Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Black Powder - Background Check Bill

Feedback Score

Time to start stocking up on the black powder I know only allowed 5lbs per hunter.but there are exceptions....Doc

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    NEXT

if anyone has the formula to make black powder substitute ( not black powder) like pyrodex do not post it on this site or any related site but let longtime members know you have the formula

thanks for your post i'll have to look into pyrodex
    It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool.-Haruko

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I much prefer Triple 7 myself,,cleaner burning, less fouling, semi smokeless and consistent. I'm not sure but I think I heard it's less corrosive too. That's been my go to sense I discovered it a few years back.Hell I can get 15+ rounds off, or more without having to swab, black or Pyrodex your lucky to get 6-7 before you have to swab it out. Pretty good stuff.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Think I'll buy one of them there ballmill machines from HF to make my rocket fuel/smoke b**b stuff.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

here is the reid bill here we go

BREAKING: Reid Introduces Ammunition Background Check Bill | The Truth About GunsThe Truth About Guns

I also used triple 7
    i used the word pyrodex in generic terms as in bp subsitute
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I walked into the local gun shop a few years ago, saw the price of black powder, and nearly infarcted. Then spazzed when I saw the hazmat and shipping charges for mail order.

That's why I have a ball mill out in the shop now... I can make Evil Black for about $6 per pound, depending on what I pay for potassium nitrate. I have a .45-70 and a 12ga to feed!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

where is that "background check " for the white house?

ak9
    Feedback Score

Trx
    if you would ...please educate"ball mill ...could not find on HF site .Type of mixer perhaps ?grain sizer ? IDK
    Kclo4/or/kclo3 with other can also propell
    kno4can be made firtil soil/N bearing earthfine hotly burned wood ashes and pour boiling water thruogh it and then boil this down/repete ...collect crystals butKNO4 is really cheap for now its fertlizer and easily made also from any fertilizer... It would be SO counter productive to try regulating it virtually impossibl to control ... idotlibs\
    ak9

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Mine's homemade out of 6" PVC pipe. In retrospect, it would have been cheaper and simpler to have just bought one.

I've been auditing some of the pyrotechnic forums for a few years now, looking at propellant recipes. I've also been reading on some of the British developments right at the end of the black powder era. They were using rye straw charcoal and had dispensed with sulfur, which they didn't figure was needed with priming caps instead of flint locks. I forsee years of experimenting ahead... all this stuff has been done before, most of it well over a century ago, but the records probably sat in War Department archives until rats ate them, and who cared about black powder once they got the kinks worked out of nitro powder?

Feedback Score

The irony is not lost on me that on the anniversary of the Battle of Lexington and Concord 18th April where the Brit red coats attacked the patriot militias to grab their guns, artillery, and black powder... today's Fed Coats re-enact the same crap !!! Coincidence ??? I think not.

That attack and "shot heard around the world" was tipped off by a lone American patriot named Gage. Yes, the American wife of Brit Commanding General Thomas Gage. Her info about the pending Brit operations was relayed to messengers Paul Revere, William Dawes, Dr Samuel Prescott, and others. Revere was captured and "detained" by the red coats and saw those battles from their side of the line but he was able to alert senior patriots, John Adams and John Hancock who escaped arrest !!!!

For her patriotism Mrs Gage was deported by her husband to England and was never again able to see her beloved America.

VD in AZ
    Last edited by Viper Dude; 04-26-2013 at 08:09 PM. Reason: correct info and spelling...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.