Thread: hey, j427x

Feedback Score

Default hey, j427x

Mr. X. I was wondering what the accuracy was like with that little black gun in your avitar. (I'm assuming the pic is of you)
    The reason I ask is I just got done with an AR build for my daughter. It has an A2 buttstock, a triangle forearm, 24" barrel with a 5" brake/suppressor.It has an A2 carry handle with a 4X Colt-type carry handle scope. All old school type stuff. All together, a little over 48" long. This thing will stay inside 9" at 700m until you get tired of pulling the trigger. Just wondering how it stacks up against new school.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

the old 1-12" barrels could be very accurate. i can recall many an a1 that could put them all in the same hole in the short range target.

long range --we did have much in the way of optics with the old a1s m by the time the ACOG type things came around the a1s were for the most part stood down from front line use.

so i don't know what kind of group they could do @ 500M+ , i do know that knocking the targets down on the target machine wasn't difficult at 500M with the a1 peeps.

i don't think that the old barrels were as "steady" as the newer ones, that could have been that we abused the old m16s more-- like when the got hot they would open up some. nothing like getting a barrel red hot shooting thousands of blanks full auto, or even worse firing hundreds of tracers full auto --so it ain't like we were babying the things to get a sum moa accuracy out of um--lol

the ammo that your shooting plays a big role in how accurate a rifle is as well. we had some very good m193 ball powder ammo back then that was very stable velocity wise.

no that ain't me in the pick --that my old pal "big-kinfe" billy--

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.