Thread: Spearfishing

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Default Spearfishing

Since there has been a serious lack of building and shooting going on in my life lately, I took up a new sport. Spearfishing! Well, I just got a speargun last weekend, but for the past month or two ive been using a 3pc breakdown 6ft pole spear. Too much fun.

Speared this guy in about 8 feet of water in some grass. California Corbina!

And here is what we did with the tail section last night. DEEEEELICIOUS fish tacos! BBQ'd with some season salt and garlic powder. Yum!

Feedback Score

Hell yeah brother that's one thing I miss about Kalifornia. Me and some buddies used to go scallop fishing (I guess that's what you call it) off the Long Beach Coast. Good catch though keep it up.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

I stuck this guy just off the south side of the Jetty on Del Mar beach int he 21 Area. Pretty surprised at how many nice size fish there are just living within feet of the shore.

Feedback Score

Ok now I gotta call a buddy of mine. All my time at Pendleton and I always told him fishing off Del Mar beach would have been a lost cause. Never thought of the Jetty though. Oh well you just proved me wrong.

Oh Del Mar beach how many nights I have forgotten there. Fire water is a damn good "delete" key for your brain when you get together and rent a cabin on the beach.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Indeed it is, one of the few beaches in the Kali that you can still have a cold one! The Corbina hit the surf line like crazy, right up in ankle deep water tryin to eat the sand crabs. Pretty cool. I tried spear fishing with a polespear up in Oregon when I was on leave with a buddy of mine, loved it. Last time I went right off the south side of the jetty, about 200yds out from the little kiddy beach area/entrance to the boat basin. big patches of seagrass there, tons of feeder fish, smelt, etc. croaker and corbina and perch hang out there a lot. Going to go back out tomorrow afternoon if we get out early enough. and hit it friday since our Battalion gets a 72.

Tell your buddy if he needs someone to go with im always down! as long as the war department(wife) authorizes it. You ever coming out this way?

Feedback Score

I might be headed back there, but who knows with the way PCS orders are going. With my luck I would get Oki unaccompanied. But I'll give my buddy a shout to see where he is I know he is somewhere on the left coast.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

O.K. Marine, you just broke me.. Damn I was fasting for a V.A. test tomorrow.. Took one look at that food, that was it.. Done.. Cold beer and an Italian sub.. Frig their blood test..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

4th Today is day one of the NFL Season. You are a stronger man than me. I bought so much beer the wife went to the room to watch T.V. I'm going to be paying for tonight for the rest of the week. If you asked me "fast" is just something I wish I was.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.