Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Lost Art of the Handshake

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Im more worried on how to get out of a public rest room with out touching the door after I wash my hands LOL
    Yeah, so why is it that doors in public building are required to open outwards to keep people from getting crushed against the doors in a fire evacuation or some such, but restroom doors always open inwards?
    Certified AR-15/M-16 Armorer / SIG Pistol Armorer

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

doubled.
    Certified AR-15/M-16 Armorer / SIG Pistol Armorer

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    Hell your Damn Lucky if you can even get someone to acknowledge that you are even there ,, because there to busy texting/tweeting , or what to fuck ever,,,Good Lord

Well TRX,,, guess your just showing your age now,,, you date back to the date of civility and respect for others. Shaking hands ain't what it used to be anyways,, what ya git now if your lucky is a limp wristed clumsy attempt at a handshake,,,then there put out by having to.

as far as the cell phones.........don't you love it when your driving and some @sshole almost hits you cause they are yapping or texting or tweeting or facing or wtf ever.....Then when you pass them or evade them, and look at them to see the face that almost killed you, they give you the dirty look or flip you off. Then you got the people who dont even acknowledge you as well.

handshakes...................lol.............it all starts there........lol
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score

Handshakes are truly falling out of favor in this electronic age, but it still has a lot of meaning to some.

I do hate the assholes who try to break your hand, when a simple firm handshake with eye contact will do.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_02 View Post
    Hey TRX, what climbed up your butt??
    You - get off my lawn!

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

I always hold the door open for women and children. I have been teaching my son the same manners I learned. The other day my family and I were out at dinner my boy was wearing a ball cap We sat down I told him to take it off and he said why?... (pretty much every other male in the restaurant was wearing theirs inside.) I asked if he were born in a barn he said no, then I said don't act like it.
    This comment got several bad looks from other males including grown men. Where I came from there were certain things you always did as a man, hat off inside, open doors for women, handshake was your word.

With the influx of people into this country many with no or little values or manners I have seen many changes over the years. I even see this in Anglo Saxon family's who want to dress and act like gangbangers even the adults and they forget how to act in public. Sad state of affairs.
    "Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway." - The Duke

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by sovblocgunfan View Post

I do hate the assholes who try to break your hand, when a simple firm handshake with eye contact will do.
    I love those guys! Using vice grips all day every day for 25 years has given me a very good grip.
    The look on their face is always priceless when the vice closes hee hee

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

In todays world when our male politicans , school teachers, boy scout leaders, bankers, lawyers, an liberals meet the custom is to now to go screw some were.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Gunco View Post
    The other day my family and I were out at dinner my boy was wearing a ball cap We sat down I told him to take it off and he said why?... (pretty much every other male in the restaurant was wearing theirs inside.) I asked if he were born in a barn he said no, then I said don't act like it.
    This comment got several bad looks from other males including grown men. .
    ooooh. Hats inside, especially at a table. that's a good one. BIG BIG no-no for me.

I get the same reaction from other men when I take my hat off, or make my boys take theirs off.

I have even shamed (not on purpose) a couple of older men (grandad's age) into it-they were taught better... it wasn't intentional, but I got some really dirty looks from them. Too bad...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.