Thread: Politicians Given “Invisible” License Plates That Make Them Immune To Traffic Laws

Feedback Score

Default Politicians Given “Invisible” License Plates That Make Them Immune To Traffic Laws

http://benswann.com/politicians-give...-traffic-laws/

Although politicians are “public servants,” they often think they are above the law.

And in Colorado, they actually are above the law.

Colorado lawmakers do not have to follow traffic laws, as they are exempt from speeding and parking tickets. The legislators are issued special license plates that are “invisible” to both traffic cams and traffic tickets. Their specially-issued plates do not show up in the DMV database.

As reported by CBS Denver, “The plates issued to the 100 state lawmakers and representatives elected to serve Colorado are preventing them not only from receiving photo radar tickets but also collection notices from past due parking tickets.

The legislative plates are not entered into the Colorado DMV database, so when photo radar cameras catch these drivers speeding, they never received tickets. That’s because of a loophole that doesn’t allow the City of Denver to electronically cross-reference those plates with a home address.”

The same glitch also lets the politicians get away with parking tickets since most cities rely on the DMV database for collections.

In other words, even if an officer puts a parking ticket on a lawmaker’s car, there is no way to enforce that ticket since politician’s addresses are not present in the state DMV database.

Thanks to the invisible plates, there are currently $2,100 worth of unpaid tickets in Colorado.

Before this story broke in Colorado news, the state Department of Public Works said it was too “costly” to change the system and collect the unpaid tickets. Essentially, state bureaucrats thought it was too inconvenient to change a system that was already in their own favor.

But now that this story is getting traction, some politicians are giving the issue lip service and promising action.

State representative Chris Holbert said, “It’s absolutely unfair. We should be held accountable like any other citizen. We are elected to represent the people and there’s no reason for us to be treated differently.”

Similar abuse has also been rampant in Washington, DC (go figure). According to a 2008 report by the US Committee on Transportation:
    “Municipal, state and federal government agencies are among the biggest offenders when it comes to illegal parking and non-payment of parking citations. A report released last week by the US House Committee on Transportation documented 4000 cases last year where employees in federal vehicles skipped out on paying parking tickets worth $700,000 in Washington, DC and New York City. The total does not include unpaid tickets in foreign countries and other cities throughout the fifty states where 642,000 automobiles registered to the US government are in use.”
    Is it really any surprise that legislators are rarely interested in following their own laws?

Only when the media holds them responsible do politicians “step up” to fix systems where they unfairly benefit at the expense of us, the little guys.

Your thoughts on all of this? Let us know in the comments section below.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

That's always been the case, politicians have always thought there above the law, and think there just something special. Very similar to many of my cop, friends/acquaintances.

Do you know any well? If you do, you'll know what I mean. Not all I know are like that,,,,but most are !!!!

Feedback Score

Well I would hope elected officials in Colorado would tread a little more lightly as they know first hand what happens when they feel they are above the people as opposed to a part of them...
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

that is corrupt but nothing like the "house bank"---

where if your a member you can borrow unlimited funds and if your voted out of office the loans self liquidate !

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I would believe very little from the web site this story comes from . its full of consperiocy crap an twists every thing very very far .

there also running a story that the DC naval yard shoooter was taking sucide murder pills or some bull shit . or twisting what the was on into that .

Id take a huge grain of salt with any thing from that site.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Better yet they get a life time of free benefits ,,,,on us,,,,even if there removed from office for illegal/criminal offenses!! Plus there exempt from the "yommama care" there trying to shove down our gullet ,"cause they can't afford it???? WTF?? What makes them think I can afford it then while I'm on disability??? I don't get it???

Shit,,,,,I'm so broke most of the time I can't even pay attention!! Good thing I already had a bunch of toys.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I thought that Denver, CO was the home of the "Denver Boot"? Slap one of these babies on every illegally parked Politicians car and see how fast they pay up!

Politicians Given “Invisible” License Plates That Make Them Immune To Traffic Laws-cutwhole1.jpg

Feedback Score

Lets see, is it possible to steal an Invisible license plate? Quote - so when photo radar cameras catch these drivers speeding, they never received tickets. That’s because of a loophole that doesn’t allow the City of Denver to electronically cross-reference those plates with a home address. Sounds like you could get away with just about anything with a car.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and goverment, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so that the second will not become the legal version of the first" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.