Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to serve a warrant: 1972 versus today

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default How to serve a warrant: 1972 versus today

How to serve a warrant: 1972 versus today, by Lt. Harry Thomas

This past week I was over on Officer.com trying to convince some hot-headed, patriot-hating young cops that the Constitution is actually the law of the land. I failed. One of them refers to open carriers as “attention whores.” I was denounced as a traitor to law enforcement for insisting that gun owners actually have rights that LEO’s are legally and morally bound to respect.

It got me thinking about the great gulf that separates the law enforcement profession that I knew as compared to the one that exists today. I never thought I’d be one of those geezers that says, “I just don’t understand this younger generation today!” But the fact is, I am, and I don’t.

I offer this retrospective and comparison: http://www.policestateusa.com/archives/144

Black Blade: Very good article.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

The writer is part-right. The asshat drug war has something to do with it. I put the rest on the education system in this country. When you have 75% of the teachers coming from the bottom 33% of their graduating class, you're turning out some stoopid people on both sides of the badge. Until we turn this around, and show the thugs that, NO. YOU ARE NOT THE FIRST RESPONDERS. WE ARE THE FIRST RESPONDERS. AND YOU ARE OUR BACKUP, we're a little screwed. I tell and show my guys that as often as I can, with out preaching.
    You know I've got more, but I'm tired. I'm going to bed. Good night.
    Hunter

Feedback Score

Mr. Blade. Go back to the article you posted and click on the <Lt. Harry Thomas> link. Check out the short 'About Lt. Harry Thomas' paragraph.
    Good night again.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

We had a couple swat units set up here in Vt a few years back and so far they have been called out, "Officially" only 3 times in >10 years,,,,now that's pretty damn cost effective, ain't it!!! I don't even know how many people are even in those units, Quite a few when you figure out whats involved,,,but that has to be pretty damn expensive to maintain and train all that goes into a unit like that. I see them occasionally at fairs, and doing recruiting with 6-8 guys around them most of the time,,,???? Tax dollars at work?????

Now there purposing to spend another 1.2 mil to upgrade there "armored vechs." to the ones like there using in Afghanistan right now. WTF??? For what??? This is Vt ,,, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE,,,,there's more people in Boston than there is in the whole of Vermont!!!! Guess you could pull out farmer Johns P/U outa the ditch while you're on the way to the Field Days Fair I guess,,,but that's a pretty damn expensive wrecker / public relations service,, if you ask me!.

With 3 calls in >10 years, you'd think they'd just have an agreement to work in conjunction with the National Guard should such a dangerous situation arise where such equipment was needed. Use there/our gear for such an operations. Guard units are all over hell and can respond just as fast as a PD if that big of an operation should come up, plus there just better trained and equipped for real combat where such force would be required. Why have such extreme and expensive units in a rural area where's there is more damn cows per sq mile than people????? Just have two rapid response teams of 6 men each, centrally located with quick access to the Air Guards choppers and they could cover the entire state within 20 minute's. Same could be done in every other state too, just expand to accommodate for the states size and population. Pretty simple and way more cost effective to use what we have ,,,in conjunction with existing resources available such as Air Guard units, every fair size city doesn't need it's own armored vehicles and choppers. Ridiculous!!!

Everyone's been saying here lately,,,,
    "Don't bitch,, come up with a solution",,,,well there's just one for ya,,,,how many billions would that save nation wide???

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Where I work, you get your own intel, Write your own warrant, then you serve your warrant to the bad guy. They get arrested and everyone did the job right because there is no passing the buck, its your (My) mess, you clean it up. The only time things get passed off is #1 the bad guy moves. #2 he's a real asshat and you call SWAT because he's barricaded himself in a house.
    The less cooks in the kitchen the better.
    Pryotex is TEC Tactical, A Licensed 07/SOT

Feedback Score

I agree that the constitution is the law of the land, but is it really? I consider requiring a CWP is against the constitution.
    We have the RIGHT to bear arms, its does not say with a bogus certificate. It also says this shall not be infringed, imo requiring a cwp for a non criminal law abiding citizen 21+ is infringing on that right. The cost of the cwp here is about 200 thats alot of ammo or a handgun, its taxation and and a tracking method

Feedback Score

akdude, I guess you don't have one. FINGERPRINT PROCESSING FEE; $42.00...INITIAL LICENSE FEE; $70.00.... TOTAL; $112
    GOOD FOR 7 YEARS....$1.33 PER MONTH
    RENEWAL; $60.00
    GOOD FOR 7 YEARS....$0.72 PER MONTH
    If you do it right, NO LAW ENFORCEMENT IS INVOLVED.
    It's issued by Dept of Agriculture; same people that give you a license to sell hotdogs on the side if the road.
    I agree, it is infringement. We all can't be freakin Vermont. But if you're complaining of the cost, your numbers are wrong and you are way off base.
    Hunter

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_02 View Post
    akdude, I guess you don't have one. FINGERPRINT PROCESSING FEE; $42.00...INITIAL LICENSE FEE; $70.00.... TOTAL; $112
    GOOD FOR 7 YEARS....$1.33 PER MONTH
    RENEWAL; $60.00
    GOOD FOR 7 YEARS....$0.72 PER MONTH
    If you do it right, NO LAW ENFORCEMENT IS INVOLVED.
    It's issued by Dept of Agriculture; same people that give you a license to sell hotdogs on the side if the road.
    I agree, it is infringement. We all can't be freakin Vermont. But if you're complaining of the cost, your numbers are wrong and you are way off base.
    Hunter
    It ranged from 200 to around 150 depending on the course taken and which instructor, and no cwp for me.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Well Pyrotex it seem like you may still be in a department/place that takes care of business just as it should be. I don't know what part of the country your from but it sounds like the dept your with handles things the way it should be. I am glad I don't have those responsibilities now, it's a different world now where you damn near need a score card to separate the players. Lately it seems some of the cops are just as bad as the perps,I'm sure you've work with some you'd much rather not, I sure have,,, My LE experiences were all pretty tame compared to the ass bags you have to contend with now days. Attitudes of everyone have changed so much now and there's so little respect shown by anyone ,, towards anyone else,, I'm glad I'm done with it. I got sick enough of the BS Drama enough as it was ,, even back then, can't even imagine putting up with people the way they are now.

Good luck to ya brother and stay safe out there. There's allot more stupid people out there nowadays and way more drugged up idiots to contend with than ,, I EVER ,,had to deal with. Sadly it's a whole new world on them "mean ol streets".

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

+1 permits to carry firearms are unconstitutional and unnecessary!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.