Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Starbucks CEO says guns not welcome in stores

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Starbucks CEO says guns not welcome in stores

Starbucks CEO says guns not welcome in stores

Starbucks is becoming a gun-free zone.

After months of wrangling over the highly-emotional issue, Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz late Tuesday announced that guns are no longer permitted in Starbucks stores or in Starbucks outdoor seating areas.

Schultz made the comments in an open letter to his "Fellow Americans" that was posted on the company's website.

In an interview with USA TODAY, also Tuesday, Schultz says: "The presence of a weapon in our stores is unsettling and upsetting for many of our customers."

But, to be clear, Starbucks will not slap an outright ban on guns, he says, because enforcing such a ban "would potentially require our partners to confront armed customers."

Full-page newspaper advertisements announcing the change will appear in Thursday's editions of USA TODAY, the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal and the Washington Post.

For Starbucks, which has been embraced by the gun lobby for permitting guns in stores in those parts of more than 40 states that allow them, it's a major change of policy certain to have immediate blow-back from pro-gun enthusiasts.

Continued: http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...hultz/2829937/

Black Blade: Well, their coffee tastes like dog piss anyway. I tried it a couple times and was not at all impressed. I can go to my local coffee shop (owned by a LA hippy no less) where guns are no problemo at all. I tried a double cafe Americano in Starbucks in Salt Lake City airport and it was like drinking hot water. I tossed it after a couple sips. I guess besides low quality coffeewe now have low quality management willing to cave into political pressures.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

Never had a cop of coffee in my life. I don't understand the whole coffee shop atmosphere. I guess I am not cultured enough

Now I understandd sitting in a bar drinking tequilla, but that is a different story.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I suspect that to many open carry groups an types were going there to show off or be seen with guns.

I doubt it would have ever been a issue if people had never seized on the fact that starbucks was a gun friendly store.

I dont like there decision but I do know some groups would hang out here for the above reasons . apparently this has become bad for business .

there is a guy who is the grocery store ever day packing open . its obvious to me he is there only to walk around with a gun on his side then talk when people ask about it . IMO the guy a racist wack job just looking for trouble an is very vocal in the store on gun rights . eventually I suspect the store will ban guns because this one idiot .

There is a group in my area whos thing is to strap a gun on an all show up fior a gathering a resturant or other place an see if there confronted . the made news about 3 years ago when exactly that happend an the cops arrived an they refused to show ID or somehting .. theny were cited an then they won in court or it at least drew attention for them it worked . problem is joe blow customers dont want any part of it .

people need to just go about there daily business if they carry not try to make a spectical out of it . I know for a fact that some open carry groups hope the cops will come so they can push a legal issue or file suit.

Flame me if you want but some times gun owners our our own worst enemy's .

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i wouldn't drink starbucks brew if you paid me too.

no telling what some of those gay "partners" of theirs do to that coffee and coffee making equipment when no one is looking.

i think they might be "having their way" with the stuff and then giggeling when someone says their coffee don't taste right--

i'll take my chances with the chepo 3lb tins at wally world a brew it myself --

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Mis-read of the article. Thank you media wanting to sell newspapers for mis-informing us yet again...

The guy they interviewed said "they would not ask you to leave" if you brought in a gun... they are simply not wanting the crap that goes along with it (e.g. anti-gun demonstrations, etc). Can't say that I blame them... they aren't in the gun business after all.
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

EXACTLY pro gunnsrs ahve put them in political position they would rather not be in .

bottom line is they dont want to be campaing head quarters for every local open carry group they what to please every one an sell coffee .

I know for a fact that a local pro gun open carry group like to use them as a meeting spot . frankly some of those guys are idiots an scare the hell out of me.

being pro open carry is one thing do it if you want . getting a group together an shoving in every ones face looking for attention is wrong IMO . if your carrying a gun to be noticed or hoping for conflict you need a reality check . Sooner or later some is going to challange one of those idiots an its not going to end well .

I have seen the one group in person . they all want to talk a littel louder than every one they all want to preach about there rights if asked whats up . Wrong way to go about things IMO.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

a bunch of lottaie drinking quisch eating , wanna be hipsters who just wrote a book hang out there and drink $5 coffee all trying to get on the "opra" show.

a little PINK and light in the loafers but they got to know something --like how they was abused as a child , or pushed around by some big bad bullie or how the system is stacked against the GLB community.

i'm like thinking what kind of open carry guy wants to go into a starbucks anyway? there is all ways some hippiee in there writing some communist manifeto.

i hang out drink my coffee at joes diner or the waffle house --wherever the cute waitress is--LOL-- and listen to the loggers and truck drivers gripe about their bad backs--

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hcpookie View Post
    Mis-read of the article. Thank you media wanting to sell newspapers for mis-informing us yet again...

The guy they interviewed said "they would not ask you to leave" if you brought in a gun... they are simply not wanting the crap that goes along with it (e.g. anti-gun demonstrations, etc). Can't say that I blame them... they aren't in the gun business after all.
    Yeah I go along with that.. I am not against open carry, just think it has its time and place.. WTF if I am in Denali National Park in Alaska, I want a big iron strapped to my side..
    Go in a public food store, I don't want kids staring at my gun on my hip.. Unless their is a badge next to it.. Conceal the damn thing..
    Personally the videos I have seen, yes the carry people were 100% in their rights doing what they did.. But one lib homo gets upset, Police on the way, cameras come out. No we do not have to show you I.D..
    Some states, Vermont, Arizona I believe? Open carry is fully accepted.. But even here in gun friendly Florida, I walk downtown Daytona. Bet money the Police are going to ask who I am with a big iron on my hip..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

lol THAT WOULD BE LIKE ME HANGING MY 14" BARRELD AK PISTOL AROUND MY NECK WITH A DRUM AN WALKING AROUND TO SEE IF ANY ONE OBJECTS. THEN BITCHING ABOUT MY RIGHTS BEING VIOLATED .

iF YOU SEE ME PACKING A GUN ITS BECAUSE I PLAN ON USING IT AT ANY MOMENT . i DONT EXPEXCT TO NEED MY GUN AT ANY MOMENT IN THE GROCERY STORE OR THE PIZZA PIT OR THE COFFEE SHOP . iD RATHER HAVE THE ELEMENT OF SUPRISE ON ME .

i STILL HAVENT GOT MY CONCILED AN ITS BEEN LEGAL FOR 2 YEARS HERE . I DONT REALLY WORRY TO MUCH ABOUT THAT STUFF WERE I LIVE . I HAVE ARMS IN MY VECHICLES LEGALY IF I NEED ONE . YEA I KNOW YOU NEVER NOW WHEN SOME NUT IS GOING TO START SHOOTING IMIGANARY ZOMBIES .

THE TRUTH IS IM MORE LIKLEY TO BE KILLED DRIVING HOME BY A DRUNK OR HITTING A DEER ON THE ROAD . i KNOW A GUY WHO CARRIES TWO GUNS EVERY WERE AN A BUNCH OF MAGS. HE IS NOBODY SPECIAL AN LIVES IN THE COUNTRY . IMO THE GUYS A LITTLE OFF.

IF AN WHEN I GET A CONCEALED I MIGHT CARRY A SMALL POCKET PISTOL . I SHOOT POOL A LOT AN AM IN THE BARS ON WEEK ENDS SO I CANT CARRY THERE AN I SURE DONT WANT TO BE DRINKING AN CARRING AS THATS ILLEAGE HERE . IM MORE AFRAID OF A NEGATIVE RUN IN WITH THE LAW AN LOOSING ALL MY GUN PRIVILAGES THAN GETTING KILLED BY SOME ONE . iD HATE TO HAVE FEW BEERS IN ME AN GUN AT A TRAFFIC STOP .

I HAVE NO ISSUE WITH A OPEN CARRY SIDE ARM AN IF THERE WERE MORE WHO DID IT WERE LEGAL IT WOULD BE LESS OF A SPECTICAL.

WHEN YOU MAKE IT YOUR HOBBY TO BE SEEN WITH A GUN EVERY DAY AN FEEL YOU NEED TO JOIN A GROUP TO GET ATTENTION I HAVE A FEW ISSUES

Feedback Score

Perhaps if some people weren't dumb asses and just went about their business instead of having to stage demonstrations StarBucks wouldn't have been forced to take this action to keep BOTH pro-gun and anti-gun demonstrators from disrupting business.

It appears the presence of demonstrators from BOTH sides prompted this action. It wasn't like they weren't warned. StarBucks being a privately owned company can set its policy however it likes and it seems to me a few idiot gun owners pushed the issue by doing exactly what the CEO asked them not to do.

Either way it doesn't effect me in the least because I don't drink coffee and if I did I certainly wouldn't pay the ridiculous prices StarBucks wants for a cup of coffee. Just pass me my ice cold Mountain Dew and that my friends, or enemies, makes me happy!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.