Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 115

Thread: Mr Zimmerman is Free

  1. #71
    BANNED FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,458
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    Hey, if you're dumb enough to bring Skittles to a gunfight.........
    Hey, if you're dumb enough to get into a fight with someone who can kick your ass who cares just shoot them.

  2. #72
    BANNED FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,458
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Are you opposed to Stand your ground or Castle Doctrine laws? If Zimmerman was a woman or 80 uear old man would you change your opinion? I don't want you to Shut Up. Myself and others here want to help and educate you and show you the error of your thoughts. Kind of like Star Wars and bring you back from the dark side.
    No, I believe that we have the right to defend ourselves against attack and that my home is mine and I have the right to defend it. The difference is I look at each shooting individually and sorry, I don't automatically side with the shooter. If I think they were wrong, or responsible for the incident leading up to the need for the shots to be fired I will say so. I firmly believe Zimmerman provoked this incident and nothing any of you say will change that.

    Castle Doctrine doesn't apply to the Zimmerman case because it wasn't his property. Stand your ground seems kind of far fetched becuse Zimmerman approached Trayvon initially.

    The age, sex, race, ethnicity, color, religious, or political beliefs of the shooter have no bearing to me whether I believe the shooting is righteouss or not. If an 80 year old woman shoots a kid knocking on her door selling magazines to support little league and kills them, I don't care how scared she was that is murder plain and simple and she needs to go to jail.

    I don't have an error of thought. I am a strong advocate of the second ammendment, I am a gun owner, I believe in concealed carry and I need to get my own permit soon. I also believe that some people, when they strap on a gun, have the belief that they are invincible and can do things that a rational man would look at afterwards and say "What the hell were you thinking?" I will defend my family to my very last breath with whatever means are necessary, if I have to, but I am not sitting here in the dark, clutching my pistol, shotgun by my side, hoping for the opportunity to shoot someone. I think many times you guys come off almost blood thirsty in your descriptions and stories of how you can't wait for society to collapse so you can stack "bad guys" like cord wood at the ends of your driveways. Sorry that isn't me. I will do what I have to but not with any happiness about it.

  3. #73
    Gunco Regular wpflgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    765
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    Default

    Save your keystrokes, Willie, been down this path before. The ideology is set, and there is no interest in truth or logic that gets in the way...

  4. #74
    BANNED FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,458
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wpflgun View Post
    Save your keystrokes, Willie, been down this path before. The ideology is set, and there is no interest in truth or logic that gets in the way...
    Dude, if that ain't the pot calling the kettle black I don't know what is.

  5. #75
    Gunco Regular willie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Harris Co. Jail
    Posts
    603
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    FU,
    You skated around the question.
    If Zimmerman was a woman or 80 year old man would you change your opinion?
    Fact .... TM was beating and pounding GZ.

    Did you watch TM girlfriend on PM? New spin not brought up at the trial that TM thought that GZ was a gay and TM went to beat crazy ass cracker GZ? If you can believe anything Rachel Jeantel says.

  6. #76
    Gunco Regular wpflgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    765
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Dude, if that ain't the pot calling the kettle black I don't know what is.
    I offer you the same challenge as I did in the past: point out the factual inconsistencies and I will be happy to act accordingly. I stated the facts as they are on record, identified claims by Zimmerman that either are supported by the facts or cannot be disproved.

    You, on the other hand, claim Zimmerman was told to stay in his car (he wasn't); claim he was told to stop following Trayvon (dispatcher said "we don't need you to do that.", did not command it) and that Zimmerman continued to follow Trayvon (Zimmerman says he immediately stopped and turned to go back to his car, not provable, but no evidence exists to disprove his assertion). You claim to have knowledge that Zimmerman has some kind of ego problem that carrying a gun made him feel superior or like a big man, none of which is supported by any evidence other than the innuendo and unfounded claims by the prosecution. The jury heard this and didn't buy it.

    You fail to accept that, according to evidence and witness statements, Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman as Zimmerman screamed for help several times as he was being beaten. Yes, Trayvon was packing Skittles and an iced tea, which he could have been sitting on his living room eating and drinking had he used the 4 minutes after the initial encounter with Zimmerman walking a mere 100 yards home instead of lingering or doubling back.

    According to Zimmerman, he was lawfully carrying his concealed handgun on his way to a Target grocery store, not out itching for a fight patrolling the streets. No facts disprove his claim. I live 30 miles from where this happened...nine years ago I sat in intensive care with my son who was in a coma, and a man in the bed next to him was on life support after bring shot while walking his dog...things have gotten worse, not better the last nine years.

  7. #77
    GuncoHolic 2ndAmendican's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Taylors, S.C.
    Posts
    4,574
    Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    No, I believe that we have the right to defend ourselves against attack and that my home is mine and I have the right to defend it. The difference is I look at each shooting individually and sorry, I don't automatically side with the shooter. If I think they were wrong, or responsible for the incident leading up to the need for the shots to be fired I will say so. I firmly believe Zimmerman provoked this incident and nothing any of you say will change that.

    Castle Doctrine doesn't apply to the Zimmerman case because it wasn't his property. Stand your ground seems kind of far fetched becuse Zimmerman approached Trayvon initially.

    The age, sex, race, ethnicity, color, religious, or political beliefs of the shooter have no bearing to me whether I believe the shooting is righteouss or not. If an 80 year old woman shoots a kid knocking on her door selling magazines to support little league and kills them, I don't care how scared she was that is murder plain and simple and she needs to go to jail.

    I don't have an error of thought. I am a strong advocate of the second ammendment, I am a gun owner, I believe in concealed carry and I need to get my own permit soon. I also believe that some people, when they strap on a gun, have the belief that they are invincible and can do things that a rational man would look at afterwards and say "What the hell were you thinking?" I will defend my family to my very last breath with whatever means are necessary, if I have to, but I am not sitting here in the dark, clutching my pistol, shotgun by my side, hoping for the opportunity to shoot someone. I think many times you guys come off almost blood thirsty in your descriptions and stories of how you can't wait for society to collapse so you can stack "bad guys" like cord wood at the ends of your driveways. Sorry that isn't me. I will do what I have to but not with any happiness about it.
    in general, I agree with you Fyredup. I'm not going to support the shooter if he was in the wrong, but from the "evidence" presented, not just public opinion, or political spin, I truly believe that Zimmerman turned around and was walking back to his vehicle when Trayvon circled around and attacked him. Whatever happened before that is inconsequential. The issue started when Trayvon attacked and started beating Zimmerman. Once he was on the ground, and felt that he was losing conciousness and in fear for his life, he used the means at his disposal to stop the attack. Period! He did what anyone here or anywhere would have done. So no I do not support him over Trayvon because he was the shooter, nor because he was a hispanic "white". I support him because he was in the right at that specific moment that the gun fired, and thats all that matters. The police agreed, the evidence agreed. The jury agreed. End of story.

    Now if he had actually done what the media and Sharpton claimed, which was to hunt down a defenseless little child who went to the store to buy some candy, and ruthlessly shot him because he was black, then hell yes, that is WRONG!!! I would definitely NOT support that. Period.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

    "If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

  8. #78
    Gunco Member trukfixr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    175
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    Default

    Zimmerman got out of his truck & walked on a sidewalk talking to police.When the dispatcher told him to he turned around to walk back to his truck.Nothing illegal there.Martin is walking through yards talking trash on a phone.Nothing illegal here-just not too friendly.The only thing Zimmerman did wrong was turning his back on this punk.Martin created the problem when he jumped Z.Z yelled for help long enough for someone to call 911 & who knows how long after the call.You don't wait until you're knocked out or dead before you defend yourself.I'd say he showed great restraint before shooting.If someone actually would have come & helped this would be a non-issue.Hasn't anyone considered that?That's the real problem.Most folks would rather lay blame than simply help.
    When all else fails-read the instructions!

  9. #79
    BANNED FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,458
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    FU,
    You skated around the question.
    If Zimmerman was a woman or 80 year old man would you change your opinion?
    Fact .... TM was beating and pounding GZ.

    Did you watch TM girlfriend on PM? New spin not brought up at the trial that TM thought that GZ was a gay and TM went to beat crazy ass cracker GZ? If you can believe anything Rachel Jeantel says.
    Frankly, you scenario is silly. What 80 year old man or woman is a neighborhood watch captain? What 80 year old man or woman would intervene like Zimmerman did?

    If Zimmerman stays in his truck he doesn't get into a confrontation and get his ass beat. It is that simple.

    The media will spin this forever however they wish to.

  10. #80
    BANNED FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,458
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wpflgun View Post
    I offer you the same challenge as I did in the past: point out the factual inconsistencies and I will be happy to act accordingly. I stated the facts as they are on record, identified claims by Zimmerman that either are supported by the facts or cannot be disproved.

    Disprove that Trayvon wasn't doing anything illegal when Zimmerman decided to get involved. Disprove that if Zimmerman stays in his vehicle and reports Trayvon's moments no confrontation occurs.

    Frankly, whether Zimmerman's account is true, partly true, or completely fabricated makes no difference to me. The only other witness is dead. AND once again, if Zimmerman stays in his truck no fight occurs.



    You, on the other hand, claim Zimmerman was told to stay in his car (he wasn't); claim he was told to stop following Trayvon (dispatcher said "we don't need you to do that.", did not command it) and that Zimmerman continued to follow Trayvon (Zimmerman says he immediately stopped and turned to go back to his car, not provable, but no evidence exists to disprove his assertion). You claim to have knowledge that Zimmerman has some kind of ego problem that carrying a gun made him feel superior or like a big man, none of which is supported by any evidence other than the innuendo and unfounded claims by the prosecution. The jury heard this and didn't buy it.

    And Zimmerman has no self interest in telling the story to his best interest...

    Where did I say carry a gun gave him an ego problem? Please quote me so I can correct that. I don't think the gun had anything to do with his need to feel important.


    You fail to accept that, according to evidence and witness statements, Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman as Zimmerman screamed for help several times as he was being beaten. Yes, Trayvon was packing Skittles and an iced tea, which he could have been sitting on his living room eating and drinking had he used the 4 minutes after the initial encounter with Zimmerman walking a mere 100 yards home instead of lingering or doubling back.

    And no one ever starts a fight and realizes "Oh shit, I am gonna get my ass kicked."

    According to Zimmerman, he was lawfully carrying his concealed handgun on his way to a Target grocery store, not out itching for a fight patrolling the streets. No facts disprove his claim. I live 30 miles from where this happened...nine years ago I sat in intensive care with my son who was in a coma, and a man in the bed next to him was on life support after bring shot while walking his dog...things have gotten worse, not better the last nine years.

    Then move. If I lived in constant fear for my family's safety where I lived I would move. Because despite what many think here carrying a gun only guarantees that you are carrying a gun. It doesn't guarantee you won't be laying face down dead with your gun still in the holster.
    If he nev er leaves the truck, none of this occurs.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •