Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who destroyed Colorado's Freedom?

Feedback Score

Default Who destroyed Colorado's Freedom?

I want to start by saying that I love the state of Colorado. For years it was my number one state. But, when I was a teenager, my parents brought us to Oregon. I always planned to return to Colorado after I became an adult. But, in that time I met my wife. She was born and raised in Oregon. We fell in love, got married and raised our children here. Now, we have grandchildren here. So, I doubt that I would ever get the chance to reside in Colorado again. But, I still have a spot in my heart for that great state. I have visited it many times down through the years. I still have relatives who live there.
    It used to be a wonderful state to live in. Its citizens were mostly conservative. They believed in freedom. The US constitution was recognized as the “Law of the Land.” You could enjoy all of the Constitution’s protections. And, it had been that way for many years. There was no better place for freedom loving Americans during those days.
    But, now things have changed. Somehow, Colorado has been dragged into the cesspool of Liberalism. The Constitution is no longer recognized by its government. Now, its “leaders" are following the lead of the Federal government. “Freedom” is what the government says it is! And, this government feels that it has the right to control your life 100 percent! The Governor believes that “the government giveth and the government taketh away!”
    The trouble with Colorado is the same as it is for most states: The big cities (in this case-Denver) elect the government. Most other states (including Oregon_ stunk up by Portland) are conservative in the rural areas, but, the voters there are overwhelmed by the city dwellers. In Oregon, we are controlled by unamerican voters who live hundreds of miles away; who have no idea of what country folks need.
    How did the far left get control of the once conservative State of Colorado? How does a low life thug like John Chickenpooper get to be Governor in the one time free State of Colorado? Why are people who have lived their entire life in Colorado now losing their freedom?
    The answer is very simple. It is the large number of Illegal Alien Wetbacks who vote that are overruling old time Colorado citizens. That is the only way that a scourge like Chickenpooper and his mob could take over a once fine old State like Colorado. And, as much as I have sometimes dreamed of returning there to visit or to live, I think the current gang of anti-liberty villains will keep me away from now on.
    Illegals voting are also destroying freedom in other States such as Washington and California, etc.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

My wifes parents live in Colorado.

I think it's the hoard of California people who have moved there in the past 10 years.

Was suprised to learn that it's against the law in Colorado to catch rainwater. If you leave a bucket on the patio and it rains you are breaking the law. Rain belongs to EVERYBODY.

Obviously Colorado has water issues and people in the past weren't very fair to their downstream neighbors, but that's a bit ridiculous.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

+1 Hordes of Commiefornians moving in. They tried the same thing in Nevada where a friend of mine lives. They filed a court suit to prevent the building a new shooting range near Las Vegas. Fortunately the judge who decided the case was a conservative. He ruled against them and said if they wanted to live in a place like Commiefornia then they should move back there!

Also, I suuspect the native residents of Colorado were complacent and not paying attention to what was happening to their state. Have read that recall campaigns have been started to get rid of the Commocrat pols who voted for the anti-gun bills.

Feedback Score

I hope so. I would like to see the Constitution restored in Colorado. One of the best places I ever lived in my life was Cortez. I lived there during the early 1950s. I always hoped to return but events intervened and it never happened. Colorado was such a conservative state then.
    And, don't downplay the Illegal Alien vote. There are millions of them in America and they vote 70-80 percent for the Democrats ("the Democrats give us things and will allow us to stay here"). I speak Spanish and I know a lot of those people. I like them, but, they are just like Americans: You can BUY their loyalty!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Yes the hordes of fleeing Californians, who left that state because of high taxes and over regulation of everything, are now ruining this beautiful state too! They think they are just being "reasonable" but that is because they are already indoctrinated with out even realizing it. Next stop Wyoming or New Mexico but I do not believe that will be a long term solution either. As a kid I lived all over this great land but I first came to Colorado when I ran away at age 15 and then returned for good 9 years later when my wife didn't like Dallas. I raised my family here and it will be very hard to leave if and when it comes to that.
    Gunco member #11

“it is dangerous to be right in matters about which the established authorities are wrong” Voltaire

Feedback Score

COMMIFORNICATING everyplace they move, like they did to California. They don't realize they are making where they moved to like where they fled from.

Living in Southern Oregon ruled by the peoples republic or portland.

Feedback Score

10 years my arse. Over 25 years ago, the MAYOR of Boulder said that mink farming must be outlawed due to the fact that MINK FLATULANCE was destroying the ozone layer. These a$$oles elect and REelect this trash. The people of Colorado deserve every bad thing that befalls them.
    As for the illegals; they should be stuffed two to a bodybag as they cross the Rio Grande and use the bodybags to build the fence.
    They didn't come here to live the America Dream. THEY INVADED WITH THE INTENT OF STEALING IT.
    MUERTA por la RECONQUISTADORS
    REPEL BORDERS
    Hunter

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dario541 View Post
    And, don't downplay the Illegal Alien vote.
    Maybe in Oregon or Colorado, but not in Arkansas. You have to have a paper trail back to a valid birth certificate or naturalization papers, whether you registered the old way or got covered by the automatic "Motor Voter" legislation.

Now, since the county electoral authorities lunged for "electronic voting machines" a few years ago, Baud alone knows where your votes go; there's no paper trail, and there's a "helper" staring over your shoulder now, and the little data cartridge goes back to the registrar every time. I have serious doubts that "secret ballot" exists here any more... but those of us going through the motions are highly likely to be American citizens and Arkansas residents.

Feedback Score

I lived in Denver from 1966 to 1970. The whole state was a great place: skiing, hunting, fishing. The creek water was clean enough to drink without halizone. For the most part the people were friendly.

Feedback Score

What the Media refer to as the "Hispanic Vote" is actually the "Illegal Alien" vote. And, most say that they will continue to vote for Democrats.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.