Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: GSG STG44 .22lr

Feedback Score

Default GSG STG44 .22lr

Does anyone own one of these? Anyone fired one?

I want one, I have no prctical reason for wanting it other than it is uber cool.

So tell me what you know! Please.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I got a chance to handle one at a friend's shop last month. It's heavy, all metal, feels like the real deal. Beautifully constructed. Hell yeah I want one now. Sure, it's just a range toy, but hey.

Only comes with one mag, boo. I could do without the wooden case it comes in if it would save a few bucks but apparently that's not an option. Once the buttstock is mounted on the gun it doesn't fit in the case.
    Certified AR-15/M-16 Armorer / SIG Pistol Armorer

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I got a chance to handle one at a friend's shop last month. It's heavy, all metal, feels like the real deal. Beautifully constructed. Hell yeah I want one now. Sure, it's just a range toy, but hey.

Only comes with one mag, boo. I could do without the wooden case it comes in if it would save a few bucks but apparently that's not an option. Once the buttstock is mounted on the gun it doesn't fit in the case.
    Certified AR-15/M-16 Armorer / SIG Pistol Armorer

Feedback Score

I like the look of it and actually I like the heft of it. There is one at a local gun shop for $619 and I may just snap it up as an early retirement present to myself. As I said I have no logical reason for needing it, I just simply WANT it!!

Feedback Score

I have the GSG 522 which is well made, I have looked at the STG it looks well made kinda spendy but hey we want what we want
    Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows that as a government grows, LIBERTY DECREASES."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score

Yeah, it is pricey, I could buy 2 more 1o/22's for the money. Or even a shotgun or 2...But dang it, if it is a good functioning rifle I want it!!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

They function great, a friend bought one before they even hit the retailers, local dealer ordered a couple at the Shot Show when they first introduced them, I liked it so much I went and got one.

They are very close to the weight of a real STG44, I looked on the web for info about the real ones and a few sites had the weight, I snuck mine into work and put it on the shipping scale (between shifts) an it's about a pound or so lighter.

As for shooting you need to move the rear sight to a higher setting, we were shooting ours at 70-75 yards and it was hitting low with the rear sight slide set all the way down (back), and yes it's really accurate for an open sighted gun.

And yes the gun is expensive for a 22, but as you mentioned, it's the "cool factor" that makes it worth it.
    The other down side is mags, it only comes with one and most places want $50-60 each (which is crazy), a few places have them listed for $40 but they're always out or sell out as soon as they get them.

So if you really like it, which it sounds like you do, just get it. I don't think they are going to go down in price anytime soon, and who knows how many they are going to make.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Coils,

Thanks for the info. I like that to me it looks exactly like a STG-44. I am glad it is a good shooter.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I handled one at the last gunshow. I need one now. I wish someone would make one in a centerfire caliber.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I too handled one last December a week before the event, the price was $500 and change, it came in a crate, felt like the real thing. I have seen extra mags on sturm for sale, I did not get it because i own a EG MPi-69 & one expensive 22lr is more than the wife will allow
    but they are nice Copes has them for sale
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.