Gunco Forums banner

Bloomberg: Interpretation of the Constitution Needs to Change

1K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  BBill 
#1 ·
Bloomberg Says Interpretation of Constitution Will ?Have to Change? After Boston Bombing | Politicker

In the wake of the Boston Marathon bombings, Mayor Michael Bloomberg said Monday the country’s interpretation of the Constitution will “have to change” to allow for greater security to stave off future attacks.
“The people who are worried about privacy have a legitimate worry,” Mr. Bloomberg said during a press conference in Midtown. “But we live in a complex word where you’re going to have to have a level of security greater than you did back in the olden days, if you will. And our laws and our interpretation of the Constitution, I think, have to change.”
Mr. Bloomberg, who has come under fire for the N.Y.P.D.’s monitoring of Muslim communities and other aggressive tactics, said the rest of the country needs to learn from the attacks.
“Look, we live in a very dangerous world. We know there are people who want to take away our freedoms. New Yorkers probably know that as much if not more than anybody else after the terrible tragedy of 9/11,” he said.
“We have to understand that in the world going forward, we’re going to have more cameras and that kind of stuff. That’s good in some sense, but it’s different from what we are used to,” he said.
The mayor pointed to the gun debate and noted the courts have allowed for increasingly stringent regulations in response to ever-more powerful weapons.
“Clearly the Supreme Court has recognized that you have to have different interpretations of the Second Amendment and what it applies to and reasonable gun laws … Here we’re going to to have to live with reasonable levels of security,” he said, pointing to the use of magnetometers to catch weapons in city schools.
“It really says something bad about us that we have to do it. But our obligation first and foremost is to keep our kids safe in the schools; first and foremost, to keep you safe if you go to a sporting event; first and foremost is to keep you safe if you walk down the streets or go into our parks,” he said. “We cannot let the terrorists put us in a situation where we can’t do those things. And the ways to do that is to provide what we think is an appropriate level of protection.”
Still, Mr. Bloomberg argued the attacks shouldn’t be used as an excuse to persecute certain religions or groups.
“What we cant do is let the protection get in the way of us enjoying our freedoms,” he said. “You still want to let people practice their religion, no matter what that religion is. And I think one of the great dangers here is going and categorizing anybody from one religion as a terrorist. That’s not true … That would let the terrorists win. That’s what they want us to do.”

What kind of Assf*ckery is going on in this guy's head. Well a man much wiser than him said:

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

I think his name was Benjamin Franklin or something, but what the hell did he know?

Ass Hat needs to remember he is a F*ckin Mayor not a national icon. Just keep screwing up your city and leave the rest of us out of it.

See less See more
#2 ·
Bloomberg is a freaking KOOK I think he needs to change into unemployed and give all his money away

#3 ·
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg once said: Sometimes government does know best. And in those cases, Americans should just cede their rights.

“I do think there are certain times we should infringe on your freedom,” Mr. Bloomberg said, during an appearance on NBC. He made the statement during discussion of his soda ban — which was shot down by the courts — and insistence that his fight to control sugary drink portion sizes in the city would go forth.

#4 ·
Another candidate for a "third eye".

#7 ·
YOU BET IT NEEDS A CHANGING,,,,

We need to add an amendment that allows putting people that try to take away our rights and that infringe on the Constitution,,,in front of a firing squad for treason,,seems they want that for us ,,for being patriots and protecting this country,,,,,,

They sure as Hell aren't looking out for the Constitution as they swore an oath to do,,,WTF is wrong with this country???????

Ready,,,,,Aim,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

#10 ·
I copied this from Survival Blog:

"We're going to suspend your rights to protest, bear arms, privacy, and trial by jury."
"Why?"
"To protect you from terrorists."
"Why do we need to be protected from terrorists?"
"They hate you for your freedom." - Reader "Nick Tha Swede," commenting on an article about Mayor Bloomberg at The Politicker web site

#11 ·
nd I would do exactly do what he dose to others look down at him and keep righ ton going! its time that we take the power and our country back and kick these worthless peices of shit lying politicans to the curb where they belong! out with the TRASH!!!!!..Doc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.