Gunco Forums banner

Colorado Gun Law Recall 9/10

2K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Coils 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Sofar the scuttlebutt here is were doing well.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/thespot/...l-guns/100196/

If he does get voted out this will set the precedent for other states to do the same.
But what has me worried is all the money Bloomy is dumping to save his ass.Also the same day voter registration.
It is said if you live in Colorado for more than 22 days and plan on moving to the district you can vote.Now I wonder how many busloads did Bloomy send down here???

#6 ·
My 2nd cousin lives in pueblo, I sent her a e-mail yesterday, we are not close but she comes from a pro2a family, her hubby is from virginia good olde boy
I asked her if she is not decided or was not going to vote to vote for me, I am waitng for her reply

#14 ·
well i should have played the lottery not one word in the left wing media about this lose, huffington post has nothing, you can be 100% sure if the recall was not successful thats all we would have heard about except for 9/11 tributes and the stupid speech last night to try to convince us to support the enemies of our nation

oh do we need 5 seperate threads about this story, what does that accomplish

#12 · (Edited)
And the bitch is gone as well!!
A double hitter!!

The events here today ring a clear message,they work for the people and not the other way around.
Fail to perform your job and your fired!!

Dems spent 3 mil to our 500k and we still won! And don't forget their underhanded tricks at voter fraud as well.

This will be a message sent across the country! We will take it back,even if we have to do it one district at a time!!

http://www.fox21news.com/news/story.aspx?id=945064#.Ui_5177nbIW

#13 ·
:woot:
Thank you for letting us know how it turned out, and the link to the article, I tried to listen to the radio today but didn't hear anything about it.

#20 ·
'I'm Going to Cut You Off Right There': CNN Anchor Calls Out Ousted Colorado Democrat for Blaming Recall on 'Voter Suppression'...

..."I’ve read reports on lack of popularity on your behalf. Let’s just not go there.”

Sep. 12, 2013 5:00pm Jason Howerton

Refusing to accept her defeat gracefully, recalled Colorado state Sen. Angela Giron appeared on CNN Thursday to blame her embarrassing ouster on “voter suppression.” Earlier this week, Colorado residents voted to recall Giron and Democratic Senate President John Morse over a number of gun control laws they helped pushed through the Legislature.

“We know what really happened here. Yes, we had the strong NRA and you have a person like Mr. Head, but what this story is really about, it’s about voter suppression,” Giron said.

The former state senator claimed that 70 percent of Colorado residents vote by mail, but there was no mail-in voting for the recall election. Surprisingly, she was quickly called out by a CNN anchor.

“OK, forgive me, but I’m going to cut you off right there. Because if we talk voter suppression, I’ve read reports on lack of popularity on your behalf. Let’s just not go there,” CNN’s Brooke Baldwin said.

Being reprimanded by the CNN anchor left Giron looking like this:

Recalled Colorado Sen. Angela Giron Blames Voter Suppression on CNN

(Credit: CNN)

Baldwin went on to remind Giron that she and Morse were backed by “mega, mega cash” from Michael Bloomberg’s Mayors Against Illegal Guns compared to the “grassroots effort” to recall the lawmakers over a number of unpopular gun control laws.

“The Colorado recall battle drew more than $3.5 million in campaign contributions. But the bulk of it – nearly $3 million – came from opponents of the recall drive who support stricter gun control, figures from the secretary of state’s office showed,” Reuters reports. Bloomberg personally donated $350,000 to a group fighting the recall.

On the flip-side, the National Rifle Associated donated $368,000 to support the recall effort, which pulled in only $500,000 total from the pro-gun lobby.

“What happened?” Baldwin asked.

Giron, visibly flustered, replied: “I’m telling you what happened is that you had, um, only, um, 30,000 of the voters, who in the last election, off-year election, was 45,000. So the people that are, um, in support of very common sense, um, gun legislation weren’t able to get to the polls. They vote by ballot and they have been doing that for 25 years. We have to call it for what it is.”

[video=youtube;NNcWCxVIIkQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNcWCxVIIkQ[/video]

The Democrat then sought to downplay the fact that her recall was clearly based on her support of gun control measures. She claimed that the voters she talked to didn’t believe that universal background checks and limiting magazine capacity to 15 rounds infringe on the Second Amendment.

“People didn’t know what it was about. There was voter confusion,” she added. “We didn’t even know what the rules of the game were.”

In reality, voters, including many Democrats, were angered by the new limits on ammunition magazines and expanded background checks. Gun-rights activists were able to file enough voter signatures for the recall elections – the first for state legislators since Colorado adopted the procedure in 1912. The recalls were seen as a serious indicator in the national debate over gun rights.

As TheBlaze previously reported, the recall election was reportedly started by six “regular guys” who were fed-up with lawmakers ramming gun control laws down the throats of voters and ignoring the Second Amendment.

#23 ·
Sprat I know I'm putting my nose in where it doesn't belong, but maybe he didn't bother looking to see what was posted and just threw it up there, or he could be thinking of those that have dial up yet so they can just read it.

But thank you both for posting that.
And that woman has very little grasp on reality, "it was voter fraud", hmmm maybe it's time to pass that law that citizens have to show a valid ID before they can vote, oh that's right that would be an act of racism.
I could say more but I'll leave it at that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.