBI agent in charge in Boston.

Investigators in Boston are combing surveillance tapes and pictures from Monday.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Looking more and more like it could be a "disgruntled veteran of the armed forces, who had experience in handling explosives and IEDs in OIF/OEF"

I sure hope not, but with this (like theyve been using the rice-cookers in OIF/OEF for..) they could argue that it is just another reason why military veterans are dangerous and should not be allowed to own firearms. which will tie into many other things.

If it ends up being foreign, i.e. that Saudi student, who knows what will happen? Didnt they just get 'preffered fliers' or some such from us? something that not even the UK has with us?

Tragic, all around.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

They just anounced that the saudi student appears to have nothing to do with it
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

THE MEDIA KNOWS NOTHING AN WILL NEVER NO NOTHING ABOUT THIS .
    JUST LIKE SANDY HOOK EVERY THING IS REPORTED WRONG FROM THE GET GO AN THEN ALL THE CONSPIERICYS START. FIRST THERE WERE 4 BOMBS THEN THREE AN NOW TWO. I WAS CALLING BS WHEN THEY WERE CLAIMNG THE COPS DEACTIVATED A BOMB ALMOST IMEADITLY. iT WAS TO FAST AN TO EASY TO BE TRUE . NOT TO MENTION THE COMPLETE LACK OF ANY VIDEO OF THE COPS FINDING OR DOING ANYTHTING . THERE WERE LIKLEY 100 CAMERAS RUNNING AN NO BOMB SQUAD .
    OMG THERE WAS A GUY ON A ROOF !!!! REALLY IS THAT SUPRISING CONSIDERING ITS LOOKING OVER A SPORTING EVENT ? IDIOTS.

OBAMA HAS ORDERED FLAGS TO HALF MAST . HOW COME ? YES ITS A TRADEDJY BUT IS IT A REASON TO LOWER THE FLAG? EVERY TIME THIS GUYY DOES IT THE TERRORISTS OR WHO EVER WIN. FOR ALL WE KNOW ITSA MURDER PLOT A A DIVERSION ETC. I DONT SEE HIM DROPPING THE FLAG IN CJICAGO EVERY MONTH WHEN WE FIND ANOTHER 50 KIDS HAVE BEEN KILLED IN MURDERS.

EVERY TIME THERE IS THIS CRAP THE FLAG GETS DROPPED . ALL WE KNOW RIGHT NOW IS A MURDER HAS TAKEN PLACE AN MANY PEOPLE WERE HURT .

a LOT MORE WERE KILLED AT THE RENO AIT RACE AN THE FLAG STAYED UP. WHY DO WE KEEP GIVING THESE PEOPLE THE SASTISFACTION OF DOING THIS FOR THERE ACTS .

sO ARE WE GOING TO DROP THE FLAG EVERY TIME THERE IS AMURDER IN THIS COUNTRY NOW ? THE FLAG HAS BEEN DOAN MORE THAN ITS BEEN UP AT THE LOCAL POLICE STATION OVER THE LAST 10 YEARS.

ALL WERE DOING IS INVITING MORE OF THESE ACTS.

IF THIS ENDS UP BEIG DOMESTIC IM SURE IT WILL BE MORE REASON TO INVADE OUR MEDICAL RECORDS SEARCH OUR CARS AN HOMES.

THE MEDIA NEEDS TO SHUT THE fu%^K UP UNLESS THEY HAVE FACTS REPORT WHAT THEY NO FOR ONE DAY AN THEN SHUT UP AGAIN. IM SICK OF ALL THIS REALITY TV NEW REPORTING . ITS KILLING THIS COUNTRY .

KNOW WHAT MAKES A PRESSURE COOKER SO GREAT FOR A BOMB ?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

SEEMS THERE POPULAR IN THE MIDEAST .

GREAT NOW THERE GOING TO OUT LAW MY COOKWARE

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

DOUBLE TAP OR SOMETHING DELETED
    Last edited by 1biggun; 04-16-2013 at 06:27 PM.

Feedback Score

prayers to all the fallen and injured. damn, one mess after another. maybe the myans did have the end right, just in a slow process? it would be nice to see the world just get along but bombings are just bullsh*t! if that young man in the hospital is guily beyond a shadow of a doubt, why ,just why? who ever did this i sure hope they fry him in a electric chair and use dry sponges like on the green mile movie!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

time for Washington to stand up to the bomb lobby like the NBA (national bomb association) and enact meaningful bomb control reforms. these assault pressure cookers have no use other than to kill/wound large numbers of people indiscriminately. Nobody needs one of these in their kitchen all you need is a microwave.

I would also like to see a ban on high capacity duffel bags and backpacks as this tragedy may have been lessened or entirely prevented had the perpetrator only been able to carry a small amount of explosives in a fanny pack or two.

Feedback Score

Yeah pressure cookers were real big when I was out in Trashcanistan. Thats probably why it exploded directly into the crowd. The pressure cooker can be used to make a DF (Directional Fragmentation) charge like a claymore. Nasty stuff.

I still expect the feds to "Never again allow this to happen" which means knee jerks-a-plenty, with a tie in to the "Strengthening" of mental background checks.

I feel terrible for the killed and wounded though. None of our citizens deserve to have this happen to them.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score

hey big gun, the flag should be at half mass and upside down now dont you think?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.