Gunco Forums banner

Black Powder - Background Check Bill

4K views 31 replies 18 participants last post by  Sprat 
#1 ·
I haven't looked at it yet. But its probable bad for use. Time to get the word out. [video=youtube;01R4DoGVNsk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01R4DoGVNsk[/video]

#5 ·
Good Lord,,,,CONCENTRATE ON THE CROOKS!!!!!! Leave the honest folks alone,,,, you just may need to depend on us someday for "back up" if things continue as they are around the world.

This just seems to me to be something they just haven't seemed considered before, they'd better,,, we just might just be the last line of defense for this country when all is said and done! Dumb ass's,,,,,,

#7 ·
Amen brother!!!

#8 ·
regulating reloading now, so to further control the access to ammo,

in february the wife and I went into bass pro and saw the shelves bare of most popular ammo and reloading powder with small amounts of various primers. but there was plenty of Black powder subsitute (Pyrodex) powder and pellets and 209 shotgun primers
I turned to the wife and said might as well stock up on this while i can and low and behold
along comes another Lautenberg regulation

I should be a fortune teller

#9 ·
COUNTING COUP my a$$. It's time to start filling possibles bags with left ears.
LautenRat is from Nuevo Yersey. My brother lives there. He has to go through more crap to buy a BB pistol than I do to buy a short barreled shotgun here in Florida. They also have one-a-month rules and to buy ammunition and reloading supplies, you need a FireArms ID card.
Hunter

#12 ·
I see a big crack down on fireworks now that the media has shown how to build a pressure cooker bomb on national TV .

reloading supplies will be the next loophole they look to plug.

Im going to buy powder if if It is ever available again to last me the next 20 years.

how long before we get a copy cat bombing or two to stir this more ?

#15 ·
time to start making my own powder! and black powder will work in any gun, Just have to clean your weapon well, and might as well stock up on gun cleaning supplies as well.!
hopefullwe can rid this shit out until the next election and get all these demoidoits out of office all at once!! and any republicans and independants that side with the democrats on thier stupid gun policies, and the rest of thier other stupid moronic Ideas,
If they continue to stay in office, they will forever ruin this country and what is next genocide for the sick and elderly and the poor and disabled. Id be willing to bet a dollar to a donut that given the chance they would do it in a heartbeat! and one thing to ponder whats to say those plans are not in the works under the new obama care UNhealthy PLAN. Doc

#17 ·
yes we need a thread on making homemade blackpowder OOPS !!! maybe not a good idea, how about BP subsitute.

I could see after the next time and there will be a next time the bombers took the reciepe off of gunco

#23 ·
I much prefer Triple 7 myself,,cleaner burning, less fouling, semi smokeless and consistent. I'm not sure but I think I heard it's less corrosive too. That's been my go to sense I discovered it a few years back.Hell I can get 15+ rounds off, or more without having to swab, black or Pyrodex your lucky to get 6-7 before you have to swab it out. Pretty good stuff.

#26 ·
I walked into the local gun shop a few years ago, saw the price of black powder, and nearly infarcted. Then spazzed when I saw the hazmat and shipping charges for mail order.

That's why I have a ball mill out in the shop now... I can make Evil Black for about $6 per pound, depending on what I pay for potassium nitrate. I have a .45-70 and a 12ga to feed!

#28 ·
Trx
if you would ...please educate"ball mill ...could not find on HF site .Type of mixer perhaps ?grain sizer ? IDK
Kclo4/or/kclo3 with other can also propell
kno4can be made firtil soil/N bearing earthfine hotly burned wood ashes and pour boiling water thruogh it and then boil this down/repete ...collect crystals butKNO4 is really cheap for now its fertlizer and easily made also from any fertilizer... It would be SO counter productive to try regulating it virtually impossibl to control ... idotlibs:fear:\
ak9

#29 ·
Mine's homemade out of 6" PVC pipe. In retrospect, it would have been cheaper and simpler to have just bought one.

I've been auditing some of the pyrotechnic forums for a few years now, looking at propellant recipes. I've also been reading on some of the British developments right at the end of the black powder era. They were using rye straw charcoal and had dispensed with sulfur, which they didn't figure was needed with priming caps instead of flint locks. I forsee years of experimenting ahead... all this stuff has been done before, most of it well over a century ago, but the records probably sat in War Department archives until rats ate them, and who cared about black powder once they got the kinks worked out of nitro powder?

#30 · (Edited)
The irony is not lost on me that on the anniversary of the Battle of Lexington and Concord 18th April where the Brit red coats attacked the patriot militias to grab their guns, artillery, and black powder... today's Fed Coats re-enact the same crap !!! Coincidence ??? I think not.

That attack and "shot heard around the world" was tipped off by a lone American patriot named Gage. Yes, the American wife of Brit Commanding General Thomas Gage. Her info about the pending Brit operations was relayed to messengers Paul Revere, William Dawes, Dr Samuel Prescott, and others. Revere was captured and "detained" by the red coats and saw those battles from their side of the line but he was able to alert senior patriots, John Adams and John Hancock who escaped arrest !!!!

For her patriotism Mrs Gage was deported by her husband to England and was never again able to see her beloved America.

VD in AZ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.