Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: My second hobby

Feedback Score

Too bad they stopped producing the Z-Rex. Sweet bike.

Feedback Score

Yes they are a very nice bike, but add a turbo with 15 lbs of boost like mine and it's fricking spooky.
    It's really too much bike for me, but is a blast to ride. I don't have to shift down to pass anything, but I do just to hear the turbo.
    HART SYSTEMS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evr_tP9cJWY
    Pull up your pants, turn off that damn rap and speak clear English, if you want to talk to me.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Kenny, you gotta quit brother, you're killin me!!!!!! LOL. I am seriously getting the lust for another Kawi. Dangit!!!!
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    Kenny, you gotta quit brother, you're killin me!!!!!! LOL. I am seriously getting the lust for another Kawi. Dangit!!!!
    Lol!
    I just really enjoy building things, always have. I'm just about ready to crank up this old drag bike that was over boosted.
    I went through the whole top end, installed APE cylinder studs and had Mr. Turbo inspect the old RaJay turbo.

This is how it looks after being all assembled last night.
    I added longer front forks for ground clearance and modified the bike for a K&N Harley air filter. I just need to shim the valves and it's ready to start. Fingers crossed. lol
    It still needs to have rear shocks and a dual disk brake front wheel installed. I'll change them out the next time I go pick up parts from my parents house.
    HART SYSTEMS
    Pull up your pants, turn off that damn rap and speak clear English, if you want to talk to me.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Damn, that is one bad@ss bike Kenny!!!!!!!! When it's done, what type of power do you think it'll put to the pavement? If you get to the point where there are just to many Kawis and parts in your way, remember me. I'll gladly take some off your hands!! LOL. Looking good brother.

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    Damn, that is one bad@ss bike Kenny!!!!!!!! When it's done, what type of power do you think it'll put to the pavement? If you get to the point where there are just to many Kawis and parts in your way, remember me. I'll gladly take some off your hands!! LOL. Looking good brother.
    Thanks.
    To be honest, I really don't know how much power the KZ will put to the pavement with the 1075 setup? (It also has a set of 1325 cylinders and turbo pistons if it isn't fast enough)
    I don't even know what the waste gate is set at? http://www.mrturbo.com/turbo-sys/kawasaki/kz/kz.html I'll have to take it for a drive and see.
    My 1100 ZRX is set at 15 lbs of boost and it kicks out 250 hp at the rear wheel. http://www.mrturbo.com/turbo-sys/kawasaki/zrx/zrx.html
    The previous owner only rode the KZ one time before blowing the head gasket and never rode it again. It still has the hone marks in the cylinders.
    I still don't understand why he thought he could ride the bike without a waste gate??????
    I have too many Kaws now! Come down in the spring and ride a few, maybe you will want to take one home with you? I have a horse stall full of Kaws I've been working on and they are all different prices, depending on what you want to spend. (I'll be fare and give you the best deal I can) I just enjoy bringing them back to life.

Plus, I also have this wrecked 1976 KZ900 with 1800 original miles. (Z1 motor) I picked it up last week.
    Frame and lower engine case took a bad hit in 1980, but I have another 1976 900 frame and matching motor cases. I'm just waiting on the bonded title for the donor frame.

HART SYSTEMS

Feedback Score

Great work and the cleanest work area I have seen. ., I have fiddled a bit with a few motorcycles but wish I had your talent. Building AK's is child's play compared to those Kawi builds you have completed.
    I used to go to the bike 1/4 mile drags races in Gainesville FLa, Valdosta Ga., and here in Ohio at National Trails and Norwalk (Summit Racing) The Kawi's and Suzuki's ruled for the most part. The Super Bike races at Mid- Ohio are sweet too. Carry on. with those builds.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Kenny, if I hit the lottery, I'll definitely take one or three off your hands. LOL. I may have to visit and check out the collection though. :-) Thanks!!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I love the magneto on it.

I want to turbo a Suzuki .

A 1300 cc Suzuki samurai . LOL

I have a 48 mm Makuni flat slide for a Harley i want to figure out how to make it work with a turbo . it a down the road project .

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by akblue View Post
    Great work and the cleanest work area I have seen. ., I have fiddled a bit with a few motorcycles but wish I had your talent. Building AK's is child's play compared to those Kawi builds you have completed.
    I used to go to the bike 1/4 mile drags races in Gainesville FLa, Valdosta Ga., and here in Ohio at National Trails and Norwalk (Summit Racing) The Kawi's and Suzuki's ruled for the most part. The Super Bike races at Mid- Ohio are sweet too. Carry on. with those builds.
    My step dad used to make me clean his work area in our shop as a kid. I hated it at the time, but it taught make some good lessons to follow.
    I really don't have any special talent's. I've learned a lot from watching others, listening and trial and error.
    (More error than anything on this old drag bike).
    Trying to recreate what guys did with these bikes 30+ years ago has been a challenge. Not a lot of info was really ever made public because a turbo KZ wasn't something everyone had.
    I was under the impression that this was a fresh motor from the previous owner, that was just a over boosted.
    I fixed all the problems I seen, plus the blown head gasket before doing a leak down test.
    Now I have 110 lbs of compression and 30% leak down. I'm going to double check my reading with my buddies equipment, but it looks l get to tear down the motor again for a ring and hone job. Fudge!!!!!!

P.S. AK's can be quite complicated. I'd never even built a AK, when I attempted to make one in 9mm.
    This is the second 9mm Vityaz clone I designed, sitting next to my 40 waste gate I'm having trouble trying to ID.
    The waste gate sitting next to my 9mm AK has a spring inside that still has some color code paint on it. From the old racers I've talked too, I think it's a 7.5 lbs spring
    So I backed the spring off and set it at 8 lbs of boost for now. I'm keeping the boost low so I can run pump gas.
    HART SYSTEMS

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.