Gunco Forums banner

DC planning to ban 3d printible guns!

700 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  sovblocgunfan 
#1 ·
#3 ·
they just cant stand it, can they! when that co. started making a ar15 that had to be screwed together plus drill and tapping some holes atf went in and took everything until i think the courts ruled as it was a kit and not a firearm.what i saw so far on the testing of the prototype the plastic,polymer, or what ever its made out of needs alot of r&d to hold up to live firing.

#5 ·
I had read somewhere that some of these machines do Aluminum as well, so that may be another option, the prioces of these machines will go down, In a few months check for auctions of bussiness & Maunfacturing companies that are closing, I have a person I can try and track down and check and see what gives, Major Eletronices m Conputers , nmainframes etc are his line of bussiness, can t hurt to try but as far as the ruling goes they just want it to be idedentifiable as a firearm when going thru Metlal detectors, and have other parts on the gun that can be traced. such as the barrel and hammer, which is no more than they have now really when Identifing certain weapons in case of a crime that is what Im getting out of the ATF Letter, I have already copied it and add it to my other ATF Letters on Builds.....Doc

#7 · (Edited)
That's because DOD overrode ATF.

See the other thread. DOD has asked the guy to take down his stuff.

Too late...

The guy is looking for a fight, and I think he'll get one. We need to support him however we can...

My Dinner with Cody Wilson: "I'm Looking Forward to Jail" | The Truth About GunsThe Truth About Guns

The first thing we wanted to know is if he’s worried about a possible stretch as a guest of the the federal government in one of their high security greybar hotels. Cody’s response: “I’m looking forward to it. It’ll give me time to catch up on my reading.”

As far as he’s concerned, the government might get him on any number of technicalities. Cody started listing the ways that Uncle Sam could justify putting him away, almost as if they were badges of honor — thumbing his nose at their attempts to control the proliferation of firearms. It fits well with the “crypto-anarchist” persona that he’s developed as his efforts with 3D printing have progressed.

Robert was concerned that Cody didn’t have a lawyer already on speed dial in the event of his arrest. We started spit-balling lawyers that might be interested in taking his case, and Cody wasn’t too impressed with any of them. Alan Gottleib was definitely a no-go. “Didn’t he support that Toomey-Manchin background check bill? No, f*** him.”
From ShortTimer's article found here:

State Department Shuts Down Defense Distributed | The Patriot Perspective

#8 · (Edited)
That's because DOD overrode ATF.

See the other thread. DOD has asked the guy to take down his stuff.

Too late...

The guy is looking for a fight, and I think he'll get one. We need to support him however we can...

My Dinner with Cody Wilson: "I'm Looking Forward to Jail" | The Truth About GunsThe Truth About Guns

The first thing we wanted to know is if he’s worried about a possible stretch as a guest of the the federal government in one of their high security greybar hotels. Cody’s response: “I’m looking forward to it. It’ll give me time to catch up on my reading.”

As far as he’s concerned, the government might get him on any number of technicalities. Cody started listing the ways that Uncle Sam could justify putting him away, almost as if they were badges of honor — thumbing his nose at their attempts to control the proliferation of firearms. It fits well with the “crypto-anarchist” persona that he’s developed as his efforts with 3D printing have progressed.

Robert was concerned that Cody didn’t have a lawyer already on speed dial in the event of his arrest. We started spit-balling lawyers that might be interested in taking his case, and Cody wasn’t too impressed with any of them. Alan Gottleib was definitely a no-go. “Didn’t he support that Toomey-Manchin background check bill? No, f*** him.”
From ShortTimer's article found here:

State Department Shuts Down Defense Distributed | The Patriot Perspective

#9 ·
the STATE department? WTF?

why are they not hunting down alien student visa terrorists elements?

ain't that the WRONG dept to be investigating this???

what is next is the rail road police or the post office going to get involved?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.