Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Springfield Armory Issues Safety Recall on XD(s) Pistols

Feedback Score

My XDs was my first polymer pistol. I like it very much. I don't think the recoil is bad at all, and at the realistic ranges I would use it at it is more than accurate enough. I did get it in .45, based on nothing more than I like the .45. My other .45 is a full sized 1911A1.

To me what a pistol is made of is less important than reliability and accuracy for the task.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    To me what a pistol is made of is less important than reliability and accuracy for the task.
    Amen...
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score

I absolutely agree with Mr FyredUp about reliability and accuracy over materials. However, if you have pistols that you KNOW are reliable and accurate but don't fit and feel as well as pistols that you KNOW are accurate and reliable and also feel as though they are an extension of your body, you must chose the second group.
    Especially if they've kept you alive and coming back home for almost half a century.
    Hunter

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_02 View Post
    I absolutely agree with Mr FyredUp about reliability and accuracy over materials. However, if you have pistols that you KNOW are reliable and accurate but don't fit and feel as well as pistols that you KNOW are accurate and reliable and also feel as though they are an extension of your body, you must chose the second group.
    Especially if they've kept you alive and coming back home for almost half a century.
    Hunter
    I guess I would question the validity of a pistol purchase that doesn't fit and feel well in your hand. My 1911A1 fits and feels great in my hand, the issue is I don't think that I could conceal that adequately. The XDs, fits and feels good in my hand, better than some other smaller pistols I have tried. I am able to hit what I am shooting at within normal self defense ranges. To me, its smaller more concealable size, and .45 acp, make it a perfect choice for a concealed carry gun.

To me a pistol is a personal choice. I know many here tout the wonders of Glocks but I just don't like them. They don't feel right n my hand. That doesn't make them a bad gun, just a bad choice for me.

Feedback Score

FyredUp, I'm with you when it comes to Blocks. Life's too short to shoot ugly guns.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Yup guy's,,,i can't agree more, the plastic guns just don't feel right when I shoot them and I can't get anywhere the consistency as I do with a steel gun. I still say it's about the balance, at least for me it is.

I only have one plastic fantastic, the 380 Bodyguard, and in that size gun there's no real difference in feel to me than a steel one of the same size. I get into the larger frame ones though and I shoot like a friggin armature!!!

Lots of folks love them,,but not me. Yes even though I like the Bodyguard,,,,real steel is ,,,STILL,,, the real deal!!! To me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.