Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: GSG STG44 .22lr

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Yes indeed it does,,,

and like ya say 1biggun,,"a range toy that serves no real purpose other than to have fun with",,

Perfect, just what I'm looking for!!!

Have all the other stuff already!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Its hard to beat a 10-22 ruger modified to fit your needs .

I have 4. two are target/varmint guns for me an my son one is bone stock an I have one with a folder an a 16" barrel I sling over my shoulder when on the ATV out in south dakota . the one with a folder has the taticool look but will do any thing the stock one can . I think I have about $140 in total .

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I've got 3 counting the Charger,, and yes they are hard to beat.

I saw one of the StG 44-22's today,,,,I was disappointed, not anywhere as nice as they look in there pictures, and defiantly not worth 500,,guess I'll slide after all,,good thought, but not so hot quality,,

looks like something Mattell made honestly,,just a rough pot metal trigger group with casting marks still present everywhere and on many other parts too,,and that mag is really funky looking cheap. I'll save my money for something else instead. I kinda looks more like one of the not so impressive non firing replicas instead of a real gun to me. Going to pass.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I had a Charger an I found it sort of worthless for anything except bench shooting an then it was more of a novelty as the rifle was better sutted for that . I wanted really bad an once I got it I really found nothign to use it on LOL . Now if I could have a stock on in an a SBR stamp It would have been defferant.

I sold it for more than I paid for it.

I also saw a STG 44-22 an thought it was kind of cheap. sort of reminded me of a zombied up 10-22 in a way . I was cool an all but not some thing I really cared to have .

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Very true on the Charger, but I can pop clays with it at 200 yards,,,YES 200. I couldn't believe it either, nor could anyone else that saw me break 3 in a row at a party,, our annual ATF party. It sure surprised the Hell outa me too!! Shot gun shells @ 50-75 is no issue either. There actually,, quite accurate.

I've only got a very cheap 4x on it that isn't very great at all, but it's hard as hell to find a decent pistol scope for short dollars now. Anything decent seems to be starting at $200 plus. It's pretty hard to justify that much for a scope for it sense I only use it occasionally. Maybe 3-4 times a year, if that.

Making a "sbr" outa one,, would,, be pretty neat actually, with possibly a wire folder of some type on it,,,and it would be pretty handy actually,,another one of those "fun guns with no particular purpose" !! Kind of a semi auto version of a Stevens "Handy rifle" instead of being a single shot falling block. There are a couple tac cool stocks out there for them, forgot who makes them right now. If anyone wanted to go that route, that is,,but then it would be more of a maul ninja type thing then if you ask me. But another option for them anyhow.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Yea my charger shot jsut fine also an yea 200 yard ahots with a 22 LR are easy if you know the range a can adjust for it .
    it was jsut really akward to use . I had a leupold pistol scope on it it was just not easy to use .

a SBR would be cool but you can do that to a rifle also for about $100 less .

I have a pair of tricked out 10-22 with havy barrels 24x scopes with mill dots we ere shooting P dogs out to 328 yards . It took some dooing but once we got the range dialed in it was pretty easy . at hat range 10 yards makes a ton of differance . I / we were stunned at how far a 22 lr could make hits at . my buddy had a stock rifle with a 18 x scope an he made soem 285 hits as well . at that range the P dogs dont even know there bneing shot at most of the time .

I keep one of my target 22's zeroed at 100 yards an its pretty deadly if the wind is down . the mill dots are a must for long range s 22lr shooting IMO .

I have some target 22 lr pistol plans in mind . for a future build .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.